PDA

View Full Version : Water getting into passenger compartment

jburner21
01-30-2005, 11:50 PM
OK... I have a problem with my 91 gt. Whenever it rains, the floor on the passenger side of my ride gets saturated with water. I don't know if it's comin in from behind the dashboard, or if it's comin in from behind the pillar by way of the loose rubber seals around my passenger side window....

Either way, I haven't been able to see the problem and can't see anyway that the water would bet behind the trim, but I've considered this an option because of the fact that one day it rainned, and my passenger side sunvisor (and the ceiling above it) was drenched and was dripping on my female passenger whenever I brought the car to a stop (which was quite embarrassing...). But if anyone has some feedback or insights, I'd be greatly appreciative if you would share them....

AllOutRed90
01-31-2005, 02:56 AM
sunroof seal>?

85gtsblackman
01-31-2005, 03:21 AM
i had the same problems but it was during rainy/hurricane season and i went though a massive puddle that covered both lanes at 50 mph and water came up to the doors and leaked in the bottom

other problem i had the window trim seals had gone bad and was letting water in, this is probally your problem

slvrblt
01-31-2005, 04:02 AM
check the rear drain holes for the sun roof that are back in the roof, one of them may have a leaf or something blocking the hole.

jburner21
02-01-2005, 12:02 AM
"other problem i had the window trim seals had gone bad and was letting water in, this is probally your problem"

I believe that this is infact the problem. How would I go about fixing this, or would I have to take it to a dealer?

SilverCel
02-01-2005, 06:23 AM
You can use that clear glue stuff. the name slips my mind. if you open your door and press on the rubber seal - i was able to make water squirt out of the bottom part. use the glue stuff and reseal it.

Hooligan
02-01-2005, 04:01 PM
You can always try to reproduce the problem with a hose. That should help narrow down your problem.

whtcelionteins
02-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Its that upper/inner door rubber, the one the window seals upon. Easy fix? Buy new weatherstripping. From Dealer only!

alltracman78
02-04-2005, 09:24 PM
If you can see the water coming down the window on the inside, it would probably be the door seal, but from what you're describing [wet headliner] it sounds like the sunroof [you do have one, right?].
Either the drain holes are clogged, or the drain tubes are.
If you pull out the pass side kick panel, and the relay box, you will see the hose through the hole. Run some water over the car and see if it drains.

jburner21
02-05-2005, 12:39 AM
If you can see the water coming down the window on the inside, it would probably be the door seal, but from what you're describing [wet headliner] it sounds like the sunroof [you do have one, right?].
Either the drain holes are clogged, or the drain tubes are.
If you pull out the pass side kick panel, and the relay box, you will see the hose through the hole. Run some water over the car and see if it drains.

hmm... sounds interesting, but I'm not sure if it's the sunroof...

I'll be checkin it out some time this weekend and I should be able to check the passenger side kick panel, so we'll see what turns out...

tim93coupe
02-07-2005, 03:10 AM
i don't have even have a sunroof and i notice that sometimes it's damp on the passenger side of my car also.. hmm..

Rayme
02-07-2005, 10:15 PM
pull up your carpet and see you might have a rust problem ?