PDA

View Full Version : '91 3SGTE into '90 GT Questions

sstory0626
03-18-2007, 01:42 PM
1. As I was bolting up the crossmembers and such, I noticed how pitifully small the custom 2" flex-pipe back exhaust was and decided to ask here what the best route to go is.

I noticed that the All-trac exhausts that are available on eBay seem to follow the driveshaft tunnel and then proceed straight back to the rear bumper, whereas the GT routes it out to the side right before the gas tank and then back after it clears it.

Is my cousin stuck getting *another* custom 3" exhaust for this car too, or can I use an All-trac exhaust on it?

2. Can I use the stock GT fuel pump to start the engine and get bugs out before boosting? My cousin is building this thing paycheck to paycheck (which isn't much when you're 17) and I want to get it out of my driveway!

I've read that you need a high-flow pump and I see a bunch of Walbro's on eBay. What one would you recommend? I don't think he'd mind if it's a bit noisy. I don't think we'll ever boost beyond the CT-26's and fuel injector's range. Just do the fuel cut mod and possibly a backyard water injection system.

3. What the hell in an ignitor? Only place I've heard of those being used is on a model rocket motor I've had to piece this thing together, and after conquering (I hope) the wiring harness and tracking down various sensors and pieces I'm just trying to cover my bases. It wouldn't be the small resistor thing sitting on the same bracket as the injector resistor pack, would it?

4. Did JDM 3SGTE's ever come with cruise control? The bracket on mine has a provision for only one cable--can I just find a new bracket and TB lever?

Thanks!
Shawn

1990CelicaGT-S
03-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Is my cousin stuck getting *another* custom 3" exhaust for this car too, or can I use an All-trac exhaust on it?

The AllTrac exaust cannot be used because the GT has a different floor than the AllTrac. It would be cheaper also to run a custom 3" exaust.

Can I use the stock GT fuel pump to start the engine and get bugs out before boosting? My cousin is building this thing paycheck to paycheck (which isn't much when you're 17) and I want to get it out of my driveway!

I've read that you need a high-flow pump and I see a bunch of Walbro's on eBay. What one would you recommend? I don't think he'd mind if it's a bit noisy.

I'm not sure if the stock pump can be used still but the Walbro pump that many people use is the 255 which costs around $100.

andy
03-30-2007, 06:08 AM
yeah you can crank it with the stock pump, i did mine like that until i installed the walbro