PDA

View Full Version : Police Vehicles Registry

VikingJZ
01-26-2007, 12:00 AM
This thread is for users to post links and information concerning various police patrol vehicles used in your state and area.

Specify state patrols over local and county as the majority of readers will be wondering about travelling on highways.

2kSnakEater
01-26-2007, 12:27 AM
Pasco and Pinellas county
US19 and maybe I-75
1 Black, 1 white, and 1 Grey Dodge Charger
Green late model 4 Door Dakota with a toneu cover
Grey Late model Tahoe

All cars are unmarked and have "hidden" light.

VikingJZ
01-26-2007, 01:56 AM
ISP uses unmarked newer Tauruses with hidden lights. Some have antennas, some don't. They look very similar to civilian cars except for the guy driving with wanna-be soldier hairdo.

Unmarked Camaro's with hidden lights.

ISP claims they are "high performance" unmarked vehicles. Solid in color with wheel covers instead of aluminum wheels.

They also have unmarked Impalas with ISP front license plates.

most unmarked cars have a normal Indiana plate. Marked ones have the service vehicle plate.

The marked ISP cars are later model Crown Victorias in Black or Dark blue color. The have INDIANA STATE POLICE and STATE TROOPER plastered all over them and are very easy to spot during the day time, even without a light bar.

zak062
01-26-2007, 04:01 AM
i-55 & i-355 area has a few blue unmarked ford expeditions. They dont even have the plates or atennas. Just has the "hidden" lights.

VikingJZ
01-26-2007, 04:09 AM
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/VehicleEvaluation2007_MSP-PoliceVehicleComp_182663_7.pdf

Mighigan State Police test of several vehicles that will be used in the near future for service.

The new Charger is one fast car.

alltracman78
01-26-2007, 08:01 PM
It would help if you put the location......
Some of you have your state as a location, but where in the state?

Others have nothing.....

KoreanJoey
01-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Washing State has the following unmarked cars;
several Chargers, several Camaros, several Intrepids, several Crown Vics, several Impalas, a few Subaru STis, a few Subaru Legacys, a few assorted vehicles in the "Aggressive Driver Patrol".

Basically you shouldn't really speed on the highways and freeways as there are a lot of vehicles out to get you if you do.

hobbie2k
01-26-2007, 09:30 PM
In the Fridley area (northern suburb of Minneapolis) they have a few Crown Vics, a couple F-150s and Expedtions, all dark blue with FRIDLEY POLICE marked on them. I haven't seen any unmarked cars. Minnesota's state patrol cars are usually Impalas or Crown Vics, solid Maroon with yellow lettering. Some unmarked Impalas and Crown Vics, usually with an antenna and no wheel covers.

My commute bypasses most of the speed traps so I don't see many cars.

VikingJZ
01-26-2007, 09:56 PM
If I'm ever in the WA I'll keep an eye out for Legacies.

They assume most people won't notice them, or if they get stopped remember the car.

I do.

The first time I saw an unmarked Taurus on the IN Toll Road I remembered every police add-on feature. Now, it's easy for me to spot them.

Some states have outlawed unmarked and hidden vehicles completely.

zak062
01-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Have any of you seen the new lights for the marked cop cars in the SW suburbs of chicago? Their less than a foot thick so their hard as hell to spot front a distance.

91 celica st
01-27-2007, 07:51 AM
bay area califonia
Crown vic
and a few z28 camero's
a few ford suv's as well

Shadowlife25
01-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Napa Valley CA.

Local PD and Sherriff
Crown Victorias- black or blue unmarked with full blackout tint and the spot on the sides. Most are fully marked though.
Fully marked Ford Expedition - Identical to civilian issue except for paint

CHP (California Highway Patrol)
Chevy Camaro SS - Solid White with hidden lights and one with low profile light bar
Chevrolet Impala - black or blue in color with inside windshield mounted party lights

partyball
01-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Bedford County, PA/ Pennsylvania Turnpike

State Police
Mostly white marked Crown Vics
Unmarked Crown Vics( Blue or Beige)
A few unmarked Ford SUVs
And at least one unmarked new mustang patrols the turnpike

hyoctane
01-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Bradenton/Palmetto, Florida area

FLorida Highway Patrol: Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor, Camaros
Bradenton Police: Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor, New Dodge Chargers
Palmetto Police: Crown Vic Police Interceptor
Manatee County Sheriff: Crown Vic Police Interceptor, Chevy Tahoe, Chevy Vans, Chevy Silverado
Florida Fish and Wildlife: Chevy Silverado, Chevy Tahoe

The years I'm going to leave blank because there are so many different ones... But you'll get the idea.

Cavanagh
01-29-2007, 01:37 AM
Have any of you seen the new lights for the marked cop cars in the SW suburbs of chicago? Their less than a foot thick so their hard as hell to spot front a distance.

Yea we go some down here, esp. on the new impalas. They ARE tough to see/spot.

VikingJZ
01-29-2007, 04:38 AM
It really pisses me off at night time when I spot what I believe to be a Crown Vic and it turns out to be an old fart couple driving in their Grand Marquis or Town Car.

Grr