PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Part Number - Anyone have a HyperRev Magazine?

Playfortoday
03-14-2007, 03:13 AM
I have been trying for many, many years to get a smoked acrylic wind deflector for the top of the rear hatch glass on a 5th gen GT-S/All-trac. My buddy Toyota_Todd has one, but there is no listing for the part number anywhere on the part. It looks very similar to the 6th Gen one that is readily available. The piece actually bolts on and has a very slightly-raised Toyota Symbol and "Toyota" underneath it located in the ver center/top edge of the piece. If I can get a part number, I can source this if it is still made. And after finding out there is still stock out there for the side visors, I am sure there is stock for these too.

I was think a hyperrev celica issue would have this part. Anyone that has one, can you check for me?

The most frustrating thing is that if this was a USDM part, I could make a two minute phone call and order it. If there was someone on here that is proficient in Japanese and could call a Japanese dealership, that would probably work just as easily; but obviously that isn't the case or we would be floating in affordable JDM parts at all times. I think Joel's mom could do something like this, but the barrier would be that her knowledge of cars is limited. The person would have to know exactly how to articulate what I am looking for and to not take "no" for an answer until a part number was issued. What do you think, Joel(1sloceli)?

I have been told that the first half of the part number for the side visors is the same for the rear deflector/visor. That number is 08613-20130.

The rear is obviously 08613-*****. With all the info, I figured a company like RHDjapan would help find in, but they told me I had to do the leg work. GARRRRGH! It would take them a couple minutes to call a dealer, and in return they would make a nice profit off me. Why god why? I don't speak jajapnese and every non-US site/messageboard I have checked won't or can't help.

I did find a site with code in the background that listed this:

08613-20130 DVST182001 ST182 TOYOTA DOOR VISOR

and

No Part Number DVST182002 ST182 TOYOTA REAR VISOR

I emailed the owner of the site that runs a JDM parts business and got no reply:

To:
billy@supergt.com.hk
Subject:
ST18x Side and Rear Window Visors
Date:
Thursday, February 22, 2007 10:11:19 PM

[View Source]

Billy,

I found listings in a spreadsheet on your site via Google for Celica Visors:

08613-20130 DVST182001 ST182 TOYOTA DOOR VISOR

and

No Part Number DVST182002 ST182 TOYOTA REAR VISOR

I am curious if you sell these as I found no active listings on your main site.

Thanks,

Jay

I am about tapped out. Can anyone assist?:( Thanks.

Playfortoday
03-14-2007, 04:21 PM
:bump:

sloceli
03-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Jay I can have a chat with my mom but like you said she's not a car person. I looked through the entire parts catalog last night and couldn't it.

Playfortoday
03-14-2007, 04:54 PM
I have an electronic version of the Toyota EPC that I am going to install. What catalog did you use? Was it a JDM one(lol)? I think this thing was a dealer-offered genuine Toyota accessory. Kind of like the crap you see on peg boards in Toyota waiting rooms like floor mats, step-sides for SUVs, and hood deflectors. Except this was the early 90's and things were only published in manuals and microfiche. Damn technology.

Playfortoday
03-14-2007, 05:00 PM
PS. Yes, your mom's help would be great. It gets us closer than we are now, right? :D I can send you some pictures if I can find what computer they are on. She just needs to tell them that is branded as an official part/accessory and not take no for an answer.

Why did I have to take five years of spanish? ¡MaldígaLe, español!

Playfortoday
03-14-2007, 05:01 PM
"Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3
Playfortoday, Trance4c, Idiot Stick"

I see you! Quit holding out!

sloceli
03-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Jay look at the pics in this thread. http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8025 Look at the hatch on the black one. Thats the hatch I have in my garage. It looks like it has the brackets for the rear visor. I'll go check the hatch now and see if I can pull a part number off of it.

Playfortoday
03-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Here's to hoping the brackets do. The plastic part had nothing on it.:(

Playfortoday
03-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Doesn't look like the Toyota versions, but check this out:

http://www.supergt.info/full/DVMNH10001.jpg

All three are for a Toyota. No clue which one. Dang Japanese!

This is kinda neat:
http://www.supergt.info/full/SOTUSW20.jpg

sloceli
03-14-2007, 05:47 PM
I finally got off my ass and no luck. Next time I chat with my mom, probably this weekend I'll ask her to look.

Playfortoday
03-14-2007, 06:40 PM
Alltrac.net had nothing more than I already had. This is like chasing a ghost.

sloceli
03-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Scroll towards the bottom of this page they advertise a 5th gen body kit. I don't know if the spoiler comes with it and I don't speak Turkish. http://itspower.win.aplus.net/en/products.asp?id=38

Playfortoday
03-14-2007, 06:57 PM
That is the fiberglass one. Nice, but I want the real one.:(

Edit: To clear up any confusion... this is the real version below. It is Toyota OE.

Idiot Stick
03-14-2007, 07:46 PM
"Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3
Playfortoday, Trance4c, Idiot Stick"

I see you! Quit holding out!

:wiggle:

Sorry dude, Im of no use to you today :(

KoreanJoey
03-15-2007, 06:00 AM
Jay look at the pics in this thread. http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8025 Look at the hatch on the black one. Thats the hatch I have in my garage. It looks like it has the brackets for the rear visor. I'll go check the hatch now and see if I can pull a part number off of it.

