PDA

View Full Version : Celica on Pimp My Ride

ty_44_69
03-21-2007, 01:19 AM
currently 9pm est and Pimp My Ride is doing a Celica. This may be an old show, but I never watch this show. Either way complete rice, but it's still cool to see a celica get made over. Too bad they didn't just make it look like an All-trac, and do a swap, haha.

PhillyDRFT
03-21-2007, 01:29 AM
yeah that shat is old, but I'll let you slide for not watching MTV. They put a bike in her trunk and make darth vader jokes about the kit they put on iirc

ty_44_69
03-21-2007, 02:19 AM
ya I never watch mtv..........ever.

toyotaguy90
03-21-2007, 03:29 AM
Pics anyone?? i am curious to see the gayness they bestowed upon it

PhillyDRFT
03-21-2007, 05:36 AM
http://www.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2006/09/Picture%205.png

http://www.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2006/09/Picture%203.png

http://www.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2006/09/Picture%204.png

PhillyDRFT
03-21-2007, 05:40 AM
Aside from the color scheme, It's not THAT bad. they deleted the rear seats to put in subwoofers. Sadly under the laptop is a foldable bike and no one wants to sit inside there hatch to go on the laptop. IIRC they linked the laptop to the drives in the trunk (on the left) to make a 1tb raid, and it's remotely controlled by the touch screen in the dash. Which is a very nice setup. Not to mention again if you take away the color scheme it's pretty conservative and contemporary for PMR.

insomnak8702
03-21-2007, 05:54 AM
looks like it was a gts. cuz it has the system 10 panels

toyotaguy90
03-21-2007, 06:27 AM
not as bad as i had imagined. if it did'nt have that orange cream popsicle color it would actually be pretty decent.

1990CelicaGT-S
03-21-2007, 09:17 AM
looks like it was a gts. cuz it has the system 10 panels

The first picture also looks like its narrow body. Very easy to put system 10 panels on the doors. I think that car is a good example of modifications, but that stuff should be left for the hondas.

Cavanagh
03-21-2007, 02:24 PM
:ugh: I cry everytime i see it.

hyoctane
03-21-2007, 02:45 PM
:ugh: I cry everytime i see it.

No doubt. I watched it :cringe: and the interior of the car reminded me of a bass boat... :puke:

Idiot Stick
03-21-2007, 05:07 PM
The first picture also looks like its narrow body. Very easy to put system 10 panels on the doors. I think that car is a good example of modifications, but that stuff should be left for the hondas.

Tis what I'm doin. :D

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
03-21-2007, 06:55 PM
ya i def think it is a lil too ricey but if i were her i would def take that mac out the back of my car and keep it out for personal use and wouldnt bring it back in my car ha...

Cavanagh
03-21-2007, 11:53 PM
No doubt. I watched it :cringe: and the interior of the car reminded me of a bass boat... :puke:
Haha, it really does.

ya i def think it is a lil too ricey but if i were her i would def take that mac out the back of my car and keep it out for personal use and wouldnt bring it back in my car ha...
word, that mac is asking to get jacked, espically in a glass liftback where they can see it. Ugh, who the hell is going to go to there car to type a paper or sumthing? lol :wtf: ooooh PMR's ideas get me everytime.

PhillyDRFT
03-22-2007, 03:07 AM
Haha, it really does.

word, that mac is asking to get jacked, espically in a glass liftback where they can see it. Ugh, who the hell is going to go to there car to type a paper or sumthing? lol :wtf: ooooh PMR's ideas get me everytime.

yeah but people are paying them to do it, there no worse than the same people you see at car shows with 10000000000000000000000000watt stereo systems that can emulsify your internal organs. There bad ideas, but people still want to see them done. I had a car pc in my celica it was amazing, the only reason I took it out was because of heat problems, but I had free GPS on it, used it to play music and dvd's in my car. it wasn't a bad idea. They have everything linked, no i don't think it should be right under the glass hatch but if your displaying your shit at a car show, it proves your point, she can always harness it up in a case and tuck it away in the trunk.

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
03-22-2007, 03:35 AM
ok so i guess we have all come to the conclusion that theres no way a mac is gonna sit in the window of our cars except for car shows or any other event or situation that shows off your car...honestly if they put a mac and all that hdd in my car, i would be on my mac more than i would be in my car...lol...they def gave that chick way more hdd space then she needs in her lifetime, so i would def make some big bucks selling those back HA

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
03-22-2007, 03:38 AM
im sure this was mentioned already but , who does orange and pink?? honestly....like, what was up with that, ink i understand for being a girl and all but where did the orange come in ??...im not an art major but ive never in my life thought to even imagine a pink/orange duo for interior car colors..thats just me though....also, the body kit and spoiler....we def need to get more of those things made...i see the same body kit and spoiler on every celica that has a body kit or spoiler, always the same...we need to get some designers on that one....