PDA

View Full Version : Autocross.

supra97
02-26-2007, 06:15 PM
One of these days I would like to get into it. We have a track right here at home in Mission and there is a whole club for it and stuff. I have been interested in doing some form of racing for years and this seems like it would be my thing.

I'm taking a few months and some cash to modify the Celica I have, as well as do some aesthetic modifications.

What modifications do you folks recommend for doing some light autocross? Nothing major please, no overhauls and stuff...just the basics.

I wouldn't know where to start.

KoreanJoey
02-26-2007, 07:09 PM
One of these days I would like to get into it. We have a track right here at home in Mission and there is a whole club for it and stuff. I have been interested in doing some form of racing for years and this seems like it would be my thing.

I'm taking a few months and some cash to modify the Celica I have, as well as do some aesthetic modifications.

What modifications do you folks recommend for doing some light autocross? Nothing major please, no overhauls and stuff...just the basics.

I wouldn't know where to start.

Firstly there is an entire forum for this. But as to what you should get. Tires is always the biggest one. Suspension bits after that, depending on how much you want to spend you can get Koni Yellows to beef up your shocks or you can get a rear sway bar. Brakes are always a good investment also.

grip addict
02-27-2007, 04:20 PM
if you are serious about competing, then the best mods you can do are the ones that will keep you in the stock class.
http://www.scca.com/Solo/Index.asp?IdS=04BCD8-274A7B0&x=050|070&~=

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/eggbeater59/untitled-1.jpg

supra97
02-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Well to reply to KoreanJoey: the information in the Autocross forum didn't help me because a) some of the useful links don't work for me and b) the forum seems quite dead and not frequented, I thought I would get more of a response from here.

To respond to grip addict: that website is handy but I'm in Canada and I don't know if the rules and regs are different here. I suppose as far as mods go it's about the same though. I appreciate your help guys.