PDA

View Full Version : seafoamed my car today ☼clips inside☼...

insomnak8702
02-28-2007, 08:06 AM
i seafoamed my car today...
thought i shared how it looked after
having it settled in the car for 20 mins...
car has 235xxx miles on it. didn't have much
carbon coming out as i thought it would...

.:the car:.
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/misc.php?do=downloadfile&i=6135
.:start-up:.
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/misc.php?do=downloadfile&i=6136
.:6-7k revs:.
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/misc.php?do=downloadfile&i=6137
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/misc.php?do=downloadfile&i=6138

yeah it was a noticeable difference in performance/gas mileage.
I recommend seafoam to everyone :bigthumbu

Shadowlife25
02-28-2007, 08:19 AM
Dude, your videos are upside-down.
Anyhow, why don't you do a write-up of exactly what you did ( how much sea-foam, how long it sat, where you put it in the car, whether or not your car has cats, what plugs and oil you used after you used the sea-foam) etc...

Just thought I'd mention the stuff above, because I have done this before on rotary engines with great results. Only thing is that I did it with MMO and I let it sit for 24 hours. Then I started the engine up and let it warm up fully. Afterwards a new set of plugs and an oil change were necessary to get it fully flushed out of the system. Most plugs will foul out using this stuff so you might want to check yours. Also, this process is NOT at all friendly to vehicles that still have the factory catalytic converter installed. It WILL fry the factory cat. Just FYI. Keep us posted on this, I'm interested also in whether or not your celi is a turbo or not. Thanks.

insomnak8702
02-28-2007, 08:48 AM
thanks for the quick reply. that's odd, the videos seem normal on my laptop. yeah i pour 1/3 of it into my gas tank and the rest into the vacuum hose. i'll have a pic of what im talking about in the morning. as for the plugs i put in some new bosch platinum sparks and for oil i went with castrol gtx 10w-30. so far no problem has arise. the cat and everything seems normal. i hope there's no carbon build up. i have a 4-2-1 header and 2.5 piping. as for turbo, it's not. i hope it was. i just have the cs bumper and all-trac hood for looks. im planning to go n/a so a silvertop 4age will be in the works hopefully in the near future. hope colosssus20v can answer all my questions when tat time comes :hehe:...

grayscale
02-28-2007, 09:08 AM
...i put in some new bosch platinum sparks...
:nono:

grayscale
02-28-2007, 09:10 AM
Your car needs a bath after that! :D

Hookecho
02-28-2007, 01:05 PM
yay seafoam!

zmile06
02-28-2007, 01:11 PM
I had way less then that on my 5th gen that had 140k on the engine.

90celicaGTX
03-01-2007, 04:59 AM
i did it on my 3sgte, worked great...smokin like no other. scared at first didnt wanna damage da turbo...have the stock cat on too, well atleast half of it,

pour 1\4 in via vac. lines or gas tank.
if ur doin vac. start car, pull vac. pour, "temp. forgot, i think one of them leadin to intake man."

turn off, sit for 5 min,... then drive and watch smoke come out....
in simple terms....

some rag on seafoam, sayin it to harsh, it fucks ur shit....

it fucks ur shit up in a good way... its like 7 up for ur car...

clean n crisp

bobbyboy987
03-01-2007, 07:47 AM
those vids were great, plus that exhaust sounds awesome
when you put seafoam through the gas and vac line do you have to change plugs afterwards or is it just recommended?

EDIT: i just read shadowlife25's comment on seafoam frying the stock cat. is this true? what everyone's experience with this?

thanks

Shadowlife25
03-01-2007, 08:03 AM
This is not something that happens every time, but it is something to be aware of. Really depends on the method in which it is introduced into the system, and the duration of time it takes to burn it off. It is more likely with a higher concentration over a longer period of time.

Tell you what though, works like a charm for freeing up a hydro-locked engine :wiggle:
Though ATF works better in the case of hydro-lock.

andy
03-01-2007, 06:21 PM
^+1 for atf hydrolock fix

Shadowlife25
03-01-2007, 06:27 PM
^^ :woot:

insomnak8702
03-03-2007, 03:00 PM
:nono:

haha what's wrong with bosch sparks?

those vids were great, plus that exhaust sounds awesome
when you put seafoam through the gas and vac line do you have to change plugs afterwards or is it just recommended?

EDIT: i just read shadowlife25's comment on seafoam frying the stock cat. is this true? what everyone's experience with this?

thanks

thanks. i like my exhaust too :hehe:
about changing the plugs, i guess it's recommended but i know some people who don't change em and still driving around right now with no problems. as for the catylac being fried, i guess it's a possibility but i haven't heard anyone having this problem. Nor have i had this problem as of yet.

PhillyDRFT
03-03-2007, 07:01 PM
From my experience Bosh doesn't agree well with toyota's or most Nissans... probly something in the design but they feel rougher and crap out sooner,

grayscale
03-03-2007, 08:37 PM
^Like he said. Bunch of threads here with this discussion in it. Not like it's gonna make your motor blow up or anything, just one of the worst to use, especially if you fall for one of their super-quintuple-platinum-spacerock-makelotsofmoneysellingthese-designs.

PhillyDRFT
03-04-2007, 05:31 AM
nothing beats a nice set of copper NGK's.

btw, how did you let it sit if you fed it through the vac line? every time I do that it starts burning imediately.

2kSnakEater
03-04-2007, 05:52 AM
the Quad tip sucks, I tried it on my 87 Iroc and that motor ran better with the .99 Ac Delco than those stupid $4 plugs.

VikingJZ
03-04-2007, 05:57 AM
And even ACDelco stuff can be complete pieces of shit too.

Kind of like the cars that they're designed for. :D

grayscale
03-04-2007, 08:30 AM
the Quad tip sucks, I tried it on my 87 Iroc and that motor ran better with the .99 Ac Delco than those stupid $4 plugs.
$.99 plug for a $.99 car :hehe:

mtp_69_i
03-05-2007, 07:49 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

(pauses for breath)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

KoreanJoey
03-05-2007, 09:38 AM
nothing beats a nice set of copper NGK's.

Sure something does, OEM platinums. :) hurray Gen 3!

andy
03-06-2007, 03:15 AM

:Ban1: :lolhittin