PDA

View Full Version : Ricksta MR2 Project

Ricksta
03-07-2007, 04:22 AM
Well the celica should be gone and hauled off to the junkyard within the next few days which will allow me to concentrate a little more time on the mr2. I know im waisting my time taking parts from this car because i know you cheap fuckers wont buy anything but o well you know where they are if you truley need them.

Anywho the motor is out and ive got the garaged cleaned up a bit so im feelin pretty good. But theres so much shit to be done im glad i'll be taking my time on this. As i was sitting there thinking while taking a good look at the motor i realized that while its out i should cam and forge her out. This is really over my budget and i know this will take me awhile but there is no telling how harsh darren was on this motor. I dont want to start daily driving this motor to come to find out something really bad was wrong with it and I've got to pull it again... Darren told me he took 3 years to do this car or some bullshit like that, if that was true why is half my fucking bolts missing?!?! :luvydunno I took the tranny off yesterday to notice only half the designated bolts were actually there, what a lazy fuck... :slap: This car was so halfassed im surprised it didnt fall apart.

Lucky me my moms bf owns a shop and i can get parts at wholesale prices. So the plan is to bore out the sleeves to 20 over, if not a little bit smaller. 20 over 99.999% of the time will relinquish any scratched or damaged surfaces. I was talking to jon today (Mister2t) and he said i should balance the bottom end, its a good idea...He looked it up for me and from what i see on average its about 200 bucks to do so. Thats not all that bad and the more i read up on it the more i see its well worth it. Everythings going to get a good cleaning and when done im never buying another car for many many years, and when i do Ricksta is going to enter the big block world. There were a few things i noticed which id like some advice on.

I noticed some shaft play in the turbo, i hear sometimes thats normal and when the turbo begins to spool up it works itself out. 2ksnakater told me that he heard greddy is known to have a little shaft play but i have precision so question is....is this bad? see video

http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=4323qxd

i dont know if you can notice but there is a small bit of roughness on the edges as well, some a tad bit jagged but not too serious.
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/2/4/8/2/CarPix060.jpg
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/2/4/8/2/CarPix059.jpg

heres some pics before i get it on the engine stand tomorro
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/2/4/8/2/CarPix056.jpg
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/2/4/8/2/CarPix057.jpg

As you can see my exhaust manifold is in pretty bad shape. Im going to get it cleaned up and have it ceramic coated inside and out to prevent the rust from coming back like this and on other parts as well.
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/2/4/8/2/CarPix058.jpg

the long thin black wire is part of the safc2. Problem is its spliced right into my engine wiring harness and this cluster fuck of wires is going to be a bitch to sort through. May need some help on this.
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/2/4/8/2/CarPix054.jpg
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/2/4/8/2/CarPix055.jpg

That is all i have for now but im going to use this thread to show my progress on the mr2. When all is done and said this car will put out some really good numbers and will be everything i have ever wanted out of a car.

Cavanagh
03-07-2007, 04:37 AM
So when do you plan to have the 2 running by?

Sean
03-07-2007, 04:39 AM
Sure, we'll want to help you after you call us cheap fuckers.

Ricksta
03-07-2007, 04:40 AM
So when do you plan to have the 2 running by?

Not sure, could be a few months. In a couple of weeks though i'll be driving halfway to pittsburg to pick up my tranny, mounts and axels from burnyd. after that i'll tapped out on cash for a few weeks. just slowly get stuff done after that.

Ricksta
03-07-2007, 04:41 AM
Sure, we'll want to help you after you call us cheap fuckers.
:laugh: just some friendly constructive critisizm :bigthumbu

w/o my stuff selling completing this project will take a lot longer.

Azzazzyn
03-07-2007, 04:53 AM
dood, your shit won't fly off the shelf, give it time and you could easily make 2-3 grand in parts off the celi

Murgatroy
03-07-2007, 04:57 AM
So in the end, you have a rather expensive engine.

I would try selling the shell, after all there is a little bit of work involved in how it looks now, except for the whole broke nosepiece thing.

Are the doors power? If not, I might be interested in the passenger door and fender. And corner light. What about the AT hood?

Ricksta
03-07-2007, 05:09 AM
So in the end, you have a rather expensive engine.

I would try selling the shell, after all there is a little bit of work involved in how it looks now, except for the whole broke nosepiece thing.

Are the doors power? If not, I might be interested in the passenger door and fender. And corner light. What about the AT hood?

i tried selling it as a shell but to be honest the tampa area is not really into celica's. Its a bunch of ricers speeding around yelling "VTECH!!" out the window. plus it having a salvage title doesnt help either. the car is stripped aside from the rear brake assembly and dash. There is no going back to selling it as a shell...

the passenger door is in great shape and has power windows/locks. the at hood is damaged beyong repair :(. and i dunno if you want a fender full of bondo if i could even get it off but if so you have a deal.

