PDA

View Full Version : I'll be lookin

MCcelica
03-11-2007, 07:24 AM
at a 7th gen GT-S 6spd tomorrow round noon. Dude's askin bout 6,500 for it. I'll be able to talk him down though. I'll post pics of it tomorrow. I seriously want it. Not gonna sell my 6g cause I put too much work into 'er to just let 'er go. Just lookin at it for a daily driver. Anyone wanna shout out anything to look (or listen) for that could be a red flag specific to 7gens?

Cavanagh
03-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Holy hell! 6,500? What year? How many miles? Thats one hell of a deal!

MCcelica
03-12-2007, 05:52 AM
2000. The "Too bright running lights" were taken care of with a toggle switch, it has a short ram intake (Hood scoop is functional for it), injen exhaust which really isn't all that loud, Sony HU, JL audio amp, forgot the brand of speakers, Python alarm, imaculate interior, couple of dings and scratches but what DD doesn't? Uhm. Took it for a spin today and it was fun as hell. He upgraded the grounds so when the VVTLi kicks in it's a lot smoother. Got about 146k on the ticker but she still rides like new. Ho man, seriously this dude really took care of it. Hell, he even put on some sound deadening material all through the back end of the car. You can't hear the stereo outside of it and you can't hear the exhaust inside of it. Sunroof doesn't leak. Nothin. I'm goin to the bank tomorrow to see what I can work out. I would have posted pics tonight, but I got there to see it today and the batteries for the camera were dead. If I get the car it'll be posted for sure. If I don't get it, then it doesn't matter what it looks like :laugh:

Cavanagh
03-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Damn, thats awesome, best of luck with the purchase.

KoreanJoey
03-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Wow... those miles were really tacked on there... you go any papers on the car? *I keep a log book of everything (maintenance, oil changes, etc)* Was the timing belt changed blah blah blah.

MCcelica
03-12-2007, 07:22 PM
There wasn't a log book, but when I looked at it, everything was fresh. The guy did all the stuff himself. Timing belt looked like it was straight out of the box, tires had less than 80 miles on 'em (That he did have papers for), the clutch bit like a shark, etc.

KoreanJoey
03-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Any timing belt stickers?

hyoctane
03-12-2007, 11:26 PM
Wait wait... we're talking about a 7th gen, right?

b/c the 2ZZ has a timing chain....

MCcelica
03-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Yeah, 2000. 1zzge. It's the 4 cyl with a 6spd. Kinda wierd I thought but tis true.

Cavanagh
03-13-2007, 01:50 AM
Yeah, 2000. 1zzge. It's the 4 cyl with a 6spd. Kinda wierd I thought but tis true.
Theres only two engines from the 2000's The 1zzfe in the GT's which is rated at 140hp w/ no lift and a 5 spd, and theres the GTS' 2zzge which is at 180hp with a 6spd and Lift y0! I think you got the two mixed up. ;)

hyoctane
03-13-2007, 02:09 AM
When you look under the hood, does it look like my GT-S in my signature? I have a 2ZZ and a 6 speed...

I know that there was a 6 speed offered in the GT version in Europe, but you live state-side, right?

do0d, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celica and maybe that will clear a few things up...

MCcelica
03-13-2007, 02:21 AM
Right. Nevermind. Sorry. Yes it's the 2zz. My bad mangs. No wonder I was a little confused. So there is a chain. Bout how long do those things last? I mighta been lookin at somethin else then if it's got a chain.

Cavanagh
03-13-2007, 05:20 AM
Right. Nevermind. Sorry. Yes it's the 2zz. My bad mangs. No wonder I was a little confused. So there is a chain. Bout how long do those things last? I mighta been lookin at somethin else then if it's got a chain.
Dude, please dont pass it up just because it has a chain...6500 is a hell of a deal for a gts. if you get approved, fucking do it. :Ban1:

KoreanJoey
03-13-2007, 05:39 AM
I'm not a big fan of chains... I'm not a big fan of extra weight on/in the engine in general.

MCcelica
03-13-2007, 05:58 AM
Yeah, if I get approved I'm thinkin I'm still gonna get it. The bank estimated the value at $8,575. Lookin at it, it'd be worth every penny (Save for a few dings and what not) But seriously, anyone know how long them timing chains last?

vip09
03-23-2007, 07:17 AM
I'm not a big fan of chains... I'm not a big fan of extra weight on/in the engine in general.

The 2zz is an interference engine. That's why it has a timing chain. If it was to get out of timing the valves would hit the pistons. So a timing belt would be a very bad idea on this engine.

TheNefariousOne
03-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Why would people NOT want a chain? It only adds a few pounds and is much less prone to failure. I'm not following the reasoning here...

Smaay
04-17-2007, 06:50 AM
The 2zz is an interference engine. That's why it has a timing chain. If it was to get out of timing the valves would hit the pistons. So a timing belt would be a very bad idea on this engine.

WORNG!!! the 2ZZ is a non-interferance engine....and a chain is 100000 times better than a belt. and holy crap why would you worry about engine weight?