PDA

View Full Version : Auto shift kits and strong auto trans

supershannon77
01-27-2007, 12:43 AM
Since I have put my Turbo kit on and been driving around at 5 psi not wanting to raise it until I have a stronger trans. What auto trans will bolt up to the 91 gt? I DO NOT want to swap. Yes I have thought about it but I just dont want to do it. Is their any type of shift kit I can buy to make my trans stronger. Thanks for your help!

extremeskillz
01-27-2007, 12:53 AM
finally someone with a vision. Yea i have the same idea for my whip. Even though i do not need a rebuild, i plan to turbo charge and i want to keep it clean and no manuel conversions. A shift tranny would be nice and better ratio gears. The car take off fine now but with turbo you need the extra gear ratios.

my car is a matching numbers car and want to keep it that way with more performance.
Where to you get teh turbo kit from?

supershannon77
01-27-2007, 01:04 AM
I had the turbo kit custom built. I also had my trans rebuilt. My only problem now is wanting more power down the line and not having the trans that can hold up. I love the turbo I have no regrets at all it is 100% awesome. I have no problem answer any questions if you want to turbo your car its alot of fun!!

extremeskillz
01-27-2007, 01:08 AM
have you tried to boosting it up incrementally?

When you got it bolted how does it feel with the auto tranny? Does it shift smoothly even in ECT?