Murgatroy
03-07-2007, 05:12 AM
Bah, I am not interested in the door if it is power.

Rear discs?

Is the fender reshaped by bondo (as in warped and filled) or just molded from the body kit. If it is just molded from the kit it will knock down back to stock shape in a matter of minutes with a file. I have lots of body work experience.

Playfortoday
03-07-2007, 02:28 PM
I had no idea you were trying to sell anything. Put a link in your sig so people can find your stuff.

2kSnakEater
03-07-2007, 02:49 PM
I said Garret turbos are know to have normal shaft play, I dont even think Greddy makes turbos.

T-spoon
03-07-2007, 02:56 PM
I just have to say, I think you have unreasonable expectations for a modified car. If you think you're going to rebuild and upgrade the bottom end, polish the manifold and have a daily driver that is guaranteed never to break, it's a pipe dream. You WILL break things, no matter how much better you feel you're doing it than Darren. This is not to try to put you down, just be realistic about it.

Cavanagh
03-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Are you kidding? Go check out http://www.greddy.com/products/?Category=turbo

burnyd
03-07-2007, 03:03 PM
once again dont listen to 2snakeater.

good luck with the car

2kSnakEater
03-07-2007, 04:20 PM
ok, so Greddy makes a Turobo. Woopty freaking do! It still doesnt change that I said garret.

burnyd
03-07-2007, 05:53 PM
once again dont listen to 2snakeater..

VikingJZ
03-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Do you have an AT gauge cluster?

evolution
03-07-2007, 06:19 PM
hard to tell in the video, but do the blades touch the housing when you check them for shaft play?

that looks like excessive shaft play, i think the spec on the toyota ct26 is 2 mil, it would be hard to even check that much play by hand

call up precision and ask them what the shaft play spec is on that turbo, i'm sure they'd be happy to give you that info

Sean
03-07-2007, 07:18 PM
I said Garret turbos are know to have normal shaft play, I dont even think Greddy makes turbos.

LOL :wtf:

Garrett makes the CT-26.

They also make the T3/T04E 54 trim I'm running. With no shaft play.

burnyd
03-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Sean you are going to have mad shaft play!!!!! And I am talking about your turbo btw...

Trance4c
03-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Red wire with the green wire yo.. everything else should be good :smokin:

Colossus20v
03-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Do you have an AT gauge cluster?
i do still....

zmile06
03-07-2007, 09:12 PM
The mr2 is known to be reliable under alot of horse power... If you push it to the very limit ya you run the chance of blowing the engine up. But the mr2 is really good at taking a beating.

As for your celica if its a coupe i would be very intrested in the rear license plate panel and rear bumper.

Sorry bolts are missing, that is bull shit though. On important parts you cant be missing ANY BOLTS. I will admit after changing a head gasket on a taurus i had a bucket full of bolts left. But it was a ford taurus and none of the bolts were holding on parts. Most of them were bs bolts not really needed.

Anyways, i would buy some headers for the mr2 and not put the manifold on. But its your choice.

Trance4c
03-07-2007, 09:49 PM
The mr2 is known to be reliable under alot of horse power... If you push it to the very limit ya you run the chance of blowing the engine up. But the mr2 is really good at taking a beating.

As for your celica if its a coupe i would be very intrested in the rear license plate panel and rear bumper.

Sorry bolts are missing, that is bull shit though. On important parts you cant be missing ANY BOLTS. I will admit after changing a head gasket on a taurus i had a bucket full of bolts left. But it was a ford taurus and none of the bolts were holding on parts. Most of them were bs bolts not really needed.

Anyways, i would buy some headers for the mr2 and not put the manifold on. But its your choice.

header is not equal to = turbo

T-spoon
03-07-2007, 10:03 PM

It's not about blowing up the engine, but things will break reguardless. And what are you talking about headers? That manifold looks like a manifold. They get ugly over time.. all that heat and stuff. It's not the factory manifold, either.

burnyd
03-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Yes I want Headers for my Inline FOUR Turbo car!

alltracman78
03-07-2007, 11:43 PM
As i was sitting there thinking while taking a good look at the motor i realized that while its out i should ... forge her out.
All I'm going to tell you right now is

3SGTEs come STOCK with forged pistons/rods/crank. ;)
Same goes for the 5SFE.

So all you meatheads running around yelling for forgies and forged stuff, you already have it.

