PDA

View Full Version : Tune up tips?

zmile06
02-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Ok well im just asking for general tips for tune ups, what spark plugs work teh best? NGK, BOSCH etc? Wires same thing, what brake pads do you use? I use ceramics but thinking about switching brands.

List everything you replace on a MAJOR tune up, im about due for one in the next 20k miles maybe less. I heard you are supose to replace the PCV Breather Filter, ive never even done that lol.

DarkSideCelica
02-23-2007, 10:34 PM
BOSCH ignition product is a no no for japanese cars... stick with NGK or Denso if possible

JasonX
02-24-2007, 07:57 AM
Make sure your belts are good. You wouldn't want your timing belt to go out while driving. You suppose to change it every 60-75K. might as well change your water pump too if your getting your timing belt replaced.

Hookecho
02-24-2007, 02:34 PM
plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, air filter, distributor cap, rotor button, and worn belts. the plug wires last a long time so changing them out with every tune up is not necessary. plus they're like $60. but if you do change them go with ngk or maybe omnispark.

grayscale
02-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Make sure you get that dialectric greas to go on your sparkplug/plugwire ends so they don't seize together. Busted two of my hundred somethin dollar plugs like that. Also run a can of Seafoam thru the motor every so often.

radscoot
03-13-2007, 12:21 AM
Ok I'm jumpin in here, what's Seafoam???

grayscale
03-13-2007, 02:00 AM
It's an engine cleaner. Get it at your local parts store, even saw it at Walmart once-
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/5/3/3/2/seafoam.jpg

jgcox6
03-13-2007, 10:50 AM
It's an engine cleaner. Get it at your local parts store, even saw it at Walmart once-
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/5/3/3/2/seafoam.jpg

This stuff is awesome...treated all 5 of my vehicles...even put it in my boat...It's hiliarious to watch if you have a car that has 60k miles or more and didn't use synthetic oil....it will smoke like the world is on fire! It definetly increases the performance/running of the vehicle.