PDA

View Full Version : electrical grounds for 3sgte

xeril
01-31-2005, 11:47 PM
i'm thinking my problem might be a ground problem. it'll start sometimes, sometimes it wont. its pretty much just random. so i wanna know what should be grounded. thanks in advance :)

CelicaGT4
02-01-2005, 01:34 AM
Ground the alternator to the strut tower bar with a 4 gauge ground wire you can buy at Napa. Thats all the ground you'll need.

Lagos
02-01-2005, 02:32 AM
what dosnt start? the starter, spark, etc?

i had an issue where sometimes i would turn the key and nothing happened, then i trun it again and the starter would kick on. it got so bad that overtime, my car would just stall out randomly. it turned out that one of the wires that goes to the ignitor was loose inside the harness plug. i found a new plug, wired it in, and the problem went away.

Sean
02-01-2005, 06:47 AM
Ground the alternator to the strut tower bar with a 4 gauge ground wire you can buy at Napa. Thats all the ground you'll need.

Negative (no pun intended :hehe:), you should have MULTIPLE grounds!

All 4 gauge or better from, head to chassis, block to chassis, transmission to chassis, battery to chassis, alternator to chassis, and shit, i even did an intake manifold to chassis.

You dont want your throttle cable to be your last ground, that is a guaranteed smoke show.

Jaemus
02-01-2005, 10:29 AM
yeah
theres no such thing as overkill when it comes to this sort of thing - think of it as insurance