With that said
You can get BETTER rods/pistons that are also forged.
And balancing/blueprinting [wouldn't recommend you personally do that] is a very good idea.

T-spoon
03-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Hey Burny:

FORGIES FORGIES FORGIES FORGIES FORGIES

Ricksta
03-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Hey Burny:

FORGIES FORGIES FORGIES FORGIES FORGIES
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ricksta
03-07-2007, 11:50 PM
All I'm going to tell you right now is

3SGTEs come STOCK with forged pistons/rods/crank. ;)
Same goes for the 5SFE.

So all you meatheads running around yelling for forgies and forged stuff, you already have it.

With that said
You can get BETTER rods/pistons that are also forged.
And balancing/blueprinting [wouldn't recommend you do that] is a very good idea.

yes they are forged but are good up untill 400hp. i want more durable forged internals that can withstand more hp. also im going to be doing machine work so i need new ones anyways. why dont you recomend balancing/blueprinting? do i need to blueprint?

=cJ=
03-07-2007, 11:51 PM
If you have the cash, blueprinting's meant to be made up of equal parts godlike and win. If you have the cash/time and someone who can do it...

Trance4c
03-09-2007, 12:45 AM
Worry about getting it going first, being solid and running right before ANYTHING else Ricksta. A nice clean car is ALWAYS better than any fast hunk of junk that makes you feel like your going to die in it or fall apart at speed.

Take your time most of all. This swap can be done and your in a great position to make it something nice, again.. take time with it. DON'T short cut man.. I don't care if its torquing a bolt, or getting the right tool for the right job, you just do it.

/only serious motivational speech I'll ever give you

Playfortoday
03-09-2007, 01:05 AM
A nice clean car is ALWAYS better than any fast hunk of junk that makes you feel like your going to die in it or fall apart at speed.

I triy to stay out of the thing between rick and darren, but this is pretty much a description of what rick got. I say the pics and heard what was missing/bad. It was a nice looking fast car that was not safe or sound at any real speed.

Ricksta
03-09-2007, 02:16 AM
Worry about getting it going first, being solid and running right before ANYTHING else Ricksta. A nice clean car is ALWAYS better than any fast hunk of junk that makes you feel like your going to die in it or fall apart at speed.

Take your time most of all. This swap can be done and your in a great position to make it something nice, again.. take time with it. DON'T short cut man.. I don't care if its torquing a bolt, or getting the right tool for the right job, you just do it.

/only serious motivational speech I'll ever give you

I want this car to be perfect, i am not in a hurry i have all the power i need in my bike so this project is going to be a nice hobby. Im going to have to go to toyota and get some bolts thats for sure but other then that its going to be well put together. I've never half assed anything so i wouldnt start here since this is going to be my go fast car. Im most likely going to keep the st as well just in case i have a long distance drive of some sort, im not going to want to put the mr2 through that.

Ive done my research and ive ordered everything i needed to get this motor into the mr2. Some parts are in and others on the way.

My MR2 tripple gauge pod came today and a couple of days ago my MR2 fuel line and alternator bracket came in as well. Still a few more things on the way i'll be sure to post up when thier here.
http://i19.tinypic.com/2z7l5df.jpg
http://i15.tinypic.com/4hs877l.jpg
http://i17.tinypic.com/2ryhe7n.jpg

once kotahgts comes down with my tranny, mounts, and axels from burnidizzle i'll have everything needed to swap the motor but first im going to the machine shop and having some work done. If i find that there is no damage to the cylinders i'll most likely keep the stock rods and pistons unless i find out that they wont hold the hp. I've been shopping around and ats camshafts and gears seem to be the best way to go with this motor but still trying to decide whether or not i should go 264 or 272. New headgaskets are going in as well and everything resealed. Im having the engine bay painted within the next few weeks, im just not sure if i should paint the whole car while im at it or just that for now. That is the plan thus far...

MuscleOwnzRice
03-09-2007, 05:24 PM
handle the hp? are they plastic?

alltracman78
03-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Yes.
They're chrome moly cast plastic.
Good up to 50000000 hp.....

Ricksta
03-09-2007, 10:10 PM
handle the hp? are they plastic?
stock pistons and rods are good up untill 400hp...if i go over then i dont see them handling the hp...

T-spoon
03-09-2007, 10:17 PM
stock pistons and rods are good up untill 400hp...if i go over then i dont see them handling the hp...

Well, they may handle it, depending on a ton of other factors, but yes, the risks of breaking things increase at a certain point. 400 HP in an MR2 is pretty damn fast though. I don't think it would disappoint you even at 350whp.

2kSnakEater
03-09-2007, 10:29 PM
also think longevity, stock pistons are good until 400hp then they fail right? so how long will they be good for at 350? they might not fail right away but after a few months of 90% capacity they can go.

Im thinking I might upgrade my pistons while im at it.

2kSnakEater
03-09-2007, 10:30 PM
T-Spoon is right though, you got to think weight-hp. My stock hp on the Trans Am is 320ish and it makes it move pretty good. On an MR2 aka high powered skateboard, thats flying low!

Ricksta
03-10-2007, 12:15 AM
also think longevity, stock pistons are good until 400hp then they fail right? so how long will they be good for at 350? they might not fail right away but after a few months of 90% capacity they can go.

Im thinking I might upgrade my pistons while im at it.

I'll let you know when i find a local machine shop thats worthy to work on our 3sgte's. but your 200hp alltrac is in no need of an upgrade aside from a nice turbo. Your going to be daily driving the alltrac, not to mention your internals are already forged to a certain degree. Your motor isnt going to be working hard enough to need any major upgrades. I'd take the money you were going to use to upgrade the alltrac and use it to cam out your t/a. I'm pretty positive your single cam right? It wont be that expensive to do.

2kSnakEater
03-10-2007, 12:18 AM
yeah, a single cam change in the T/A could get my into the low 12s maybe even in the 11s but I would also have to change the springs witch would require I take the heads off. Tons of work and I will eventualy do that. I wouldnt mind getting into the 300hp range in the Trac since it would even out the weight.

Ricksta
03-19-2007, 04:11 PM
well i have changed my mind. I thought work was going to go good for me for another month so id have enough cash to do this internal project but work is not permitting me to do so. The new plan is here.

rebuild turbo
new clutch
lightweight crankpulley
new tranny
W2A IC
paint

untill later in life when i can save up like 4 g's and buy everything i need and do the machine work all at once now that i realize the expense that it costs just to upgrade one part you must upgrade a ton others...FUCK YOU VALVE SYSTEM BITCH!!! anywho...that is all for now.

2kSnakEater
03-19-2007, 04:40 PM
so your not going to touch the engine? I wouldnt since the sticker on the engine shows the timing belt has been changed.

Ricksta
03-19-2007, 08:14 PM
im still debating if i want to put these on still... i need some of the gaskets already but it wouldnt hurt to replace some of these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-95-TOYOTA-CELICA-MR2-TURBO-HEAD-GASKET-SET-3SGTE-L_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33667QQitemZ170090884 264QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

grayscale
03-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Don't use those ones. Those are some of the biggest p.o.s. on eBay.

NDMstang65
03-19-2007, 08:33 PM
I wouldnt even THINK about putting one of those cheap ass gasket sets off of ebay on one of those engines.

Your just asking for trouble imo.

Cavanagh
03-19-2007, 09:11 PM
If i ever put together a car, i would never use bootleg ebay parts.

Ricksta
03-19-2007, 09:37 PM
anyone know where i can get a kit like that, thats not cheapo?

T-spoon
03-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Never ceases to amaze me that with people around that can get the OEM parts for decent prices people would want to look at Ebay. :eek: :laugh:

Ricksta
03-19-2007, 09:53 PM
so whos gonna get me these good prices on oem stuff?!?!?

T-spoon
03-19-2007, 09:57 PM

Well, Toyota_Todd and myself still work in Toyota parts departments, feel free to call or PM either of us whenever you need OEM parts.

Colossus20v
03-19-2007, 11:28 PM

Champion Toyota (Jay Marks) Parts Department
David G. / www.toyotaworld.com
Retail and Internet Sales
800-327-2087

Ricksta
03-25-2007, 12:22 AM
running kind of dry on money lately but so far progress goes as follows:

the engine lid has been primered and prep for paint, the vents on the lid are going to be spray chromed. I think its going to look pretty badass.
http://i9.tinypic.com/49h7t79.jpg
the timing cover has been trimmed down to show off the ats cam gears i'll be getting soon and primered and being preped for spray chrome along with the fuel rail and valve cover which i forgot to take a picture of. if your not familiar with spray chrome here is the distributer my uncle gets his materials from. basically it allows you to chrome anything and everything. he also can do marbel effects which is pretty nifty.
http://www.alsacorp.com/generic/chrome/chrome.html
http://i7.tinypic.com/2rgjsdd.jpg
http://i7.tinypic.com/403xjwy.jpg

I drove to daytona today to meet up with burnidizzles buddy who brought my rebuilt mr2 tranny down from pittsburg. So now i have most of the essientials and the list of things i need to do is getting shorter and shorter...
http://i10.tinypic.com/2lv0j9x.jpg

