PDA

View Full Version : 95 maxima se vs 90 celica gt

undecided
01-31-2007, 01:52 AM
his car is auto, up to date on all maintenance and runs good. he puts 93 in it bc that's what it says it takes.

his car has 102k.

my celica has a pace shitter header 2.25 exhaust high flow cat out to stock muffler (quiet) and that's it. it's manual.

i picked up my celica from my dad's house after it had just been sitting there. my dad was going to use it as his dd when i had my truck but he didnt like lil car haha. (it has 151k)

well i sold my truck and bought the celica back for what my dad put into it in parts, axles, cv joints, bearings starter muffler etc ~600 (toyota parts)

well my friend and i race from a light i launched at 2500 pulled ahead and was a car ahead of him the whole time till 80ish lol he was pissed~!

ciento44
01-31-2007, 02:17 AM
What kind of tires do you have?

I typically launch mine at between 3300-3700, depending on conditions.

The launch through 2nd gear is really all these cars have in them. :)

undecided
01-31-2007, 03:45 AM
lol, im rockin 00 gt-s rims with 205 rubber on em. i didnt want to launch too high she lost grip at that on the left side and i kinda need this car to last me :D

yeah after 2nd gear it's gone on these cars. i used to have a cai. it pepped it up a lil. but i leave the faster stuff to my 03 600rr (yeah it's only a 600 but i got it for twisties more than draggin) it'll take a 500hp car to beat it tho ;)

i used to be part of celica.net b4 it went down and i used to be pretty active here but then i got the 'ol truck. finally sold it :D. good gas mileage again yay! :Ban1:

VikingJZ
01-31-2007, 04:21 AM
Sure....but with a 3SGTE anything is possible.

Even hott sex with two kinky asian international students.

burnyd
01-31-2007, 04:55 AM
so how many minutes did it take the speedo to reach 80mph?

85gtsblackman
01-31-2007, 05:02 AM
odd i beat a 92 gts last night that was a 5speed in the max, its got a short ram, gutted cats, and 4 blown shocks

wait oh i see that was a 95, yeah there a bit heavier than mine

andy
01-31-2007, 05:21 AM
um, sweet kill BRO!

Slider
01-31-2007, 05:26 AM
odd i beat a 92 gts last night that was a 5speed in the max, its got a short ram, gutted cats, and 4 blown shocks

wait oh i see that was a 95, yeah there a bit heavier than mine

Also a bit more powerful, 95-99 came with the VQ engine.

undecided
01-31-2007, 05:37 AM
i didnt expect to get 'props' for this. I just posted bc i thought it was funny. my 600 dollar celica pwning a 5000 dollar car. he was so mad it just made me lol.

i thought it would give you guys a laugh too.

how many minutes to get to 80 really funny, if i wanted to have something fast i would buy a crotch rocket, oh wait i own one :D

http://photos-818.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v57/46/67/11802287/n11802287_32163818_9152.jpg

T-spoon
01-31-2007, 06:13 AM
Burny, this may make you cry, but MR2s aren't God's gift to power either. I love them, but I also love Celicas, and neither of them are as fast as what I have now, but I don't have to comment about celicas being distant cousins to land turtles in every single frackin thread either. Give it a rest man! It just isn't cool.

burnyd
01-31-2007, 06:29 AM
Burny, this may make you cry, but MR2s aren't God's gift to power either. I love them, but I also love Celicas, and neither of them are as fast as what I have now, but I don't have to comment about celicas being distant cousins to land turtles in every single frackin thread either. Give it a rest man! It just isn't cool.

what celicas arent fast..... I personally love celicas.. there great to daily drive.. not to race fwd is retarded. But all these so called " kill stories " from these 16 seconds cars is like :lolhittin just gets dumb. Its like watching a celica race a neon.

T-spoon
01-31-2007, 06:33 AM
Point is, you get on a supra forum and they'll say the exact same shit about a 13-14 second MR2. It all rolls downhill. There's a reason I don't frequent supra forums, it sucks seeing that attitude here on a Celica forum. :( Joo dig?

burnyd
01-31-2007, 06:34 AM
so I forgot to tell you I have a 6gc thats a ST 5spd I raced a News paper boy on his biek and I put liek 10 cars on him after I chirped into 3rd he almost pulled on me!

vip09
01-31-2007, 06:36 AM
If I was driving the bike, I could beat you. No contest.

*Edit: Forgot I can't race on sunday.. papers weigh me down too much.

burnyd
01-31-2007, 06:37 AM
my platform is nto always the greatest... hers the thing I have owned the 3sgte on every single platform.. this one works out the best... not downing celicas.. Im just saying this is really dumb to come on here talking about racing every econonmy box 17 sec car on the street its not true racing.

burnyd
01-31-2007, 06:39 AM

14.7 on a stock bike without slicks damn man you must know how to shift that huffy!

T-spoon
01-31-2007, 06:43 AM
my platform is nto always the greatest... hers the thing I know I'm better than anyone with a slower car than mine and most that have faster cars because I probably drive better too. Talking about your car if it isn't fast is pathetic so you should just worship mine

Fixed.

ciento44
01-31-2007, 06:46 AM
my platform is nto always the greatest... hers the thing I know I'm better than anyone with a slower car than mine and most that have faster cars because I probably drive better too. Talking about your car if it isn't fast is pathetic so you should just worship mine

:bowdown:

burnyd
01-31-2007, 06:48 AM
Fixed.

correct.

but...

if you race your NA 5sfe/4a/7a motor on the street that barely breaks into the 17s and wouldnt trap @ tripple digits to save its life then its :ghey: my mr2 is not bette than anyones car and I rarely use my car in comparison when talking on these super fast drag racing threads..... if there was a drag thread about swap vs sr 240 or swap vs fbucket..

T-spoon
01-31-2007, 06:54 AM
Honestly though, which are safer to be racing in those conditions? A very fast RWD car, or a slow FWD car that handles well and predictably? I have yet to really make an all-out run with my supra because it's too damn scary on a street, I'm going to have to wait until I can get it on a track. The 5sfe was built to thrive on city streets, not on a racetrack.

Which is all beside the point really, try making constructive comments instead of just trying to hack people down all the time. Sheesh.

vip09
01-31-2007, 07:02 AM
Honestly though, which are safer to be racing in those conditions? A very fast RWD car, or a slow FWD car that handles well and predictably? I have yet to really make an all-out run with my supra because it's too damn scary on a street, I'm going to have to wait until I can get it on a track. The 5sfe was built to thrive on city streets, not on a racetrack.

Which is all beside the point really, try making constructive comments instead of just trying to hack people down all the time. Sheesh.

Geo Metro: Best street racer ever?

undecided
01-31-2007, 02:10 PM

not to troll, but ur saying u can ride my bike better than me? stop being silly :)

andy
01-31-2007, 06:16 PM
I got straight cut gears on my 10 speed schwin that would own all of you guys. And those 14 second mr2s!

burnyd
01-31-2007, 07:34 PM
^ its a 13 second mr2 and it is stock..... with a boost controller and 3" but it is stock !

jason
01-31-2007, 11:47 PM
so how many minutes did it take the speedo to reach 80mph?

