PDA

View Full Version : should I or should I not?

2kSnakEater
03-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Make my 92 All-Trac into an LS1 All-Trac? maybe Turbo it with Twin CT26s? It would loose the awd but it would rock and put Ctech on the map.

There is a 10% chance on this actualy happening but I would still like to hear what you all have to say.

Murgatroy
03-12-2007, 06:08 PM
I don't think it would get any notice.

Too Frankenstiened.

Plus it has been done.

There is a fellow from Oz with a Twin Turbo V8 ST185RC.

greymatter
03-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Make my 92 All-Trac into an LS1 All-Trac? maybe Turbo it with Twin CT26s? It would loose the awd but it would rock and put Ctech on the map.

There is a 10% chance on this actualy happening but I would still like to hear what you all have to say.

yea that would be cool and all. but fitting an ls1 in there would be a bitch. you'd have to cut into the firewall... it'd be rough. i've seen it done with a toyota v-8 but it was still smaller than an ls1 i think.

and if i were gonna do it, i'd probably go Lt1, or maybe lt4, they have carburated versions that would be alot easier to install. most ls1's are computer controlled, which would be a bitch to get working, and although you can make them carburated... i think going with the lt1 or lt4 would be easiest.

TheNefariousOne
03-12-2007, 06:28 PM
I'd imagine that the LS1 would actually be smaller than a comparable Toyota V8 since it's OHV rather than DOHC. Otherwise, I think it'd be sweet but you would have to make sure you do it right. It's gonna turn out bad if you half-ass some shit.

Option #3: Donate to me! ;)

2kSnakEater
03-12-2007, 06:49 PM
remember, that Twin Turbo V8 All-Trac was a Toyota V8 and it was a Group "A" not an Rc. It did not have a Corvette LS1. This would not be half assed one bit, and would be done right.

TheNefariousOne
03-12-2007, 06:56 PM
I know, I'm just saying in general if a project like this was undertaken and half-assed, results = bad.

90CelicaST
03-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Group A=RC=CS

2kSnakEater
03-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Group A=RC=CS

nope, Group A is the Narrow body GT4, now RC=CS that is correct.

CandianCelicaGT
03-12-2007, 07:48 PM
LS1 Rear wheel drive FTMFW !!!!

extremeskillz
03-12-2007, 08:03 PM
You have my vote for a go ahead. I wish all celicas had at least rwd!

KoreanJoey
03-12-2007, 10:37 PM
nope, Group A is the Narrow body GT4

No, it's not.

PhillyDRFT
03-13-2007, 12:41 AM
Money to Power and Reliablity just stick to the 3sgte. Use half the budget for the ls1 on upgrading the 3sgte you'll end up with enough power and maintain the seasonal drivability and fun factor of AWD.

burnyd
03-13-2007, 12:51 AM
Money to Power and Reliablity just stick to the 3sgte. Use half the budget for the ls1 on upgrading the 3sgte you'll end up with enough power and maintain the seasonal drivability and fun factor of AWD.

NO... lol lets be serious now.... money:power... put a ls1 in there with headers cam exhaust heads intake spray tune.. lol... lets be honest here youll be exceeding the 400whp limits..

for a rwd 3sgte car to go that far andbe reliable you would spend alot more money... plus you get the rumble of the v8... the only alltrac in america to have a rwd ls1 !!! And 87 octane pump gas get 25mpg !!!

This would be amazing... but I meen it would take alot to get the motor/trans in there...

85gtsblackman
03-13-2007, 01:19 AM
hahahahahah

my platform ownz that all i have to say

You have my vote for a go ahead. I wish all celicas had at least rwd!

see sig

edit: a 2jzgte ra65 would own that project of yours but id be a nice one and for those saying lt1 it would be to nose heavy

burnyd
03-13-2007, 03:30 AM
^^ No I have teh ultimate platform everyone knows this...

