PDA

View Full Version : So my brothers WRX > my GT-S...

hyoctane
01-30-2007, 04:15 PM
He has: Up pipe, down pipe, removed cat, full exhaust, intake, BOV, STi intercooler, boost controller, springs/shocks, etc....

This weekend he added: STi turbo, upgraded the injectors and fuel pump, and reflashed the ecu.

My butt dyno says its mid/low 13's (who cares... 1320 is gheyness) and it just has grande juevos. I have to say... My GT-S just "looks fast" now, just like the commercials used to say.

I'm officially jealous now -- it makes my Celica look and feel poopy. That is all..

:givafuck:

burnyd
01-30-2007, 04:30 PM
ok

TheNefariousOne
01-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Ok, I'm not sure exactly how much all those mods cost him, but with the money he spent on them couldn't he have just purchased a real Sti rather than buying the WRX and putting a bunch of Sti parts on it?

Anyways, love your car for what it is...it's not a turbocharged AWD rally car and was never intended to be sooo...

2kSnakEater
01-30-2007, 05:32 PM
buy a trd Super Charger and pwn him, report back.

85gtsblackman
01-30-2007, 05:36 PM
it still wont

wrx is a evil lil fucker thats more tuneable than the celica, hence why i want another scooby but thats another story

2zz wont last long boosted the engines were not made fore it, u would have to build the hell out of a 2zz to handel it

the 4afe is more boost friendly :hehe:

2kSnakEater
01-30-2007, 05:40 PM
alright then, sell the GTS buy an All-Trac then mod the fuck out of it and tell him he just got beat by a lowly Celica. OR the Best route, buy a 98-02 Camaro/Firebird put a cam in it and pnw him left and right.

85gtsblackman
01-30-2007, 05:52 PM
are all your solotions buy a camaro/trans am

ok then after that he could buy a supra

T-spoon
01-30-2007, 05:55 PM
are all your solotions buy a camaro/trans am

ok then after that he could buy a supra

:hehe: :stupid:

hyoctane
01-30-2007, 06:12 PM
2zz wont last long boosted the engines were not made fore it, u would have to build the hell out of a 2zz to handel it

Wprd. 11.5:1 CR is not very boost friendly at all... I'd rather not even try.

I don't want to buy a new car just yet... My GT-S is paid off (and has been for almost a year.) My answer is to purchase an Evo IX (I have wife approval!) after we purchase our new house...

But yeah... :givafuck:

Slider
01-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Is he on the stock tranny? If so wait till his 2nd gear explodes and then race him.

DarkSideCelica
01-30-2007, 06:49 PM
another reason why i do not like the 7th gen celicas... pre 7th gen all-trac ftw!!

ciento44
01-30-2007, 08:20 PM
I apologize in advance for this post... i'm in a bad mood, but...

What the heck is with all the negative feeling towards boosting the 2zzge lately? Can we not do what Honda does and boost high compression engines? If tuned correctly, and if you're not trying to get insane power out of stock internals, there is NO problem with it. Look around, there are numerous people successfully boosting these things, whether it be turbo or supercharger. For god's sake, there are even KITS out there for both superchargers and turbos. Obviuosly, if you boost any engine, there's more stress on it, and it will not last long.

Obviously do it right, and take the time to get a good tune on it.

But come on... don't let the honda guys and their boosting of 11.5:1 or 12.0:1 engines get ahead of us. If they can do it, then we can.

Eh, i dunno. I'm pretty confident that a good turbo setup on that GTS would keep up with the WRX, even if it would get whored bad off the line. GTS is significantly lighter, and will probably make comparable HP to what he is.

Ajilon
01-30-2007, 09:53 PM
There are many a Scoobie owner that will argue a BOV is NOT a good thing on an impreza. If he keeps that on, you won't be jealous for long

85gtsblackman
01-30-2007, 10:11 PM
yeah its true

hyoctane
01-30-2007, 10:23 PM
There are many a Scoobie owner that will argue a BOV is NOT a good thing on an impreza. If he keeps that on, you won't be jealous for long

What is the reason being? They come stock with BOVs... :squint:

I know one of by 4G63 buddies had his BOV recirculated, but it was for another reason.

VikingJZ
01-31-2007, 03:31 AM
Poor Celica.

Ajilon
01-31-2007, 03:43 AM

I know one of by 4G63 buddies had his BOV recirculated, but it was for another reason.

Stock BOV's are fine. They're designed for the car and the computer is mapped for it. They just don't make that ghetto pifffftt sound. Aftermarket bov's cause these cars to run extremely rich. This seems to be what everyone is putting on their cars. Impreza's need the pressure that you're letting out.

Slider
01-31-2007, 04:12 AM

The stock BOV is recirculated to the intake, so when you go aftermarket the air is let out but the computer still thinks the air is being recirculated so the car runs a bit rich. Results in backfiring between shifts, and sometimes even flames.

T-spoon
01-31-2007, 06:16 AM
The stock BOV is recirculated to the intake, so when you go aftermarket the air is let out but the computer still thinks the air is being recirculated so the car runs a bit rich. Results in backfiring between shifts, and sometimes even flames.

This is theoretically no different than any other car with an AFM that vents to atmosphere, shouldn't be a big deal.

hyoctane
01-31-2007, 02:40 PM
Stock BOV's are fine. They're designed for the car and the computer is mapped for it. They just don't make that ghetto pifffftt sound. Aftermarket bov's cause these cars to run extremely rich. This seems to be what everyone is putting on their cars. Impreza's need the pressure that you're letting out.

I'm still not on board with the idea of a BOV being bad. When you are pushing 1.24 to 1.37 BAR you'll need to upgrade your OEM BOV because it wasn't designed to keep boost at that pressure. Sure, many ricers add a BOV to make the "cool" noise, but it has other purposes. Upgrading that is a non-issue. Full atmosphere venting isn't an issue for me either... My reasoning is that when your turbo spools and your throttle plate closes, it bypasses the air through your BOV. Your MAF sensor has already read the air as coming into the engine, but when you let off the gas closing your throttle plate it bypasses the engine *maybe* causing it to run slightly rich at that instant... If it were leaning the fuel out I'd be worried.

Am I missing something thoug... ? I don't want to be ignorant or start arguing, I just want to know why you cosider it bad. :wiggle:

Personally, I think he has to worry about his transmission before anything else.

Cavanagh
01-31-2007, 03:09 PM
Get an MR2, add a few mods, and watch him cry.

I dont understand why people are saying superchargers wont work on the 2zz.

extremeskillz
01-31-2007, 05:11 PM
^ Right. TRD makes it for them so u would think it would work.

Luni
01-31-2007, 08:25 PM
Turbo kits work on 2zz.

You guys dont get out much.

Go read the FI fourm at newcelica.org. They kick our asses with 7th gen knowledge.

Theres some fast fucking Celicas.

Theres some fast fucking NA celicas with headers, powerfcs, stuff like that.

T-spoon
01-31-2007, 09:59 PM
^ Right. TRD makes it for them so u would think it would work.

No they don't. They don't even make them for the 1zz anymore, never did for the 2zz in the US (don't think elsewhere either, but never had occasion to check).

Morwan
02-01-2007, 01:49 AM
Toyota does make superchargers- just look up the Corolla Compressor or the Lotus Exige S. Both utilize supercharged 2ZZ's making the same amount of power.

91celicagts
02-04-2007, 12:27 AM
[QUOTE=hyoctane]I'm still not on board with the idea of a BOV being bad. When you are pushing 1.24 to 1.37"

sorry to jack the thread but i just wanted to add a note when my buddy and i got his alltrac running it hit 1.29 bar. continue on.