PDA

View Full Version : So I used a clay bar this past weekend...

hyoctane
01-26-2007, 02:16 PM
All I can say is simply "amazing!" My Celica hasn't felt that smooth since I drove out of the dealership's parking lot. I purchased the Meguiar’s clay kit (included everything you needed). I've always been meticulous about keeping my car clean -- but I was always scared away from clay b/c I was worried about scratching my clear coat... But I bit the bullet, and I'm glad I did!

I was so happy with the turn out that I decided to clay my wife's '00 Civic.. I've never seen her car look better (she bought it used at Honda).

I'll give it a bath and post up some pictures this weekend... But I just wanted to give clay barring a big thumbs up for people that were like me. :bigthumbu

gt lifthback
01-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Yeah that stuff works really well.................i used it couple months ago well i pay someone to have my car detailed they used the clay bar and the car look as if i just got a new paint job.....for a car that is almost 20 years old that stuff worked great.

T-spoon
01-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Hmmm, this is something I need to check out..

extremeskillz
01-27-2007, 01:16 AM
same here. I clay my twice a month :hehe:

then wax every week. Not now tho because shes in storage but when spring roll around well ill back in my routine.

blck87gtconv
02-02-2007, 06:51 AM
same here. I clay my twice a month :hehe:

then wax every week. Not now tho because shes in storage but when spring roll around well ill back in my routine.
I used to do that with my old 4th gen. It was always a beautiful sight to behold.

these days, I can't hardly be bothered to even wash my car. the body and paint are in pretty bad condition, and were when I bought the car. Like, beyond topical repair.

So I just let it fester and maintain cancer spots when necessary until I can justify the expense to have it all taken care of.

I'm a DIY kinda guy, but when it comes to body work, I'd rather it be handled by a professional.

Sean
02-02-2007, 07:09 AM
Clay bars are AMAZING for what they do. A little pricey for a wad of "clay", but worth it :)

My car is due this spring.

Trance4c
02-02-2007, 01:43 PM
A little pricey for a wad of "clay"

Now now.. its how I make my living! :bigthumbu

92CelicaST
02-04-2007, 02:19 AM
never used one or seen one but i need to do this to my car where can i find a clay bar at?

EDIT:

never mind i found the same stuff just not in a bar form