PDA

View Full Version : low rpm.. spark plugs???

turk
03-11-2007, 02:56 AM
hey guys. i have a little rpm problem with my 2000celica gt-s. Like a month ago, I was driving (shifting around 8k rpm) and once i stopped, the rpm was really low. below 1000. the engine shakes like the cars gonna go off. and the exhaust is really loud. like its busted or sth.

then i took it to the mechanic, they told me that i had a problem with the spark plugs. i changed all 4 of them. and tonight i was driving again (8k rpm again) and it did the same thing again. so im going to take the car to the mechanic again. and they are going to say the same thing.

is it me? should i stop shifting on 8000rpm? or is there sth wrong with the car? i know guys shifting their celicas around 8400rpm. nothing had happened to their cars. is there something causing spark plugs to burn? or should i start driving slower? but i believe it should be ok to shift around 8000 like once a week.

thank you...

celicatrd93
03-11-2007, 03:56 AM
try going on the www.newcelica.org , they can fix that problem in no time.

grayscale
03-11-2007, 04:27 AM
I don't think we need to refer people away from the site, you need to allow a little more time than one hour for some one to respond to a post.

If you could post a pic of your used plugs it would helpful. How did they look when you pulled them out?

celicatrd93
03-11-2007, 05:00 AM
they face these types of problems everyday there, they respond pretty quick there, i was not refering him away,just trying to help with his problem.

alltracman78
03-11-2007, 03:12 PM
One shift at 8K RPMs shouldn't ruin the plugs....

What brand/type plugs are you using?
How many miles has it been since they were changed?

turk
03-11-2007, 04:33 PM
i think the problem is not about the plugs. it is the heads. because last time they changed the heads. the heads that gives the compression to the plugs.

what brand do you recommend for plugs? do the heads under the plugs burn because of spark plugs? because it is not enough when i change the plugs.

Dr.Auto
03-20-2007, 05:45 AM
I'm just going to say what I think it sounds like.......kind of like in guess form.

I think it sounds like a VVt-I problem........ is the CEL on?

atrac7gts
03-22-2007, 04:18 PM
vvtl-i...i don't know, i have a '00 GTS (btw guys i'm new to the site, great job on it, i love it) and ever since i purchased my car i've been hearing (and reading) how the '00 GTS has a higher chance of messing up near redline...? blown engines and such? i don't know if that's true or not, but i've heard the same symptoms listed...good luck on it man