PDA

View Full Version : what's up...

powershift5
02-15-2007, 08:27 AM
I'm new here and I like 5th gen celicas,It's nice to have a forum to go to
and I could not find a introduction area. :USA:

KoreanJoey
02-15-2007, 08:38 AM
Awe... Non-GLH.... but wait... it doesn't mean it's not a Non-GLHS ;) anything done to your Omni? I always thought they were a pretty cool car... just wish they held up a little better over time.

Hookecho
02-15-2007, 01:57 PM
welcome!

1990CelicaGT-S
02-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Welcome to the forum.

hyoctane
02-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Welcome -- you'll find this forum to be very addicting...

supra97
02-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Welcome!

You'll find some of us lurking around here most of the day when we're at work, we're C-Tech junkies. I'm still pretty new I probably can't lay claim to that based on my post count, but total hours spent being active in this forum...

Well 8 hours a day times like 5 weeks...that's a lot lol.

I've learned more about my car in this forum than I have in my lifetime, and that's mainly because I'm fairly new to the car world. So, don't expect me to be answering any technical questions unless I do happen to know or I've been there done that :).

hobbie2k
02-15-2007, 06:50 PM
I have a friend who is obsessed with Omnis, his first car in High School was one. He later blew it up racing against my 240SX (I know, I was young and stupid. Clear, dry day, in the country, long visibility, no traffic, no faster than 90). We then started looking for other Omnis and he almost won an Omni Limosuine off eBay... That would have been sweet.

ciento44
02-15-2007, 06:54 PM
There's an Omni running low 11s locally... it's funny stuff, and i want it. :)

Welcome!

Are you looking to buy a celica? Whatcha getting?

andy
02-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Hallo, there fellow car lover, Oh I saw the Wii GT4 commercial today on tv! WOOT!

2kSnakEater
02-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Omghi2u!

powershift5
02-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Thinks guys, this seems cool I'm going to sell my omni and get a 5 gen gt and swap the 3vz in to it. so if any would maybe be down for trading or somethig?..

T-spoon
02-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Thinks guys, this seems cool I'm going to sell my omni and get a 5 gen gt and swap the 3vz in to it. so if any would maybe be down for trading or somethig?..

Why not the 1mz? Do you have a good deal on a 3vz clip already or prefer it for another reason?

And welcome :)

ciento44
02-15-2007, 10:25 PM
I would have bought the omni if this was 2 weeks earlier, if it was in good shape... :(

As for the swap... any particular reason you picked the 3vz out of all the stuff you can fit in one?

powershift5
02-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Awe... Non-GLH.... but wait... it doesn't mean it's not a Non-GLHS ;) anything done to your Omni? I always thought they were a pretty cool car... just wish they held up a little better over time.

I wish it was a GLHS but it's not, I got the car to do a GLH or GLHS swap. and I could not find 5-speed omni. so omni is not 5 speed and it's 1988 the gay'st yr for omni.. :brick: but I made the junkyard turbo kit for 80$. stock 14b turbo wildder and a lot of free stuff it's set for about 4 psi. I'm sorry I can't spell good at all. :(

hobbie2k
02-15-2007, 10:38 PM
I would have bought the omni if this was 2 weeks earlier, if it was in good shape... :(

As for the swap... any particular reason you picked the 3vz out of all the stuff you can fit in one?

I'm wondering about that too...I had a bad experience with a 3vz. It blew up at 88,000 miles. Plus the 1mzfe has a TRD bolt-on supercharger option.

powershift5
02-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Why not the 1mz? Do you have a good deal on a 3vz clip already or prefer it for another reason?

And welcome :)

3vz. Having a larger forged steel crankshaft, and large cast rods, and last of a long time, and I like cast iron block,non intrferyits motor and 1mz's are so I gruess that way.. :D once a gein I can't spell :(

powershift5
02-15-2007, 11:00 PM
I plan to put nitrous on it a 75 shot but one thing at a time I need to get the car for now then swap it.

T-spoon
02-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Hm, I don't think 1mz's are interference, the heads are probably better. I'm sure you can pick up a 3vz cheaper, dunno that there would be much else that's better about it, but that's your choice, it'd be cool either way.

powershift5
02-15-2007, 11:06 PM
Hm, I don't think 1mz's are interference, the heads are probably better. I'm sure you can pick up a 3vz cheaper, dunno that there would be much else that's better about it, but that's your choice, it'd be cool either way.

ya I would be to will see. :bigthumbu

Cavanagh
02-16-2007, 01:40 AM
Welcome.

I just looked up what an Omni was, and they look like a volkswagen rabbit IMO.

hobbie2k
02-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Welcome.

I just looked up what an Omni was, and they look like a volkswagen rabbit IMO.

All cars in that class and time period looked like a Rabbit.

Fuelish
02-16-2007, 06:13 PM
All cars in that class and time period looked like a Rabbit. LOL....indeed :) I believe, sometime back around then (can't remember the year, but was '80's, for sure), the city of Philadelphia PA was using some Omnis as police vehicles, iirc (obviously not high speed pursuit vehicles, but were probably good for scooting around the city streets, I suppose ;) ) Yeah, I think the Rabbit was rather the "standard" for econoboxes back then :)

Oh, and, yeah - welcome....this is a great Celi site (especially, it seems, for us 5th gen'ers...)

alltracman78
02-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Welcome

Interesting choice on the engine.
What do you plan to do with it?

The 1MZ is pretty stout too.
Lighter, so less weight on the front of the car, and it has forged crank/rods instead of cast.

:shrug:

Your project, good luck with whatever you do to it. :)

powershift5
02-17-2007, 07:52 AM
LOL....indeed :) I believe, sometime back around then (can't remember the year, but was '80's, for sure), the city of Philadelphia PA was using some Omnis as police vehicles, iirc (obviously not high speed pursuit vehicles, but were probably good for scooting around the city streets, I suppose ;) ) Yeah, I think the Rabbit was rather the "standard" for econoboxes back then :)

Oh, and, yeah - welcome....this is a great Celi site (especially, it seems, for us 5th gen'ers...)

:hehe: GLH'S got good topin no speed cut with high boost.. :Ban1: