PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Clean Autdry car wash thing

grayscale
03-02-2007, 03:26 AM
Forgot to mention it this past weekend, but I picked up a Mr. Clean Autodry Prokit from Wally-Mart for $9 on clearence and used it this weekend. It works great! Not so much on the whole auotdry part (which is sorta the point I guess) but it's great to have a sprayer and soap etc. all in one, no more buckets. The water filter was nice, water was very soft, and the soap seemed pretty good too, although even better is the fact that you fill a small reservoir with the soap, so you don't have to use theirs. Actually the spot free/soft water part did come in handy on the windows, shiney and clean without a single spot.

hyoctane
03-02-2007, 12:43 PM
I picked one up when they first came out like three years ago... I love the soft water portion -- but I just cant get myself to let the car dry in the sun by itself, it's almost against all that I beleive in! It does work, but I notice that the soap seems to strip a little wax? I don't know... I'd rather have an RODi unit w/ 10-15 gallong tank to wash my car to have NO water spots...

$9 is a good deal, but the filters are $6 a pop -- and if you have hard water, you'll replace them more often than what the box says.

Hookecho
03-02-2007, 12:57 PM
i've been wanting to get one of those for years now. just never thought about it. it's on my wife's shopping list now. gonna give it a try on her car.