Azzazzyn
03-13-2007, 04:10 AM
^^^no I have the bigger dick......I mean ultimate platform

PhillyDRFT
03-13-2007, 04:31 AM
NO... lol lets be serious now.... money:power... put a ls1 in there with headers cam exhaust heads intake spray tune.. lol... lets be honest here youll be exceeding the 400whp limits..

for a rwd 3sgte car to go that far andbe reliable you would spend alot more money... plus you get the rumble of the v8... the only alltrac in america to have a rwd ls1 !!! And 87 octane pump gas get 25mpg !!!

This would be amazing... but I meen it would take alot to get the motor/trans in there...

and wtf is the point of having 400hp with all of that shit? how much money are you talking about? Yeah it's awesome to have the only rwd LS1 AT... It's 3-4k for a ls1 front clip alone. However much you want to price the mods. With the 3sgte he doesn't have to worry about weld quality of his mounts because there stock. He'll also need a new drive shaft to mate up to the AT differential, or go through the trouble of fabricating in larger differential to fit the rear. Im pretty sure with the time and money put out for the 400hp LS1 he can have a 300-350hp 3sgte with less of a headache. The reliability isn't as much in the engine itself as it is in the extra he will have to do getting it into the AT. I'm not knocking the LS1... it's great in corvettes and an alternative to the rotary in some occasions. Real world scenario being "original" costs money and Time is valuable. a huge swap like that is a labor of love and it comes down to is it worth it for him in the end? like murg said there have been V8 celicas if you're doing it for the fanfare it might not be there once you've put 100+ hours into your swap.

Just my .02 cents.

Cavanagh
03-13-2007, 05:30 AM
^agree^ and can a ls1 even fit into the celicas small engine bay? another factor to think about.

burnyd
03-13-2007, 06:04 AM
and wtf is the point of having 400hp with all of that shit? how much money are you talking about? Yeah it's awesome to have the only rwd LS1 AT... It's 3-4k for a ls1 front clip alone. However much you want to price the mods. With the 3sgte he doesn't have to worry about weld quality of his mounts because there stock. He'll also need a new drive shaft to mate up to the AT differential, or go through the trouble of fabricating in larger differential to fit the rear. Im pretty sure with the time and money put out for the 400hp LS1 he can have a 300-350hp 3sgte with less of a headache. The reliability isn't as much in the engine itself as it is in the extra he will have to do getting it into the AT. I'm not knocking the LS1... it's great in corvettes and an alternative to the rotary in some occasions. Real world scenario being "original" costs money and Time is valuable. a huge swap like that is a labor of love and it comes down to is it worth it for him in the end? like murg said there have been V8 celicas if you're doing it for the fanfare it might not be there once you've put 100+ hours into your swap.

Just my .02 cents.

because a 3-350hp 3sgte = breakidge.. 400whp well lets say 480hp motor lsx = reliable daily driveable and just awesome to put into a celica.. yes it would be really hard..

does burnyd have access to a welder and a best friend who can fabricate like it is his Job ??? the answer is yes see sig.

Would I do it if I had the money... YES!

Lets be honest here... a lsx motors are amazing. I would lsx another import in a heart beat.. when you compare power to weight it would be a great combination shit a lsx weighs less than a 3sgte drvietrain stock!

Murgatroy
03-16-2007, 09:36 AM
I was thinking about this tonite at work.

Hot Rodding 101.

Mustang II front clip, backhalved with a 'vette rear. Cage it, box chassis, channeled a couple of inches. Drop the firewall back 6 inches, make a tranny tunnel and fab a new floor. Lexus V8 (for me, I would want to keep a Toyota powerplant, a wrecked V8 Lexus could even donate the rearend to keep the cost low,) set it way back for good balance. Fab your front end back on over aluminum inner fenders and engine bay, modify your lights and you are done.

You could do it with a FWD chassis as well, keeping a total cost near an estimate $15K.

It would shame some higher dollar cars all over the track if you kept the car on a serious diet.