PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Thing Ever

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
02-21-2007, 06:40 PM
This has nothing to do with celicas but as a celica owner, i thought this was funny...today after class me and my friends were walkin to my car and i heard a ricer muffler revving and what not...and come to find out, the ricer muffler tip was most definitely on a mustang, it was definitely a first for me because the only exhaust anything i have seen on a mustang is either stock, or the dual straight pipe things that make the mustangs sound like real power mustangs...just thought it was funny and i couldndt just keep it to myself..haha... share any other funny stories yall have like this here if you want, or if you think im just crazy for actually posting this, you can reply with that too..ha....

supra97
02-21-2007, 06:54 PM
Lol, let's make the shitty mustang sound shittier. What a great idea!

I hate the Mustang sound, it's so hollow and fake.

TheNefariousOne
02-21-2007, 07:34 PM
:thumbsdow

Mustangs sound sweet...much better than any 4 banger sounds if you ask me.

hobbie2k
02-21-2007, 07:52 PM
What kind of Mustang was it? There were turbocharged 4 cylinder Mustangs in the mid 80s. They were called SVOs and they had a 2.3L Turbo four that put out 200hp at 5000rpm and 240ft-lb at 3000rpm. If it was an SVO, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it sounded a bit like a ricer exhaust.

Also, there were plain old NA 4 cylinder Mustangs, too...but they were pretty pathetic.

grayscale
02-21-2007, 09:06 PM
That is pretty funny...muffstains...ha! Hate'em. Early 90s foxbodies were the only ones I ever considered.

Hookecho
02-21-2007, 09:22 PM
that's funny! i kinda like the newer mustangs though.

partyball
02-21-2007, 09:44 PM
werent the svos supercharged or is that the thunder birds i am thinking of?

ciento44
02-21-2007, 10:05 PM

Turbo. And actually... there was a thunderbird turbo coupe, too.

Both were awesome cars. I'd rock an SVO Mustang.

Cavanagh
02-21-2007, 10:22 PM
That is pretty funny...muffstains...ha! Hate'em. Early 90s foxbodies were the only ones I ever considered.
You like foxbodies? Ewww...well besides most stangs' IMO look and sound like shit AND EVERYONE HAS THEM.Ford always makes good looking cars, take the foxbodies and probes for instance.:puke: :puke:

CollapsedNut
02-21-2007, 10:28 PM
I can usuall tell when a mustang is commin cause they all sound the same and I have seen a 4banger riced out stang and i laughed alot at them i tihnk i even pee my pants a lil

ciento44
02-21-2007, 10:50 PM
You like foxbodies? Ewww...well besides most stangs' IMO look and sound like shit AND EVERYONE HAS THEM.Ford always makes good looking cars, take the foxbodies and probes for instance.:puke: :puke:

Stfu n00b. I <3 foxbodies. :P

KoreanJoey
02-21-2007, 11:41 PM
:puke:

grayscale
02-22-2007, 04:04 AM
I don't "like" them, just of all the muffstains, it's the only one I liked

hobbie2k
02-22-2007, 04:32 AM

The Mustang SVTs were supercharged, the SVOs were turbocharged.

Cavanagh
02-22-2007, 04:32 AM
LMAO.....i love a bad squared looking 80s cars too. The LXs have a beast 88hp. and i thought my ST WAS SLOW! :laugh:

Hookecho
02-22-2007, 05:01 AM
i had a friend with an old 4 banger mustang. i always wanted to drive it but he was never one to let others drive his car.

Shadowlife25
02-22-2007, 05:07 AM
Thunderbird models came with the option of a turbo or a supercharger. I have worked on both. Not too bad for what they are. That said I am not a lover of the mustang or Fords in general, but if I had my pick I'd go with the early '60s model mustang fastback.
And I don't know if you have noticed, but our beloved Toyota's Scion brand is all about rice. Seen a Scion commercial lately? If not take a look. Not to say that any of the choices they present for their little toaster that could look-alikes are horrible. I just find it amusing that they believe that the "ricey" look is what the "younger" generation want.

