PDA

View Full Version : went to the junkyard today

andy
02-23-2007, 01:59 AM
and got some sweeeeeet parts for my phat ride. Picked up a very good condition a piller. 2 full fog lights with brackets. and the trim and air con controls . All for 30 bucks :hehe: RoxxoR!

Any of you guys need anything off a 5th gen gt or st there are 3 of them out there. Ill be going back tommorw to steal more stuff. Soooo Now or neva!

DarkSideCelica
02-23-2007, 02:05 AM
junkyard = good stuff... i picked up a 2000 camry exhaust manifold last week for $50 :D

andy
02-23-2007, 02:16 AM
theres a few of those out there.

92CelicaST
02-23-2007, 02:37 AM
could you price a Driver side fender Please and red if you can but if not thats fine. im looking for prices and i cant find any at all

grayscale
02-23-2007, 03:22 AM
Shoot me a price on a 92-93 driverside taillight (liftback). Might even be able to pick it up. Tanx!

andy
02-23-2007, 03:38 AM
There all coupes :( And there is a red one out there with the fenders on it. Ill shoot a pic of it tommorw. The price on the fender from the junkyard is 27.99.

toyotaguy90
02-23-2007, 03:56 AM
Hey do any of them have a driver side door panel in good shape i could really use one of those. oh its grey with power etc. thanx

VikingJZ
02-23-2007, 04:07 AM
Those Camry manifolds are hard to get from the 1997-2002 model. Same goes for the fog lights off of a Celica. Most are wrecked in the front.

TheNefariousOne
02-23-2007, 04:29 AM
PASSENGER FENDER!!! God, I've been looking for one all over and everyone I've found is either A. more than I want to spend or B. damaged.

Toyota symbol from the hood if you can get it off
Shift boot if it's in decent condition
Clip that holds center console/armrest closed

Umm, think that's it...

Thanks if you can get the stuff, and if not, thanks anyways for trying. :D

zmile06
02-23-2007, 07:37 AM
See if they have a rear license plate panel and rear bumper skin in white for a coupe.

grayscale
02-23-2007, 09:27 AM
There all coupes...
poupes :yupnope:

92CelicaST
02-23-2007, 12:13 PM
There all coupes :( And there is a red one out there with the fenders on it. Ill shoot a pic of it tommorw. The price on the fender from the junkyard is 27.99.

ok thats great also could you check into a deck lid With or without spoiler.

Thanks i might buy the fender

andy
02-23-2007, 06:02 PM
there is one of those also. Im not sure how your gonna get this stuff, shipping on it would be kinda insane. Probley offsetting the cost of a new one. You could drive down here and pick it up. But theyll be there for 4 months soooooo, ill snap some pics. and try to get my hands on the smaller things.

TheNefariousOne
02-23-2007, 06:13 PM
The fender shouldn't be too bad I don't think. It's not overly big or overly heavy. Let me know.

T-spoon
02-23-2007, 06:38 PM
The fender shouldn't be too bad I don't think. It's not overly big or overly heavy. Let me know.

Wrong, sadly. If you don't want the fender mangled in transit, you're probably looking at 70-100 to ship it. You can ship it much cheaper if all you do is put it in a cardboard box that it barely fits into (still probably about 30-40) but odds of it being crunched would be high.

I ship this kind of thing every day, costs can be suprising.

TheNefariousOne
02-23-2007, 07:58 PM
That is ghey...is it the size that bumps the price up so much?

92CelicaST
02-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Ok what would be shipping to 28716 for just the fender.

if i can ill get it ill pay the shipping if your willing to do that

but pics would be nice when you get them ill let you know.

only about 7-8 hours away from you

zmile06
02-23-2007, 08:54 PM
See if they have a rear license plate panel and rear bumper skin in white for a coupe.
Still want these parts if there in white lemmie know, maybe you can get the junkyard to ship them they might have experince doing so.

And i work at FedEx and we get bumpers and stuff shipped ALL the time, if its just a bendable bumper cover like the rear 5th gen i would just put it in some bubble wrap and ship it.

If its a fender or something that cannot bend period, i would put it in a sturdy box. Big boxes get crushed easier if they are empty, i would just get an extreamly tough box. We usualy get fenders and stuff shipped inside form fitting boxes but the boxes are extreamly thick compared to other boxes. So i would suggest getting a thick box or maybe double boxing.

Marking glass all over it will help also, i would also write this end up, and for the kicker make up a temapture you want it stored at. If you do all this you are more likely to recive the item un-damaged.

Also do not use DHL, they throw there stuff in giant piles LITERALY. UPS usualy loses the item some times damages it. USPS is good, or if you got the money FedEx but they are more expensive then most. I have never seen a damaged car part come thru fedex before, and we get everything from CV axels to body kits.

85gtsblackman
02-23-2007, 11:41 PM
they got any 3rd gens out there

andy
02-24-2007, 03:34 AM
nope, had a few about 6 months ago, i got the rearend out of one. There is one celica supra but its an 85 with IRS. Im holding out for the SRA one.