PDA

View Full Version : Another Celica... DEAD

T-spoon
02-04-2007, 06:15 AM
Well, T-spoon (the blue 6gen that was my baby, passed on to my wife and recently sold to brother in law) will undoubtedly be totalled. My bro-in-law was on the freeway, traffic stopped suddenly. The Evo in front of him stopped fine, he stopped fine, the solara behind him wasn't really paying attention. The backs of both quarters are bent, the rear panel is wasted, the trunk floor pan is wasted and of course the tails are broken. Front crash bar is now a shallow V from hitting the back of the Evo (which doesn't look bad, most of the impact was absorbed by the Celica), high beams are toast and the impact jarred the radiator free of the mounts. Noone was seriously hurt, but there will be whiplash for sure for him, his girlfriend and his brother who were in the car too.

My wife and I went to the scene to make sure things were ok, my heart sank when I saw the damage. I have a good idea from what parts of the car are damaged what it would cost to repair, and I am pretty sure it will be totalled. The parts alone would probably be at least 50% of bluebook value. The driver of the Solara that caused the damage turns out to have been driving on a suspended license so I am worried that her insurance will turn out to be no good, and with my bro-in-law on liability only... oh well, hopefully it will work out. I'm just so sad to see that car mangled like that (EXACT same thing happened to my 93 MR2 if anyone remembers), even though I had sold it and moved on to other things it was still in my heart... /end sappiness. I'm so sick of drivers that don't pay attention.

R.I.P. T-spoon :(

burnyd
02-04-2007, 06:19 AM
sorry to hear man.. that really sucks.. glad everyone was ok.. now on the suspended license depends on what state here in pa the woman who hit my mr2 for away with it suspended license or not.. but the only thing that happens is if you have liability you are bumped up to full torte in PA being that the other person has a suspended license.. dont know how everything goes where you live.. but I hope everythign works out.

MCcelica
02-04-2007, 09:15 AM
I'll hold on to mine as long as I can in T-spoons honor.

Hookecho
02-04-2007, 02:05 PM
that does suck.

NgoFcukinWay
02-04-2007, 08:26 PM
pics are posted here http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45119

I was in tears this morning when I looked over the pics. I had one hell of an emotional attachment to the car. More than I thought I did. My neck doesn't hurt as bad as it does inside.

I called her insurance company this morning at 2AM and they said that her policy was still good. I hope they weren't leading me astray. They should be getting back to me as soon as the lady gets out from jail and tells her story.

I hope they give me enough so that I can pick up another 6gc, if not a '90 All-Trac that is sitting on the other side of town from me.

I'll hold on to mine as long as I can in T-spoons honor.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

-Alex

RIP T-Spoon. You will always be remembered by those that loved and adored you.

Cavanagh
02-05-2007, 12:24 AM
wow, her car is barley even touched..... sucks yours had to be the one car to take the most damage. Sorry to hear about this.

T-spoon
02-05-2007, 12:28 AM
wow, her car is barley even touched..... sucks yours had to be the one car to take the most damage. Sorry to hear about this.

Well, I guarantee there's more damage to that solara than you can see in the pics, the nice resiliant bumper cover is probably hiding a fair bit. I didn't feel like going near her to check it out though.

85gtsblackman
02-05-2007, 11:32 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAMNIT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IM SERIOUSLY SAD NOW!

see u shoulda sold me that car

T-spoon
02-06-2007, 12:40 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAMNIT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IM SERIOUSLY SAD NOW!

see u shoulda sold me that car

I dunno man, it woulda been in the Tibby's position then.. not sure it would have mattered either way :( Anyhoo, you've got the nifty RWD action now.

NgoFcukinWay
02-10-2007, 08:42 PM
I just got a letter from Geico (her co.) saying that they won't be paying for my car. I'm so f****** pissed right now. I wanna go find her and make her regret she was ever around.

MCcelica
02-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Call her back and say "Yes, you WILL pay for my car or the next voice you hear on this matter will be that of my ATTOURNEY"

T-spoon
02-10-2007, 09:10 PM
That's BS, I'll call you when I get off work.

ciento44
02-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Ermmm.... yes. This sounds like lawsuit material to me.