PDA

View Full Version : center console armrest

DarkSideCelica
02-15-2007, 11:33 PM
it's been broken since i got the car... when u lift the armrest up, one of the black "arm" (sorry, but i have no idea what it's called lol) is not installed.... guess the guy didn't want to fix it, so he put it inside the console...

anyways, is tht black arm supposed to go into any railing inside the center console? i'm asking cos the good arm seems to be stuck to something inside the console.... or do i just stick the arm in the hole, connect it to the armrest and call it a day?

i know this sounds confusing, but it's kinda hard to explain it lol thanx!

Colossus20v
02-16-2007, 04:48 AM
probably get more replys in this forum for this.

T-spoon
02-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Hard to tell for sure, but looks like some kind of retainer ring is supposed to hold the arm inside the lid itself. Usually the console just has slots that the arms go into with stoppers at the end of the arm that keeps it from pulling straight up out of the slot.

DarkSideCelica
02-16-2007, 05:28 PM
^^that's what i thought.. but i can't see a damn thing inside the console :(

T-spoon
02-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Are there screws on the bottom of the lid where you can take the plastic panel off? Might be easier to see how it attaches if you do that. Also, something may be broken/missing making it not all fit back together correctly.

DarkSideCelica
02-16-2007, 07:03 PM
guess i'd need to take the whole center console off this weekend... and since i'll be taking stuff off, i have a question abt the automatic gear light... is tht supposed to come on at night? mine has no light whatsoever