PDA

View Full Version : Mitsu Lancer Evo WTF?

CollapsedNut
02-01-2007, 01:40 PM
I dont understand why the evo's are like 30k++ when they are only putting out 120ish hp and not much more torque...so its AWD and looks fancy...it better come fast stock for that much $$$

VikingJZ
02-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Are you joking?

Lancer Evolution's have 276HP and are in the same class as a Subaru WRX STi.

They're fast.....

CollapsedNut
02-01-2007, 02:30 PM
^^ I just figured that out and when I came to change my post youve allready told me :) When I looked on auto trader I was like WTF no way but upon further investigation I found auto trader is wrong mkay

Dan3312
02-01-2007, 03:01 PM
I think they're at 286hp, but I'm not sure.

TheNefariousOne
02-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Search for the Fifth (or is it Top...? I'm drawing a blank here) Gear episode where they run an Evo against a Lambo. Very interesting to say the least lol

burnyd
02-01-2007, 05:08 PM
ugh. There mid 13 second cars at stock boost totally stock from the factory. There amazing cars if you ever get to ride in one.

hyoctane
02-01-2007, 06:24 PM
I dont understand why the evo's are like 30k++ when they are only putting out 120ish hp and not much more torque...so its AWD and looks fancy...it better come fast stock for that much $$$

Big difference between the two as people have alread pointed out... Spot the poser Evo:

http://www.carpages.co.uk/mitsubishi/mitsubishi_images/mitsubishi_lancer_22_04_05.jpg

http://www.edmunds.com/media/roadtests/firstdrive/2006/mitsubishi.evo9/06.mitsubishi.evo9.corner.silver.500.jpg

I can't wait until I own my IX! :wiggle:

85gtsblackman
02-01-2007, 07:56 PM
horrid looking and the interior is cheap, its about as bad feeling as a caviler interior

wrx sti ftmfw +1

VikingJZ
02-01-2007, 08:01 PM
I'm with the Brotha. Subaru is better, as I'm not a fan of Mitsubishi reliability.

You all are Mitsubishes.

Morwan
02-01-2007, 08:01 PM
horrid looking and the interior is cheap, its about as bad feeling as a caviler interior

It (was) a homologation car. Expecting a full interior form one is retarded.

VikingJZ
02-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Subaru did it?

2kSnakEater
02-01-2007, 08:07 PM
4 door sports car FTL,

Celica All-Trac > Evo/STi

The TrailBlazer SS is just so un-noticed and you could buy a used AWD one for about $25k, not bad for 400hp AWD factory lowered SUV.

cms-gt4
02-01-2007, 08:19 PM
It (was) a homologation car. Expecting a full interior form one is retarded.

The Alltrac WAS a homologation car, that came with luxury interior. I however wish it did not, to help keep the price closer to the awd eclipse and to keep weight down.

Part of what keeps the evo down to 30 is the cheap interior. To give a good chasis, advanced awd and a well engineered motor, they got to skimp somewhere.

andy
02-01-2007, 08:30 PM
stop with the domestic comparisons already.

KoreanJoey
02-01-2007, 08:57 PM
4 door sports car FTL,

The TrailBlazer SS is just so un-noticed and you could buy a used AWD one for about $25k, not bad for 400hp AWD factory lowered SUV.

You're an idiot...

T-spoon
02-01-2007, 09:00 PM
4 door sports car FTL,

I notice SUVs.

They're usually in my way or trying to change lanes and run over me.

KoreanJoey
02-01-2007, 09:33 PM
I notice SUVs.

They're usually in my way or trying to change lanes and run over me.

Amen

alltracman78
02-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Big difference between the two as people have alread pointed out... Spot the poser Evo:

http://www.carpages.co.uk/mitsubishi/mitsubishi_images/mitsubishi_lancer_22_04_05.jpg

http://www.edmunds.com/media/roadtests/firstdrive/2006/mitsubishi.evo9/06.mitsubishi.evo9.corner.silver.500.jpg

It's NOT a "poser Evo".
No more so than a regular ST/GT Celica is a poser Alltrac, or a Subaru Impreza is a poser STI.....

It's simply a Lancer.

They do have cheap interiors though.
I forget sometimes how much crappierr alot of the competition is than Toyota.....

VikingJZ
02-02-2007, 03:06 AM
Our interiors are actually pretty good grade and future comparable with other cars.

Toyota has always been ahead in quality though.

