PDA

View Full Version : 6th gen ST202 main headlight swap out problem

looneykeycode
02-26-2007, 09:27 PM
How on earth do you get the main highbeam headlamp unit out of celica. i assume the entire front of the car has to come off. Umpty thousand screws later I still can't get the front off to get the inner headlam unit out. It won't push through into the engine bay. Why is it so bloomin difficult?

On an unrealted topic I have an ST202 2.0 GT 94 6th Gen. What engine is likely to be in this model?

WEhy are there no decent bits on EBAY?

96celica
03-19-2007, 07:46 PM
no decent bits on ebay cause nothing is made for performance...well performance and 6gc don't really go together lol

to get the headlight out

a) open hood
b) unbolt top bumper bolts (running RIGHT on top)
c) 3 bumper bolts PER SIDE are inside the fenders, you will have to remove your wheel well plastics/push them aside to get to all 3
d) give a nice lil tug and the bumper comes off (there MIGHT be a few lil bits inside the lower center opening on the top side so look)
e) 2 bolts on top 1 bolt on the bottom PER headlight (high beam)...i think low beam is 2 top 2 bottom

looneykeycode
04-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Just found this thanks for the advice.

You can't tell me where the thermostat is on an ST202 94 2.0 litre GT can you.

I'm not entirely sure which engine I've got on a bog standard 94 GT 6th Generation

thanks

96celica
04-11-2007, 08:58 PM
2.0 Liter GT is a 5sfe motor....but i can't tell u were the Tstat is since i came from an ST

Luis C
04-12-2007, 02:10 AM
2.0 Liter GT is a 5sfe motor....but i can't tell u were the Tstat is since i came from an ST

No... 5S-FE would be a 2.2 lt engine. If you have a 2.0 lt engine then you are probably looking at a 3S-FE or a 3S-GE depending on where you bought the car. The t-stat is located on the left hand side of the engine near the exhaust mani. where the rad hose connects to

looneykeycode
04-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the response gents.

OK so before I saw your response I decided to take the housing off at the engine end of the top rad hose. the housing has 3 sensors, 3 bolts and is shaped lke a piece of scaffolding pole. Guess what no Thermostat behind the housing. Hmmm. No I have read your message and I'm interpreting it as the stat must be at the other side of the engine behind the housing connecting the bottom rad hose to the engine. How am I doing?

The engine number starts '3S' so is it a 3S GTE or a 3S GSE. I have only one cooling fan and no turbo I think its a UK spec car and its badged up as a 20.0 GT 1994 with a plate inside the engine bay listing the model as ST202R...

its driving me nuts trying to work out which engine and model I've got cos the rest of you experts just talk in alpha numeric code

Help :Ban1:

96celica
04-12-2007, 11:30 PM
UK spec then yes you will have a 3sge more than likely.
take a pic!

but still can't help u on placement :(