PDA

View Full Version : Want to know about Gas?

KoreanJoey
03-06-2007, 07:22 PM
http://www.gglotus.org/ggtech/gasoctane/gasoctane.htm

A neat read about some of the attributes about gasoline and also some of the pros and cons about octane boosters and also Race Gas and AV Gas.

Check it out.

grayscale
03-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Interesting info, but kinda old and outdated. Ethanol IS the new "octane booster"/"addative" whatever you want to call it. It can be found in the form of 98pump gas. Some areas actually label the 98octane(or more) with the ethanol amoutn, although I can't remember how this is indicated, it's something like K11 or some such...Just watched an hour long show on it on Discovery.

KoreanJoey
03-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Interesting info, but kinda old and outdated. Ethanol IS the new "octane booster"/"addative" whatever you want to call it. It can be found in the form of 98pump gas. Some areas actually label the 98octane(or more) with the ethanol amoutn, although I can't remember how this is indicated, it's something like K11 or some such...Just watched an hour long show on it on Discovery.

I don't know how old the info is but for me the main point was reading the different pros and cons of the different additives. Pretty neat stuff.