Ricksta
03-25-2007, 12:42 AM
also...my alan bolt set came in for the valve cover, i was wondering why they charged so much for shipping untill i saw the box it came in. they even were nice enough to bubble wrap my bolts for me. mt buggies you are fucking retarded.
http://i3.tinypic.com/4ihccau.jpg
http://i13.tinypic.com/30ws4u0.jpg

Ricksta
04-04-2007, 08:25 PM
it took a can of oven cleaner and hours and hours of scrubbing with a wire brush but this bish is finally clean and ready for paint! im going dark grey btw on the paint. i didnt want to paint the block black with the car being black itself. plus if anything ever leaks it'll be easier for me to spot this way.
http://i13.tinypic.com/4bpwxkx.jpg

Mister2T
04-05-2007, 03:47 AM
nice, my block is gray as well :)

Ricksta
04-05-2007, 04:05 AM
i am pondering on getting a crank scraper. :)

Trance4c
04-05-2007, 04:46 AM
Get it running first man.. even if that means as stock as possible for turbo, fuel.. etc. Get it in, get it going, get comfortable with it, maintain it, then go from there. Don't spend money where it doesn't need to be spent, but spend it on good quality parts, and OEM good pieces, and good work! Then go to modding and upping the boost, etc. Take it in steps. There are a lot of people out there that have people build cars and throw money around, but when its yourself, just trust me. It takes time, proving itself to you before you drive it hard etc. Just meeting the quality of Toyota after you put it together at stock levels is impressive for an individual with no formal automotive knowledge. Give yourself time, just keep those things in mind.

1990CelicaGT-S
04-05-2007, 04:49 AM
Well Rick, it seems like a nice build. You should post some pictures of the car though. Attention to detail is the best thing someone can have when building a car.

Ricksta
04-05-2007, 11:54 AM
the motor was in the celica so im pretty positive it runs :) just wanna go around and reseal everything and get some new gaskets for this bad boy. the crank scraper is a good idea and the guys shop who does it is maybe 20 minutes from my house. i dont see why i couldnt do it, the motor should benifit greatly from it. heres the thread on crank scrapers.
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17169

also about upping the boost, id like to run 18psi on pump gas and be able to drive daily on it...i mite just be able to do that with the w2a ic. with my ats cam gears and a few other mods im hoping for 330 at 16 psi.

1990CelicaGT-S
04-05-2007, 01:11 PM
The scraper would be a good idea. Are there any more numbers on thier website or has anybody here used one?

vip09
04-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Cell phone pics FTL!

Ricksta
04-05-2007, 05:39 PM
The scraper would be a good idea. Are there any more numbers on thier website or has anybody here used one?

im not sure. the guy has his email on there but the thread i showed has a lot of useful info about the product.

Ricksta
04-06-2007, 01:56 AM
ran into an issue tonight...looks like i'll be taking this apart whether i wanted to or not...
http://i5.tinypic.com/2h4xi0o.jpg

grayscale
04-06-2007, 02:43 AM
Dude, crankscrappers are an industry scam. Sure, they're great for guys pushing the edge of power limitations squeezing every drop they can, but parasitic loss is the last thing you need to be worried about right now. Just a waste of money at this point unless you are building this motor to the absolute max from the start.

Ricksta
04-06-2007, 02:46 AM
Dude, crankscrappers are an industry scam. Sure, they're great for guys pushing the edge of power limitations squeezing every drop they can, but parasitic loss is the last thing you need to be worried about right now. Just a waste of money at this point unless you are building this motor to the absolute max from the start.
well since im going to spending more then i intended now im not going with a crank scraper due to the fact i really just dont want to spend the money on it.

grayscale
04-06-2007, 02:53 AM
Got any idea what that pitting is from?

Ricksta
04-06-2007, 03:14 AM
im not sure...but its not as bad as it seems. i had my moms bf take a look at it and he sais that when he hones the cyclinders for me he'll sand those pits down for me and it will be good as new.

2kSnakEater
04-06-2007, 03:42 AM
wtf? thats some weird little divets.

Playfortoday
04-06-2007, 03:44 AM
this is bad. your mom's BF, who has a horrible record with you and you cars has no way of knowing what damage it there just by analyzing pits. It could be much bigger than that, especially with the history of the car.

Ricksta
04-06-2007, 04:34 AM
this is bad. your mom's BF, who has a horrible record with you and you cars has no way of knowing what damage it there just by analyzing pits. It could be much bigger than that, especially with the history of the car.
no its my uncle who has the horrible record. my moms bf is the one who owns the custom hot rod shop. not sure what i want to do just yet. he said whatever it was it mite have shot through the exhaust or something like that.

