PDA

View Full Version : good deal?

DarkSideCelica
03-01-2007, 06:23 AM
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pts/284005892.html

how much would a head be, and how much to rebuild tht block?

Murgatroy
03-01-2007, 08:09 AM
If you are planning a swap based upon a short block.

No.

If you need an extra engine for your already 3SGTE equiped vehicle, you could find all the parts and rebuild it for $1000. Highside.

Hookecho
03-01-2007, 12:57 PM
leave it be.

Berg
03-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 3S-GTE was never installed from the factory in a 1986 Celica. The only engines the cars came with at that point were the 2S-E (GT) and the 3S-GE (GT-S). Also, its a little hard to see in the pictures but it doesn't look like the oil supply and return pipes for the turbo are there (correct me if I'm wrong, but I only see the dipstick tube). I guess what I'm trying to say is that I believe that that is a 3S-GE and not a 3S-GTE. I wouldn't bother with that engine. You can get far more complete ready to rebuild engines from the local pick and pull.

Cheers,
Berg

Cavanagh
03-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 3S-GTE was never installed from the factory in a 1986 Celica. The only engines the cars came with at that point were the 2S-E (GT) and the 3S-GE (GT-S). Also, its a little hard to see in the pictures but it doesn't look like the oil supply and return pipes for the turbo are there (correct me if I'm wrong, but I only see the dipstick tube). I guess what I'm trying to say is that I believe that that is a 3S-GE and not a 3S-GTE. I wouldn't bother with that engine. You can get far more complete ready to rebuild engines from the local pick and pull.

Cheers,
Berg
You are correct. I was thinking the same thing, alltrac 3sgtes were only made at the beginning of 88'.