PDA

View Full Version : "Sell"ica, I need help with selling the celica

geebes
03-22-2007, 04:56 AM
Here is what I had on my craigslist ad:
{Prepare yourself to witness the greatest car ever built: a 1993 Toyota Celica GT(fwd) with a turbo 3sgte swap. Extremely well built, extremely fast, never been tested but I would estimate 300-400hp. I am the third owner of this car. The original owner was my best friends uncle, then my best friend, now me (always been in the "family"). Only 26k miles have been put on the car in 5 years. An absolutely beautiful car, runs perfectly. Beautiful glossy black color, grey interior, Always Garaged. The car has 97,000 miles on frame. And 7,500 miles on a professionaly built and researched rebuild. Rebuild consists of JE pistons, crower rods, ferrea valves and valve springs, .20 overbore, 3 piece steel head gasket. Other mods are:

Greddy FMIC

Samco couplers

HKS BOV

Custom 2.5inch exhaust with HKS muffler

Haltech Engine Managemnet System E6X(currently running 14psi)

Eibach springs

Koni adjustable struts

Enkei 5+ wheels wrapped in Yokohama pradaspec 2

Battery relocation

TWM short shifter

ACT clutch

Fidanza lightweight flywheel

98 celica transmission

JDM Celica GT-FOUR hood

JDM rare Celica GT-FOUR RC bumper

JDM Clear corner lights and JDM vented tailights

Great iPod ready alpine cd deck

Great sounding Boston speakers

Basically a brand new car, almost everything has been replaced. $30,000 has been invested into this beautiful car. I just can't afford to have two cars anymore and need to sell "the black pearl": I'm a dork, I know. Must see to appreciate.

Email for more info: geebe_supreme@hotmail.com

Make me an offer, no low offers please. Hoping to get around $10, 000 or best offer. Please just make me an offer. Email me, tell me what you think. Please, no people trying to scam me...I've had enough of those.

Thanks for looking! **

What do you guys think of the ad?

Heres the car:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/geebes1/nnn8ji.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/geebes1/DSC00204.jpg
>
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/geebes1/DSC00203.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/geebes1/DSC00185.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/geebes1/blackcelicasinthesunset.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/geebes1/blackcelic.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/geebes1/blackceli.jpg

Before the FMIC:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/geebes1/beforefrontmountintercooler.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/geebes1/4hk1tue.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/geebes1/1ooo4uv-1.jpg

Any suggestions for selling, anyone interested, anyone for talking me out of it, What do you all think of the price?, give me some feedback. :bowdown:

1990CelicaGT-S
03-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Just one question...is that picture of the engine your engine? Because I spy a fmic and a tmic. Other than that it looks like a very good ad.

92CelicaST
03-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Very nice car if i had the cash id buy it off you but let me know of a price when you find one

Edit: never mind i see the price $10,000 OBO right?

85gtsblackman
03-22-2007, 11:42 AM
why would u sell that car, its nice , to bad its fwd

Fuelish
03-22-2007, 11:57 AM
That's nice !!!!! Man, wish I had some spare cashish ;)

Azzazzyn
03-22-2007, 03:08 PM
just pm ricksta, he'll buy it. :hehe:

geebes
03-22-2007, 04:04 PM
I havent had time to get the new engine bay pics yet. That explains the top mount.

geebes
03-22-2007, 04:15 PM
The only reason I'm selling it is because I'm getting married, i could use the money, and there will be a lack of garage space when I move out from the parents house. Also, I don't ever use the poor thing, I only take it out every other weekend for a few hours, and I would like to work a bit more on the blue celi that you see in one of the pics. Although it is a blast to drive, I think someone might enjoy it more than me. :Ban1:

92CelicaST
03-22-2007, 08:03 PM
what would be the absolute lowest you would take for it

geebes
03-22-2007, 10:27 PM
The lowest would probably be $9 thou-wow ($9000).

Cavanagh
03-23-2007, 02:29 AM
Wonderful celica man, but shouldnt this be in the B&S Forums? Good luck on the sale.

amx
03-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Great ad and that thing is beautiful. I really like those wheels. Now if only I had 9-10 grand just lying around... :D

Good luck getting what you want for it. Looks like she's worth every penny.

geebes
03-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Thank you everyone, all your input is very helpful. Do you think this is a reasonable price though?