I've test driven an STi and an Evolution IX. They both had they're points, but if given the choice, I'd take the STi every time. It's a better car and carries Subaru quality.

Again, I'm leary of Mitsubishi.

VikingJZ
02-02-2007, 03:11 AM
Oh and for the Trailblazer SS...

They run about $27,500 for a used one on Ebay.

I'd rather have a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8. Faster and not a GM POS.

2kSnakEater
02-02-2007, 04:46 AM
Oh and for the Trailblazer SS...

They run about $27,500 for a used one on Ebay.

I'd rather have a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8. Faster and not a GM POS.

$27k still isnt bad, I have my reservations about any Chrysler product. Last one I had the Tranny was total junk and most all my friends complain about the brakes being bare enought to stop the car/truck. Plus the LS2 is an incredible engine

I guess nobody remembers the Typhoon/Syclone.

Rix86
02-02-2007, 04:57 AM
*sigh*

subaru reliability? Tell that to all the subaru owners that are on their second or fifth transaxle.
or third engine.
sti OR evo , stock to stock, will whip an all trac's ass, all day long.
and fucking ls1 chevy stuff too.
the typhoon and syclone aren't forgotten. very rare, and it's still GM quality. or lack thereof.
the lancer is an economy car, and it shows.
the evo is a car that mitsu had to re-work alot to get into this country.
but it's still a mitsu.

If toyota would get off it's lame ass and build SOMETHING to compete with the evo, sti, 350z, etc, you'd robably see something nice.
But toyota is too busy making a 380 HP goddamned truck to compete with ford and shoveitorleaveit.
and it still won't compete with the diesels. imagine that.

ok sorry

/end rant.

TheNefariousOne
02-02-2007, 05:10 AM
All-Trac yes, ls1, no. LS1s are consistently running low 13s stock which is exactly what the Evo/Sti runs. As for the truck, Toyota is vying for the second biggest segment in the American market...they already dominate the midsize sedan segment. Toyota's whole thing now is grabbing the number 1 spot I think. They could care less about niche markets like AWD turbo vehicles at this point.

Rix86
02-02-2007, 05:29 AM
All-Trac yes, ls1, no. LS1s are consistently running low 13s stock which is exactly what the Evo/Sti runs. As for the truck, Toyota is vying for the second biggest segment in the American market...they already dominate the midsize sedan segment. Toyota's whole thing now is grabbing the number 1 spot I think. They could care less about niche markets like AWD turbo vehicles at this point.
looking for the #1 truck market that is predicted to start falling off now.
HA!
damn toyota for selling out.

TheNefariousOne
02-02-2007, 05:40 AM
As soon as I posted that I was thinking the same thing haha. I was just too lazy to go back and edit. Toyota's been selling out for years though. Giving the FWD Celicas all shitty engines, doing away with the All-Trac for the 6th gen, pretty much completely wiping away any sporty image the Corolla ever had, etc etc etc.

Lagos
02-02-2007, 05:42 AM
evo and sti are great cars. i know a lot of guys that own them . almost everyone of the sti owners wishes he bought an evo. the sti has a nicer interior, but the evo beats it with its handling, easy of mods, and cheaper replacement parts.

evo9 will be my next car.

KoreanJoey
02-02-2007, 05:49 AM
If I just wanted to race... EVO no doubt... but if I had to live with the car every day... STi, no doubt. just check the difference in suspension (that is assuming it's stock) the STi is far more comfortable, more grown up. The Evo on the other hand is about as comfortable as a tractor...but a really, really fast tractor.

85gtsblackman
02-03-2007, 03:31 AM
my awd legacy died at 398k on the orginal trans, engine, rear and all drive train parts, cept i replaced the axles, and it was on its 2nd turbo, and it was a 5 speed

'90 CeLicA Aus
02-03-2007, 06:02 AM
EVO and STi are both the sex, I would take either really.

Rix86
02-03-2007, 07:34 AM
For me, I'd take the EVO.
I drive a corolla (ae86) with 8k springs front and rear and an OMP bucket.
the evo would ride like a lexus in comparison.
And I generally dislike subaru. they just keep getting uglier and uglier, and they're like armpits (or civics)...... they're everywhere.
I'd really rather have an evo 6 for the looks aspect though.
But in the end, rear drive and light weight still float my boat.

KoreanJoey
02-03-2007, 09:34 AM
I'd really rather have an evo 6 for the looks aspect though.

Pfft... F that... Evo 3 FTW.