Those cars look familiar... :bigthumbu

If you guys can find a part number I can see if Toyota Motorsports can hunt one down.

Shadowlife25
03-15-2007, 06:57 AM
I've been searching like mad for the OEM rear visor as well. It's like a fuckin' unicorn !
If there is any progress on this I'd definitely like to know. Meanwhile I'll continue ghost-hunting as well.

Oh, Play do you have access to the side visors. If you have a source already, maybe we can set something up. Please send me a PM and let me know.

Playfortoday
03-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Those cars look familiar... :bigthumbu

If you guys can find a part number I can see if Toyota Motorsports can hunt one down.

The problem is that we probably will not find a part number on our own. Is there anyone you can ask?

Playfortoday
03-15-2007, 12:48 PM
I've been searching like mad for the OEM rear visor as well. It's like a fuckin' unicorn !
If there is any progress on this I'd definitely like to know. Meanwhile I'll continue ghost-hunting as well.

Oh, Play do you have access to the side visors. If you have a source already, maybe we can set something up. Please send me a PM and let me know.

PM sent.

Shadowlife25
03-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Got it. I noticed that even though the NZ market has many of the same parts as the Japanese, even they got some strange one-off for the rear visor.

T-spoon
03-15-2007, 03:42 PM
I have an electronic version of the Toyota EPC that I am going to install. What catalog did you use? Was it a JDM one(lol)? I think this thing was a dealer-offered genuine Toyota accessory. Kind of like the crap you see on peg boards in Toyota waiting rooms like floor mats, step-sides for SUVs, and hood deflectors. Except this was the early 90's and things were only published in manuals and microfiche. Damn technology.

Unfortunately it's not likely going to be in any EPC version reguardless of where it comes from, most accessories are kept in books and on websites, even for current US models to this day.

Playfortoday
03-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Unfortunately it's not likely going to be in any EPC version reguardless of where it comes from, most accessories are kept in books and on websites, even for current US models to this day.

Never mind me installing that then. Thanks, T.:D

insomnak8702
03-15-2007, 05:23 PM
here's a place where you can buy the rear upper spoiler for the hatch.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=GTS-51250&N=400397+300678+115&autoview=sku

grayscale
03-15-2007, 05:37 PM
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=GTS-51250&N=400397+300678+115&autoview=sku
Naption, looks like poo. We wants the one above on the gold car.

Playfortoday
03-15-2007, 05:58 PM

Well aware of that one. I could have bought that long ago, cause I was a dealer for GT Styling, but it just isn't the same. The Toyota one is where it's at. Someone on alltrac.net bought another style off aftermarket from NZ. It looked really bad to me and stuck 8" out from the glass and parallel to the ground. There is also another one from Ventshade that has a duckbill flip up lip on it that is less appealing that the GT Styling one. GT Styling will be my back up, but I will probably never give up.

To anyone else that is looking or interested in helping:

My buddy's visor that looks identical to the one I attached above does have a difference or two. My buddy's visor had the toyota symbol and "Toyota" stacked above and below each other instead of side by side. That means that there might be two different part number or just a revision.

T-spoon
03-16-2007, 03:51 AM
I'm going to see if we can't check with our connection in Japan and see if there isn't a source for it. Time would be a serious issue if there is, it's taking longer and longer to get things from over there through Toyota. They don't really want the non-US stuff here. Boo.

Denver_whiteST185
03-16-2007, 09:46 AM
I started a thread for you in hopes that someone might figure this out or spread the word....

http://www.awdpirates.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20111&highlight=

Sean
03-16-2007, 09:55 AM
Rough crowd over there :hehe:

Denver_whiteST185
03-16-2007, 10:07 AM
yeah, but they're all my friends :D

Plus, on that forum, everyone threadjacks the crap out of everything....

Playfortoday
03-16-2007, 01:25 PM
With more people looking who want to buy it, the less chance I have to get it. I only wanted people to help ME find it.:hehe: I only like the Toyota-made one. The rest are blah, and the GT Styling is OK.

Playfortoday
03-16-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm going to see if we can't check with our connection in Japan and see if there isn't a source for it. Time would be a serious issue if there is, it's taking longer and longer to get things from over there through Toyota. They don't really want the non-US stuff here. Boo.

Thanks for the assist.:)

Shadowlife25
03-18-2007, 02:14 AM
So would your friend be willing to part with his long enough to get the replicator going? ;)
If he is then we could pitch in to get some made! I'd also be willing to send him a thank you note :) Seriously though, we do have options if we can get ahold of just one, acrylic, carbon, abs, fiber. Material is immaterial after paint, as long as the styling and function are identical. Though personally I would also prefer one in acrylic.

Playfortoday
03-19-2007, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't expect him to make that sacrifice. His car is very "together" at the moment. When it goes down for mods coming up soon, I might ask; but with no less than a guarantee that it will be in perfect shape when he gets it back. I don't see that happening though. It is currently not replaceable, and I could not bring myself to take the risk. Maybe if he could keep it in his custody while the thing is molded... meh. That is all I can think of, and would would not expect any of it.

The hatch clip would have to be fabricated too, but I think Joel can help out there.

ccsouls
04-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Did anyone EVER find this part?

I am looking for it now also.

Please let me know something.

Thanks.

brak
04-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Did anyone look in hyper-rev?
didn't see any mention other than the thread title...

I'll look at my copy when i get home

Trance4c
06-30-2009, 12:03 AM
Ya, these would be nice.