2kSnakEater
03-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Do you think this is a reasonable price though?

oh hell no, why would I or any other person want to buy this car for $9k or $10k when I could get an All-Trac for the same or less? mods dont = value on a car like this, now an MR2 or an ST185 with these mods would be worth $9k-$12k

T-spoon
03-23-2007, 10:04 PM
oh hell no, why would I or any other person want to buy this car for $9k or $10k when I could get an All-Trac for the same or less? mods dont = value on a car like this, now an MR2 or an ST185 with these mods would be worth $9k-$12k

As much as I hate to agree with 2kcheapsauce, that may be a bit high to expect for the car. It looks very nice and seems to be well done, but I would expect more like 5-7 for it. By no means should you take that to mean your car isn't as good as you think it is, and you may be able to sell it for what you're wanting, but it's probably a bit on the high side to expect.

geebes
03-23-2007, 10:40 PM
It looks very nice and seems to be well done, but I would expect more like 5-7 for it. By no means should you take that to mean your car isn't as good as you think it is, and you may be able to sell it for what you're wanting, but it's probably a bit on the high side to expect.
Hmmm...indeed. :brick:

=cJ=
03-24-2007, 05:04 AM
That's one of the problems with modding a car, at the end of it all, you've still got effectively a FWD celica. Having said that, if someone wants a one-of-those, then you're sorted. :)

geebes
03-24-2007, 06:31 PM
That's one of the problems with modding a car, at the end of it all, you've still got effectively a FWD celica. Having said that, if someone wants a one-of-those, then you're sorted. :)

Hells Yeah! Although I would love an alltrac, I like the FWD. Can anyone tell me the point of RWD in a Front engine car? It just has never made sense to me. :squint:

extremeskillz
03-25-2007, 01:30 AM
I would personally get rid of the blue one and keep the black one esspecially the fact its the fastest of the two. O well nice whip good luck with the sell. As far as worth you could get 10K if someone wanted it badly because all the mods were done already. You just need to find the right buyer. Where i live i could def get 10K for mine over the 6k i paid for it 5years ago because its so rare in it condition. G/L

PhillyDRFT
03-25-2007, 01:40 AM
what transmission is this soposed 3-400hp going through?

geebes
03-25-2007, 01:55 AM
what transmission is this soposed 3-400hp going through?

It's in the ad homes. :slap:

rockitrob
03-25-2007, 01:00 PM
The only reason I'm selling it is because I'm getting married, i could use the money, and there will be a lack of garage space when I move out from the parents house. Also, I don't ever use the poor thing, I only take it out every other weekend for a few hours, and I would like to work a bit more on the blue celi that you see in one of the pics. Although it is a blast to drive, I think someone might enjoy it more than me. :Ban1:

Is that your wife to be's idea to sell the car? Is her idea of a car one with 4 doors? If you sell that car now you will be nearing retirement before you get something like that again. :slap:

Hookecho
03-25-2007, 04:44 PM
nice car! why are you keeping the other one instead the swapped one?

geebes
03-28-2007, 02:27 AM
Is that your wife to be's idea to sell the car? Is her idea of a car one with 4 doors? If you sell that car now you will be nearing retirement before you get something like that again. :slap:

No, but there is a sweet red WRX wagon with my name on it! :ohyeah:

geebes
03-28-2007, 02:34 AM
nice car! why are you keeping the other one instead the swapped one?

The other was my first car, and its my truely my baby. The black one was my best friends project car, and I feel like it isn't mine still. I love the blue one for some reason, maybe its the color? There is something I really like about it, more than the black fast one, I would like to make this my own personal project I guess?

gummie
03-28-2007, 05:11 AM
Hells Yeah! Although I would love an alltrac, I like the FWD. Can anyone tell me the point of RWD in a Front engine car? It just has never made sense to me. :squint:

Traction, no understeer issues, no torque steer issues, stronger components (transmission, rear end, axles, DS, clutch, etc), more room under the hood (generally speaking), etc etc.

I'm not trying to knock your Celica – it’s obviously had some love and attention put into it. It’s just that from a buyers perspective it doesn’t make sense.

geebes
03-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Traction, no understeer issues, no torque steer issues, stronger components (transmission, rear end, axles, DS, clutch, etc), more room under the hood (generally speaking), etc etc.

I'm not trying to knock your Celica Ė itís obviously had some love and attention put into it. Itís just that from a buyers perspective it doesnít make sense.

Ok, that makes sense. I have never had the experience of driving one myself, so I wasn't sure, but as far as stronger components, Really? Whys that? Thank you gummie.

gummie
03-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Ok, that makes sense. I have never had the experience of driving one myself, so I wasn't sure, but as far as stronger components, Really? Whys that? Thank you gummie.

Not a problem. We're all here to learn :)

The components of a RWD car are generally stronger than FWD because they're bigger. When confined to a FWD platform you don't really have a lot of space to work with, which means that things are smaller. I'm not saying that if you have the biggest trans/rear end/drive shaft/whatever it's going to automatically be stronger than a smaller variation, but the extra size does help. Ford’s 9” rear and GM’s 12 bolt rear are both pretty much unbreakable as are their axles and if you do happen to break an axle Strange and Moser will both replace them for free. You can’t get a much strong DS than a 3” tig welded chrome moly unit. Yada, yada.