PDA

View Full Version : Sea Foam Problems? Or Not?

jgcox6
03-01-2007, 03:53 PM
I just did the seam foam treatment,, I have a 92 ST with 202k miles and didnt want to take a chance of putting it in my crankcase...thinking it might cause an oil leak. So I put 1 bottle in the tank, 1 bottle through the Brake booster vaccum line. Of course the best part was the smoking so badly that I couldn't see the back of my car. It was hilarious...I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Anyway...I found fresh oil on the driveway...The question is..since I didn't put it in the crankcase,,,it shouldn't have broken loose any deposits that would cause an oil leak would it? I am not engine smart... It was dark outside so really didn't get a good look at where it was coming from. But it was on the belt side of the engine. What do you guys think?

andy
03-01-2007, 06:14 PM
The seafoam wouldnt make anything leak, unless you put it in the crankcase. I like doing it to my cars too, the smoke generated is alot of fun.:hehe: Are you sure it was oil? It could have been some spilt seafoam. Also how much oil? penny size?

4thgenceli
03-01-2007, 06:16 PM
I've done the seafoam too. I ran it thru the gas tank and thru the intake. If you ran it thru the intake (which I'm assuming you did because of the smoke), then yes you could of removed some deposits holding back oil.

aballz
03-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Does anyone have a picture of the hood with the vacuum line that you guys put the seafoam through? I just went to autozone the other day and bought some but the engine area i'm not too familiar with. Thanks!

jgcox6
03-02-2007, 02:14 PM
I disconnected the vacuum line that goes from the Brake booster (the black disc looking thing behind the master cylinder) to the to of the engine. Just trace it back from the booster to the engine. I disconnected the disc side of the hose and slowly stuck it in the sea foam. It took me 2 bottles before is was almost no smoke...2 different times that is.

jgcox6
03-02-2007, 02:16 PM
The weird thing is,,I haven't found the oil leaking since!??? So I guess that is a good thing.

jgcox6
03-02-2007, 02:17 PM
The seafoam wouldnt make anything leak, unless you put it in the crankcase. I like doing it to my cars too, the smoke generated is alot of fun.:hehe: Are you sure it was oil? It could have been some spilt seafoam. Also how much oil? penny size?

I would say it was more like the bottom of the sea foam can size... but no sign of it leaking like that since...???

VikingJZ
03-03-2007, 11:25 PM
It CAN make stuff leak in the crankcase. It eats certain seals as well, but only if you keep it inside too long.