PDA

View Full Version : 90 Celica parked for a year is it okay to drive?

smartegyptian
03-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Battery is dead I guess Iíll buy a new one since I have no idea how good the current one is now but is there is anything else I need to check before I drive it?
Thanks

Colossus20v
03-07-2007, 01:38 AM
I would change the oil, and let it run for a while before even driving it. Maybe throw in some fuel injector cleaner/fuel system also add in new gas.

smartegyptian
03-07-2007, 02:00 AM
Change the oil before I start it? Is it possible to jump the battery or I have to replace it?
Thanks

grayscale
03-07-2007, 03:25 AM
It's better if you can get a battery charger to slow charge it. Has it been sitting inside or out? You might also want to pour some fresh gas in the tank and add some of that stuff(can't remember what it's called) that displaces water in your fuel, just in case.

Murgatroy
03-07-2007, 05:09 AM
Change the oil.

Remove your plug wires and crank the engine to prime it.

Check your tires for dry rot.

Add some octane boost to your gas, it will break down over time and be next to worthless.

Make sure you battery is full of distilled water and it should be fine once it is charged.

You should be able to jump it off with no problem, but take the mentioned precautions so you don't toast your engine.

zmile06
03-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Ya all of the above:)

Put in some fuel stabalizer, exactly that not injector cleaner or anything fuel stabalizer.

Change the oil, put new fuel in it...

You have probable worn the tires funny from sitting so long, so you might get a strange clunking sound.

Playfortoday
03-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Did you just get out of jail? :wiggle:

grayscale
03-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Did you just get out of jail? :wiggle:
:lolhittin