Playfortoday
04-06-2007, 04:48 AM
might, might, might... you need to have that whole thing checked out by a professional, and by that, I mean disassemble. Sure, you don't have to do it, but if you want piece of mind and not to have to possibly crack it back open, you do it right. The pits may just be the surface of the damage.

grayscale
04-06-2007, 04:57 AM
...crack...
Good word, cause if he thinks something may have "shot out the exhaust or something" what else might it have done?

Ricksta
04-06-2007, 05:00 AM
might, might, might... you need to have that whole thing checked out by a professional, and by that, I mean disassemble. Sure, you don't have to do it, but if you want piece of mind and not to have to possibly crack it back open, you do it right. The pits may just be the surface of the damage.

after i get everything sanded down and the surface damage taken care of i'll have it apart to make sure theres nothing internally wrong. i want this motor to last for a couple of years till i do some heavy duty hp mods in the future.

Kevin Johnson
04-17-2007, 03:02 PM

Dude, :slap:

Crank scrapers are so common in stock OEM engines it isn't funny. So now sound engineering is an industry scam? :rolleyes:

Look at the 1ZZ and 2ZZ blocks -- tuned expansion chambers with counter-rotating horizontal bay to bay breathing. That's stock engineering for windage control and the 2ZZ has scraper louvers in its windage tray. :slap:

BTW, guys, LC Engineering just started carrying our parts for the 22R.

Kevin Johnson
04-17-2007, 03:11 PM
well since im going to spending more then i intended now im not going with a crank scraper due to the fact i really just dont want to spend the money on it.

I will give you a steel one at no charge, since it's an industry scam and all. :sneak:

2kSnakEater
04-17-2007, 04:47 PM
I will give you a steel one at no charge, since it's an industry scam and all. :sneak:

send him 2, I would like to investigate this "scam" :sneak:

Kevin Johnson
04-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Hey Ricksta,

I had your scraper waterjet cut yesterday -- need a shipping address. Check your hotmail.

2kSnakEater is next in line if you don't need it (it is a steel 3sgte pattern).

Kind regards,

Kevin

Murgatroy
04-18-2007, 04:20 PM
I love this guy.

Have you thought about sponsoring the board Kevin? You bring a lot of common sense and knowlege to the table.

Kevin Johnson
04-18-2007, 04:35 PM
I love this guy.

Have you thought about sponsoring the board Kevin? You bring a lot of common sense and knowlege to the table.

I will contact Bill Strong -- sister site? He has used our scrapers before. What I would really like is to find a distributor who sponsors the site and work through them.

Playfortoday
04-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Hey Kevin,

We own the site. We are just friends with Bill and the mr2oc. You will see that he links to us too.

Luni is physical owner here and general all around awesome dude to foot the bill for this place. I kind of run the joint with a lot of help and we all donate to help Luni out. We would be glad to have you join our sponsor team.

Now, if I read correctly above... If I call your product I waste and worthless, I will get a free scraper? Well, Kevin, your product is utter shit and a waste of time! (May I please, please, please have my free crank scraper and windage tray now? :hehe: )

Thanks again for following this thread. We all all looking forward to whatever else you may come up with. :bigthumbu

Murgatroy
04-18-2007, 06:23 PM
As much as we all love Ricksta and Snackeater, no offense guys, I think if a free part for a testimonial where to go out, it should be to someone who has created a monster. Lagos, Sean or 1sloceli would be my first pics, these guys regularly abuse thier cars and they are already heavily modified.

Playfortoday
04-18-2007, 06:42 PM
As much as we all love Ricksta and Snackeater, no offense guys, I think if a free part for a testimonial where to go out, it should be to someone who has created a monster. Lagos, Sean or 1sloceli would be my first pics, these guys regularly abuse thier cars and they are already heavily modified.

Kevin, I agree with murg. Sent it to someone on this site that has a working car that is pushing envelops. No offense meant to these guys either.

VikingJZ
04-18-2007, 07:04 PM
If you have engine apart...do it right.

Buy new pistons and everything else. If it sets you back, buy a beater to commute with until you get this motor built.

Just like Play said, you'll get a better piece of mind knowing it's been thoroughly inspected.

2kSnakEater
04-18-2007, 07:10 PM
My 3sgte will be forged and fully tested ;) I will be just as fast as my Trans Am in the All-Trac.

I am willing to write a product analysis on this "scraper" if it helps any.

