PDA

View Full Version : 91 St wont start

mar_phi6
02-25-2007, 05:28 PM
After putting a new steering column it doesnt start after two months of not running . Okay the first thing i notice is that that when i put it on acc position the radio doesnt work or power on nor does the lights in the instrumental panel light up like the oil / batt/ etc. the only thing that lights up is the door and airbag . When i put it on the ON position i hear a fast or steady ticking noise from the engine. I also found out that there is a relay or box next to the intake manifold if i unplug it and try to put it on ON position i dont hear anything. Ill try to put a pic of what im talking about . ANy suggestion ?

burnyd
02-25-2007, 06:01 PM
oh you and me both today wtf!

mar_phi6
02-26-2007, 01:46 AM
do u guys know where the starter relay or starter is located at? Also the engine doesnt crack at all

Hookecho
02-26-2007, 02:35 AM
does the battery have a good charge on it?

TheNefariousOne
02-26-2007, 02:40 AM
The starter is on the back side (the intake side of the transmission/engine. The starter relay is inside the passenger kick panel.

mar_phi6
02-26-2007, 02:58 AM
yeah i charge the battery overnight and i even bought a new battery. WHen i get a chance to work on the car again i will check the starter relay and the starter

mar_phi6
03-01-2007, 06:12 PM
here a pic of what im talking about if i disconnect it it wont make a ticking noise

andy
03-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Um, weird. So nothing turns on at all? I would check the grounds really good, make sure the one going to the engine is in good shape, also the one that runs to the body.

mar_phi6
03-01-2007, 06:33 PM
okay well im gonna buy an ignition switch just in case and when i go back to vegas and check everything out carefully again.

NDMstang65
03-01-2007, 06:38 PM
You need to take your fuse box apart, i went through this when i put the 1st engine into the ST..

If i recall correctly there are some screws in the bottom of the fuse box that actually hold the fuses in there. Take it apart and take one fuse out at a time and check with a digital volt-ohm meter (Including the big round ones in the fuse box). If you get any kind of resistance in the fuses/relays in the box then there is your problem.