PDA

View Full Version : fuel rail

Ricksta
03-03-2007, 02:39 AM
im going to be boring out my fuel rail and i was wondering if there was some specific size i should use?!?

alltracman78
03-03-2007, 02:46 AM
Are you kidding?

What makes you think you can do this correctly?

*I'm not pickin on you, I'm being serious.
I've got a pretty good idea of your mechanical progression, and I don't see you ready to do this....
Especially as you don't know how large to do it.
And why?*

Ricksta
03-03-2007, 02:54 AM
cant be too hard. and why not? i saw punisher did it awhile back and i thought it would be neato to do :)

Sean
03-03-2007, 03:03 AM
lol, go to a full inch

Ricksta
03-03-2007, 03:10 AM
lol, go to a full inch

isnt that the full width of the rail?!?! you fuckin with me? im askin for serious advice here.

Sean
03-03-2007, 03:19 AM
Please dont burn down your mr2

2kSnakEater
03-03-2007, 04:42 AM
buy the ATS fuel rail thats made bigger than stock, I dont even have the tools to correctly bore out a fuel rail.

burnyd
03-03-2007, 04:52 AM
buy the ATS fuel rail thats made bigger than stock, I dont even have the tools to correctly bore out a fuel rail.

lol.......this is where your going to screw up listening to chris.. dont let chris touch your car.

I am going to bore out mine.. the one from my spare motor.. ill take pics..

Ricksta
03-03-2007, 05:01 AM
i have access to my moms bf's custom car shop and anything in it :hehe:

2kSnakEater
03-03-2007, 05:21 AM
well if BurnyDizzle is going to do it then wait until he takes pics and shows you a step by step procedure and go that route

Ricksta
03-03-2007, 06:09 AM
why? we could just pm punisher he did it im sure he could tell us how to do it

Sean
03-03-2007, 10:36 AM
You can tell Steve I said this. Steve also pounded on his 5th gear with a hammer LOL. Because you have no clue whats involved in installing 5th gear you probalby wont understand that, but basically it means this. Just because they built Galloping Girdy (the old Tacoma Narrows Bridge that went tumbling into the sea because they dont realize WIND has an affect on bridges) doesn't mean they have a clue on how to build a bridge.

Its your fuel rail, do what you want with it. I and others highly reccomend that you just spend the 200 dollars on a new fuel rail if you feel you need to upgrade it. Its a fire hazard, dont risk it. To many mr2's have caught on fire because of fuel.

Sean
03-03-2007, 10:37 AM
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/1/2/tacomanarrowsbridge.jpg

:hehe:

grayscale
03-03-2007, 12:36 PM
I've never bored out a fuel rail before, but I do a lot of machining and I see very few people with the necessary equipment to precisely bore out anything properly. I'm not baggin on anyone's skills, but to properly bore things out you really ned a mill, a set of fluted reamers, and some very good setup equipment. Trying to use drill bits, grinding/sanding drums, etc is a very bad idea especially when tolerances must be held. If you have access to machines and machinists, just get one of them to do it for you or, honestly, it wouldn't cost much to pay some one to do it. However, if Sean and the other guys say it's a hazard even when done properly then I would just leave it alone. I know I'm still a noob here, but I thought I might be of some help on this subject.

Ricksta
03-03-2007, 04:10 PM
alright sean, you have convinced me to hold off on the fuel rail upgrade.