PDA

View Full Version : Name this part and win! (no, not really)

Melchior
02-22-2007, 05:00 AM
.... That's right, name this part and then i'll be able to replace it on my car! (great prize, huh?)
:D

I can't find it in the EPC, and I've tried searching every name i can think of. It's the bracket that the headlight motor mounts onto. The bracket itself then mounts onto the headlight assembly. Or maybe it's part of the headlight assembly... Ah hell i don't know. Anyway, I need a new one for the drivers side.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=398397755&size=o

Dan_Q
02-22-2007, 05:09 AM
its one of them "bit wot holds da lamp motor ons" isnt it????

no idea of its real name :(

Hookecho
02-22-2007, 05:15 AM
it's part of the assembly. i don't remember but isn't it spot welded together?

Melchior
02-22-2007, 05:52 AM
it's part of the assembly. i don't remember but isn't it spot welded together?

Well considering i'm holding it in my hand right now, I really doubt it. Unless the spot welding robot took the day off when my car was made. Was just two bolts holding it on

Hookecho
02-22-2007, 06:17 AM
wow! so you actually went through the trouble of holding it in your hand while posting.:ghey:

anyway, thanks for answering my question. :)

MCcelica
02-22-2007, 06:30 AM
No, it's not spot welded on. Simple sockets will get it off. What I'd try doing is going into a toyota dealership parts department. They will (at least try to) be able to give you a diagram of components for each part and you can probably identify it from their little computer screen map. I know which one that is though because I've yanked off a couple before.

grayscale
02-22-2007, 07:41 AM
Why would you want to pay a new price for it? I'm sure you've thought junkyard already, but if that's not an option for you, you might be able to get the whole assembly on here or eBay for cheaper. Put a post in the wtb forum with the pic, you'll probably get one real quick. CanadianCelicaGT is parting out a complete car right now.

Melchior
02-22-2007, 10:29 PM
I've been looking for a drivers side assembly for a while now, and the reason i posted about this part is I can't get a conclusive answer about weather or not that bracket comes with it. Plus, a new assembly picked up locally is cheaper than ordering one of ebay, for the two i've seen. It's not a light peice to have shipped.

grayscale
02-22-2007, 10:39 PM
It's not a light peice to have shipped.
Tell 'em to take the headlight out of it.
But like I said, post a pic of it in the buy/sell area and you'll probably find one.

T-spoon
02-22-2007, 11:50 PM
Price for a new one is only 15.56 (our sale price). That bracket does come by itself. They're backordered, take about 3-7 days to get one. Part number is 54112-20030 for the left side. (if you're looking at an EPC, it should show them with the grille along with the other headlight surround stuff).

Ah, I see you don't want one, just want to know if it comes with the assembly, and the answer is.. sure, if wherever you buy a used assembly from leaves it on. A new headlight.. no, it wouldn't come with the rest of that.

Melchior
02-23-2007, 02:32 AM
Thanks T-spoon; i actually wanted to buy a new assy, and both myself and the parts counter guy couldn't figure out if it came with. I need the supports for the rest of the headlight anyway (part that peice in question bolts onto that the lamp is housed in) So i'll be ordering both new.

VikingJZ
02-23-2007, 05:03 AM
It's a bracket.

There's a black assembly at the local yard (I think). I could check into it for you. I can't validate that the light bulb is any good though :p

Melchior
02-23-2007, 06:51 AM
I actually don't need the lens, bulb or top cover. All i need is the black plastic surround and this part;
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/183/399518669_23d87f8dde.jpg

Sean
02-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Well considering i'm holding it in my hand right now, I really doubt it. Unless the spot welding robot took the day off when my car was made. Was just two bolts holding it on

:hehe: Reminds me of that superbowl commercial, so funny.

VikingJZ
02-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Had you needed this a few months ago, I could have sold you one from my parts car ST.