Kevin Johnson
04-18-2007, 07:26 PM
I will write more later -- just wanted to let you guys know I read the posts. Lot of scrapers need to be shipped today.

Kevin Johnson
04-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Kevin, I agree with murg. Sent it to someone on this site that has a working car that is pushing envelops. No offense meant to these guys either.

There isn't any testamonial required -- honestly. I could be doing many things with my life and I certainly wouldn't be spending it making parts that don't do anything. Just being honest.

This industry conspiracy thing -- wow, just really out there. C'mon -- it is cited technology in modern GM patents. It is considered assumed backgound knowledge for professional engineers.

I just posted a new kit for 1ZZ and 2ZZ owners on eBay. An easy way to check and adjust the depth of the pickup for $25. People really are blowing up their engines when they exceed the 1G design limit of the wetsump. It cost more than $25 of my time just to write and upload the ad to ebay and my website much less make the parts and collect the other bits -- no takers yet. Oh well!

Kevin Johnson
04-21-2007, 04:54 PM
My 3sgte will be forged and fully tested ;) I will be just as fast as my Trans Am in the All-Trac.

I am willing to write a product analysis on this "scraper" if it helps any.

Send me your shipping address -- you were next in line. Haven't heard anything from Rick.

Playfortoday
04-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Send me your shipping address -- you were next in line. Haven't heard anything from Rick.

So unfair!:(

Playfortoday
04-21-2007, 05:24 PM
I just posted a new kit for 1ZZ and 2ZZ owners on eBay. An easy way to check and adjust the depth of the pickup for $25. People really are blowing up their engines when they exceed the 1G design limit of the wetsump. It cost more than $25 of my time just to write and upload the ad to ebay and my website much less make the parts and collect the other bits -- no takers yet. Oh well!

Well this is justa damn shame. They are dumb for not getting in on it, especially in a car basically built for autocross.

extremeskillz
04-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Does the crank scraper for the 3sgte work for the guys with 5sfte as well?

Just thought i throw that out for the 5sfte owners!

Kevin Johnson
04-22-2007, 01:57 AM
Does the crank scraper for the 3sgte work for the guys with 5sfte as well?

Just thought i throw that out for the 5sfte owners!

There is a different pattern for the 5S -- the swept path of the rotating assembly is a bit different. They look very similar, though.

alltracman78
04-22-2007, 02:31 AM
You might want to look into making one.
There are numerous FWD and MR2 guys running 5S cranks/blocks with the GTE head. Or just 5S cranks in the 3S block.
And a bunch of 5SFTE guys.

Shit, I'm in on this too. :D

My engine will be coming apart soon. I hope.
Gotta fix #3.

Ricksta
04-23-2007, 11:52 AM
wow i had no idea this thread went as far as it did. i just got the email yesterday and its a few days old because i havent been checking my mail lately or posting much either. this is pretty damn cool.

Ricksta
04-23-2007, 11:53 AM
im running over 300 hp, lagos and sean are still using a ct26 are you kidding me?!?!?!

Colossus20v
04-23-2007, 02:13 PM
im running over 300 hp, lagos and sean are still using a ct26 are you kidding me?!?!?!
I dont think Sean is on a ct26 anymore.

Mister2T
04-23-2007, 02:41 PM
neither are running ct26s, i think lagos has a ct27 (i could be wrong and sorry if I am) but i know sean isnt running a ct26.

alltracman78
04-23-2007, 02:46 PM
That's ok, neither am I. :D

Ricksta
04-23-2007, 10:13 PM
neither are running ct26s, i think lagos has a ct27 (i could be wrong and sorry if I am) but i know sean isnt running a ct26.
seriously what good is a ct27? the fact that murg went out of his way knowingly i have one of the more high hp motors on this site and said sean and lagos are more modded is fucking rediculous. can you just be happy for me?!?!?

Playfortoday
04-24-2007, 01:30 AM
Dude, you have fuel, a couple piggie backs and a bigger turbo... that is hardly more modded.

PhillyDRFT
04-24-2007, 01:52 AM
seriously what good is a ct27? the fact that murg went out of his way knowingly i have one of the more high hp motors on this site and said sean and lagos are more modded is fucking rediculous. can you just be happy for me?!?!?

but didn't you buy it that way?

it's no use squabbling over the topic of a free part for R&D sake. It's more or less to help out with testing not just "Hey give rick free shit"

Ricksta
04-24-2007, 04:39 AM
Dude, you have fuel, a couple piggie backs and a bigger turbo... that is hardly more modded.
you dont know what is gonna be done to it before its going in the mr2 now do you?!?!?