Hookecho
02-22-2007, 05:19 AM
I just find it amusing that they believe that the "ricey" look is what the "younger" generation want.

it's sad but true.

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
02-22-2007, 05:26 AM
o the mustang was uh...2000 body style...and it looked pretty shabby, and also to go along with the hilarity if thats a word, he was like revving it like he thought he was cool and had a wicked nasty car for everyone to see....just good stuff from a moron dude at a community college who thinks he is cool...haha made my day...

Hookecho
02-22-2007, 05:40 AM
just another victim of ricer profiling.

KoreanJoey
02-22-2007, 05:41 AM
2000+V6 mustangs make me laugh.

Murgatroy
02-22-2007, 06:24 AM
Early 60's Fastback Mustangs don't exist.

The Fastback Mustang didn't come out until `65 or `66.

The Fox chassis had several facelifts in it's 14 year run. `79-`82, `83-`86 and then `87-`92. The `86 motor is the most desirable because it is the ONLY Ford Roller Motor with a Carb. Unlike Chevy, who put a roller motor in every vehicle made `87 and later, the Mustang was the only car to get a roller motor.

The Fox chassis cars came with the SVO option of a Turbo 2.3 lima engine. These were available in the Fox Mustang and the Fox Thunderbird. The Fairmont, Zephyr, Thunderbird, Cougar, Mustang and Capri are all built on the same chassis. Every part other than body panels is interchangable between these cars. Thus the term Fox Chassis doesn't just mean a Mustang.

The Thunderbird was called a Turbo Coupe or Super Coupe depending on which form of FI it had. The SVO Mustangs were Turbo only.

The newest SVT (there is no SVO anymore) Mustangs (Cobra) are supercharged.

I am sorry, there was a lot of misinformation in this thread, I had to set it straight.

I can build a Fox Chassis car with my eyes closed, the cars are simple, and that is why they are so popular and potent.

Shadowlife25
02-22-2007, 06:35 AM
1: I mis-said that. mid-to-late 60s mustang fastback. I think they're nice lookin'.

2: The Turbo coupe or SC model Thunderbirds were either TURBO charged or SUPER charged. Period. Nothing at all to do with the FI system.

Not trying to rain on anyones parade here, but I have firsthand knowledge of both cars.
Sorry Murg. :)

grayscale
02-22-2007, 07:50 AM
2: The Turbo coupe or SC model Thunderbirds were either TURBO charged or SUPER charged. Period. Nothing at all to do with the FI system.
Sorry Murg. :)
Ha! you guys kill me. Murg meant forced induction, not fuel injection.

Shadowlife25
02-22-2007, 08:01 AM
I am way past my bedtime :duh: . Good call. Murg I apologize. :bowdown:

Murgatroy
02-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Hehe. My first car was an `82 Mustang.

I have owned a few dozen of them.

I still like a Camaro more. :hehe:

I have owned a few dozen of those too.

I just like for folks to have thier ideas straight otherwise it is hard to form an honest opinion.

NDMstang65
02-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Early 60's Fastback Mustangs don't exist.

The Fastback Mustang didn't come out until `65 or `66.

Knows the mustangs...impressed!

The Coupe actually first debuted in june of 1964, so they really call the first production runs the 64 and 1/2 mustang.

First fastback was in '65 :bigthumbu

The turbo coupe t-bird has a retardedly tough block in it. A lot of the dirt track guys who are in the mini stock class run them.

One is sitting in the driveway now with 233,xxx on it..turn the key and keep on driving :D

Cavanagh
02-23-2007, 02:33 AM
i had a friend with an old 4 banger mustang. i always wanted to drive it but he was never one to let others drive his car.
But also wouldnt mind driving your car :squint: