PDA

View Full Version : My first car(90 celica gt)

liplip
03-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Car history: Bought the car last september.Bought the car from a girl for $600 and she was getting rid of it because there was a power steering leak and she got a new car.I got a family friend that's mechanic to check it out to see if its worth $600.Its the first car i bought with my own $$.The mechanic family friend didn't see anything else wrong with the car and so i bought it.The power steering leak was just a high pressure hose and that cost $90 from Parts Source.My mechanic family friend changed all the fluids, brakes,e-brake lines and fuel line....free labour.I know nothing about cars so i just sat and watched for pretty much the whole time.I changed the tires, the brake lights, fog lights, dome lights.I bought an SRI from ebay and installed it.

After 2 months of driving the car, i got my first speeding ticket after 8 yrs of driving.I was driving home from another city(Scarborough back to niagara) at 12:30AM when a cop clocked me going 150 km/h in the QEW.He lowered the ticket to 130 km/h in a 100 km/h and was fined $220.I took the option of talking to a prosecutor was the charged was lowered to 115 km/h in a 100 km/h zone, no demerit points, fine was lowered from $220 to $60, they gave me 2 months to pay the $60 because i told them i am a poor college student.The poor college student defence always works.I wasn't trying to get out of the speeding ticket...just get the fine lowered since i really AM a poor college student who barely gets by on tuition.I learned my lesson not to speed that much anymore.I usually go 110 in the highway.I need the gas tank fixed soon because it started leaking after about 3 months after i bought the car.

PS. The girl i bought the car from is HOT.She looked so hot unscrewing her licence plate in the hot summer sun sweating.She looked so much like that girl from YTV Sugah Baby(Stephanie Beard).

Hookecho
03-07-2007, 08:54 PM
well welcome to c-tech sir! watch out for the man.

Colossus20v
03-07-2007, 09:01 PM
welcome and stop speeding. Its not worth it.

evolution
03-07-2007, 09:07 PM
welcome and stop speeding. Its not worth it.

150 km/h on the QE is not speeding, it's going with the flow :hehe:

Cavanagh
03-08-2007, 01:56 AM
Yay! A Black Celica! Whats up?

andy
03-08-2007, 02:43 AM
welcome!

grayscale
03-08-2007, 03:32 AM
Good buy, we're glad you made it. Now go get us some pics of that girl!

liplip
03-08-2007, 04:21 AM
Good buy, we're glad you made it. Now go get us some pics of that girl!

I wish i could.I think i still have her phone #.When i met her face to face, she asked me if i was going to supe up the car.I told her not right now since i'm broke.lol.With all the receipt in the glove compartment, i found a speeding ticket she had.

Ricksta
03-08-2007, 04:33 AM
I usually go 110 in the highway.

do not speed unless you have the means of escape...

I had a 93 gts all leather interior the works. loved that car to death untill i got blindsided by a minor and she was gone forever. those 5sfe's will last you forever lemme tell ya. That was the first car i bought with my own money as well and the douche bags sold me a car with a blown headgasket. But i'll be damned if that stopped me from driving it. i drove that car for a year with a blown headgasket. Celica, built to last... :bigthumbu

Cavanagh
03-08-2007, 04:46 AM

Coming from the dude who went "197MPH".....nice advice,

celicatrd93
03-08-2007, 05:12 AM
welcome.

Ricksta
03-08-2007, 05:17 AM
Coming from the dude who went "197MPH".....nice advice,
like i said means of escape... :laugh:

1990CelicaGT-S
03-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Welcome, nice buy. Could you explain to me what you did to lower the ticket?

liplip
03-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Welcome, nice buy. Could you explain to me what you did to lower the ticket?

When i went to the court to take the option of going to trial, they gave me an option to talk to a prosecutor to see if a deal can be arranged before proceeding to the court phase.I talked to the prosecutor and told him i'm not trying to get out of the speeding ticket, i'm just asking for a lower fine because i am a poor college student.He lowered the speed from 130 to 115 and said no demerit points and that the fine would be $60.....so i took it.

Other provinces might have other options such as pleading guilty with an explanation.Justice of the Peace are 99% lenient, he/she will usually lower the fine/charge if you ask....as long as you're not a habitual speeder and have been in court a few times.

KotahGTS
03-10-2007, 08:00 PM
welcome to ctech!

TEAMFaint
03-11-2007, 03:34 AM

You do know that QE is in Canada correct? Its Km/h not MPH.

Primary Highway Speed limits are 110 Km/h in Canada. Every old granny, man, woman, and child, drives about 130 Km/h on the Number 1 Highway. You will hardly get pulled over unless driving like an ass.