This is the exact mentality that us 2wd folks hate when we try to learn at alltrac.net. Just because we can't take our shit out in the snow/ice/rain and romp at WOT doesn't make our cars any less "true". You run what you brung and not everybody is fortunate enough to own a turbocharged car. This is celicatech for every generation, not turbotuner or horsepowerfreaks. If you take every turbo celica owner out of every generation on these forums you would maybe come out with 5% of the total forum population. You might as well protest to have the admins get rid of the NA Tuning forum. Point is: if you want to antagonize people, go do it where you're comparing apples to apples. Go do it on mr2oc or alltrac.net where most folks have turbocharged cars. These people posting about their experiences at ctech are comparing at the same level, NA car to NA car, no matter how fast or slow. They're having fun, learning, and tuning, and hopefully they will be able to use this knowledge to apply it to a more powerful car in the future. Everybody starts somewhere. You saying "you all race slow cars" or "this isn't real racing" only works when you compare your 3sgte to anything NA. That's not a fair comparison nor is it fair to people that are working with what they have.

undecided
02-01-2007, 01:31 AM
haha ^so true these guys on here act like the 3sgte is gods gift to man. i've ridden and driven many faster cars. i dont choose to own a fast car bc i choose to have money in the bank and a reliable daily beater :D my story was just meant for a laugh :P. i was surprised i won.

KoreanJoey
02-01-2007, 01:41 AM
And burnyd, again, street racing is for morons.

*runs away and takes a corner so you can't follow*

burnyd
02-01-2007, 01:51 AM
And burnyd, again, street racing is for morons.

*runs away and takes a corner so you can't follow*

yah its dumb... Im not being sarcastic you are right.... but where I live its in a controlled enviorment where its been the same for 10-15 years.

I would love to road race its just so damn expensive on top of brake pads and tires!.

85gtsblackman
02-01-2007, 03:27 AM
wasnt this a nissan vs celica thread

how the hell did it turn into this?

u didnt see me mentionioning 7m and 2jz powered 3rd gens

yet..... :hehe:

burnyd
02-01-2007, 03:38 AM
This is the exact mentality that us 2wd folks hate when we try to learn at alltrac.net. Just because we can't take our shit out in the snow/ice/rain and romp at WOT doesn't make our cars any less "true".

I agree to this. Alltrac.net those guys are kind of assholes being that awd > *. And thats it.. I meen fwd is retarded everyone knows that but awd isnt the greatest platform to ever come out.

You run what you brung and not everybody is fortunate enough to own a turbocharged car. This is celicatech for every generation, not turbotuner or horsepowerfreaks. If you take every turbo celica owner out of every generation on these forums you would maybe come out with 5% of the total forum population. You might as well protest to have the admins get rid of the NA Tuning forum. Point is: if you want to antagonize people, go do it where you're comparing apples to apples. Go do it on mr2oc or alltrac.net where most folks have turbocharged cars. These people posting about their experiences at ctech are comparing at the same level, NA car to NA car, no matter how fast or slow. They're having fun, learning, and tuning, and hopefully they will be able to use this knowledge to apply it to a more powerful car in the future. Everybody starts somewhere. You saying "you all race slow cars" or "this isn't real racing" only works when you compare your 3sgte to anything NA. That's not a fair comparison nor is it fair to people that are working with what they have.

ok... I have had everything.. from my first car 90gts - swapped car to 5sfte turbo to alltrac to mr2 turbo.. everything so far.. honestly If I raced someone on the street another 4cly fwd car.. honda,hyundai,nissan,dodge.. I wouldnt thing wow I now have a race car.. I meen thats great that a NA celica can beat on cars.. but win or lose its still a 16 second car. Your just making yourself look retarded bragging about beating grocery getters.

85gtsblackman
02-01-2007, 04:18 AM
hey ggs can be fast too

can we say magnum wagon

or

wrx wagon

Colossus20v
02-01-2007, 05:19 AM
sounds lke a bunch of race cars and stuff....Cool race.

burnyd
02-01-2007, 06:06 AM
^^

My platform > all others.

Colossus20v
02-01-2007, 06:08 AM
^ My bike> all cars

burnyd
02-01-2007, 06:18 AM
your platform isnt to good with this weather sir!

undecided
02-05-2007, 06:02 AM
^ My bike> all cars

when u gonna get a fuel injected bike..

andy
02-05-2007, 06:17 AM
my bike is love injected.