Playfortoday
04-24-2007, 01:45 PM
All I am saying is that if you are talking about right now, and you were, most of us vets have you outmodded 5 to 1. I have a shit load of mods, but because one of them is not a big turbo, the rest seem to not count. I built the car with ever upgrade and safeguard with the goal of going with a big turbo. I am a set of injector, and fpr, and an ems away now. Home stretch baby. Would have been done years ago, had I not had my car blow up every time I turned the fucking key.:hehe:

I know you are going to do your build right. What I am saying is that Darren built that car cheaply and inefficiently to get as fast as possible. It was not built to last more than a few dozen runs as you learned when you tore into it. Bottom line is that anyone on here can run Darren's numbers with injectors, a boost controller, an s-afc, and a huge turbo. It is simple. There was no masterful tuning there. The key is that you want to reach those numbers consistently and fairly reliably. The 3sgte is very expensive to build reliably for big numbers.

grayscale
04-24-2007, 03:07 PM
All I'm saying is, you shouldn't worry about what others are saying cause yo shizzles still in pieces.

Ricksta
04-24-2007, 08:44 PM
All I am saying is that if you are talking about right now, and you were, most of us vets have you outmodded 5 to 1. I have a shit load of mods, but because one of them is not a big turbo, the rest seem to not count. I built the car with ever upgrade and safeguard with the goal of going with a big turbo. I am a set of injector, and fpr, and an ems away now. Home stretch baby. Would have been done years ago, had I not had my car blow up every time I turned the fucking key.:hehe:

I know you are going to do your build right. What I am saying is that Darren built that car cheaply and inefficiently to get as fast as possible. It was not built to last more than a few dozen runs as you learned when you tore into it. Bottom line is that anyone on here can run Darren's numbers with injectors, a boost controller, an s-afc, and a huge turbo. It is simple. There was no masterful tuning there. The key is that you want to reach those numbers consistently and fairly reliably. The 3sgte is very expensive to build reliably for big numbers.
what kind of ems are you running?!?!?

btw the crank scraper came in today :)

the edges on this thing are razor sharp. pretty nifty lookin part.

extremeskillz
04-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Glad you got your free part. ^pics please.

Hookecho
04-24-2007, 09:33 PM
it was really cool of kevin to send you that scraper as a gift. he didn't have to do that. whether or not you have the same amount of knowledge in building, tuning, and maintaining a vehicle is beside the point. you got a well designed piece of technology for free and that's cool shit!

2kSnakEater
04-24-2007, 09:54 PM
go Ricky!!

burnyd
04-24-2007, 10:13 PM

aaheeeemmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

burnyd
04-24-2007, 10:16 PM
i cant believe your going to send it to ricksta.... rick honestly no offense here..... but I dont know how creditable you are to even getting this thing to run. Its better to send it to someone who has a serious build going on here...I meen seans the perfect person yet I dont know if hes too busy to work on his car or not.. I wouldnt mind Im running a ct20b with a ton of boost and basicly pushing a stock 2nd gen 3sgte motor on a all stock JDM motor.. but I wouldnt mind testing it out for free.

Colossus20v
04-24-2007, 11:44 PM
i cant believe your going to send it to ricksta.... rick honestly no offense here..... but I dont know how creditable you are to even getting this thing to run. Its better to send it to someone who has a serious build going on here...I meen seans the perfect person yet I dont know if hes too busy to work on his car or not.. I wouldnt mind Im running a ct20b with a ton of boost and basicly pushing a stock 2nd gen 3sgte motor on a all stock JDM motor.. but I wouldnt mind testing it out for free.
YOu'd have to be able to drive the car to test it....hehe. :wiggle:

Ricksta
04-25-2007, 01:00 AM
burnidizzle dont let your jealousy get the best of you. your just mad that im going to be puttin out more numbers then you. its ok man im that shoulder you can cry on ;)

Trance4c
04-25-2007, 01:41 AM
Burndy.. if you can do it, Ricksta can do it

:hehe:

BEAMS
04-25-2007, 01:47 AM
Yeah what he said. :lolhittin

Sean
04-25-2007, 03:10 AM
I'm glad I left this thread on the 1st page.

2kSnakEater
04-25-2007, 03:14 AM
Damm, this thread has turned into a swamp, cause there be allihaters all over the place.

grayscale
04-25-2007, 03:28 AM
I'm glad I left this thread on the 1st page.
Yea, seems to have turned into a bunch of bench racing bs, a few guys talking about what they think they're gonna do.

Hookecho
04-26-2007, 07:41 PM
Burndy.. if you can do it, Ricksta can do it

:hehe:

:owned: