PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Motorsports!

KoreanJoey
01-24-2007, 08:31 AM
Ok, I've just sent in my registration to Toyota Motorsports/The Toyota Contingency Program. If you interested in joining send me a PM. Nothing like getting substantially better pricing than www.1sttoyotaparts.com :) Yay.

T-spoon
01-24-2007, 06:21 PM
Ok, I've just sent in my registration to Toyota Motorsports/The Toyota Contingency Program. If you interested in joining send me a PM. Nothing like getting substantially better pricing than www.1sttoyotaparts.com :) Yay.

What kind of pricing are you talking about?

KoreanJoey
01-24-2007, 06:35 PM
They don't have any catalogs but I talked to the previous owner of my co-drivers MR2 they got a brand new (yes, brand new, not rebuilt) long block from Toyota for under $1000. I'm hoping to hear from them today and I'll give you an example when I order my rear control arms.

T-spoon
01-24-2007, 06:52 PM
They don't have any catalogs but I talked to the previous owner of my co-drivers MR2 they got a brand new (yes, brand new, not rebuilt) long block from Toyota for under $1000. I'm hoping to hear from them today and I'll give you an example when I order my rear control arms.

Ah, heh, well if you're getting a sponsorship that's one thing. Do make sure you know what they're offering. There have been people that get sponsered parts from Toyota, then turn around and sell them at just under the best a dealer can manage, under dealer cost, for profit rather than to further their racing. That creates a lot of mess. If you aren't thinking about reselling, then it's not an issue, just something to keep in mind.

KoreanJoey
01-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Celica 1991 GT Coupe Forward Rear Control Arm
48710-20100
Toyota Motorsport - $67 a piece + free shipping UPS Ground
1st Toyota Parts = $95 a piece + 10% fee shipping
Burient Toyota w/ PSTOC/MR2OC Discount = $107 a piece + Pick-up

I'm not reselling I'm offering this as a resource to people that race currently who want to sign up for the program.

The cost that I estimated for the control arms was actually a little more than what they actually came out to be

$63.12 is the final price for those forward rear control arms.

ciento44
01-24-2007, 07:42 PM
So basically... if i start autocrossing my Celica, i can get in on this? But otherwise, we can't do it, right?

This is interesting....

T-spoon
01-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Celica 1991 GT Coupe Forward Rear Control Arm
48710-20100
Toyota Motorsport - $67 a piece + free shipping UPS Ground
1st Toyota Parts = $95 a piece + 10% fee shipping
Burient Toyota w/ PSTOC/MR2OC Discount = $107 a piece + Pick-up

I'm not reselling I'm offering this as a resource to people that race currently who want to sign up for the program.

Ok, just double-checking to make sure people aren't thinking of it as some kind of other opportunity.

Dealer cost on that particular part isn't less than $80, so it's an INCREADIBLE deal to get in that program as long as it's not abused. Good luck! :bigthumbu

KoreanJoey
01-25-2007, 05:52 AM
So basically... if i start autocrossing my Celica, i can get in on this? But otherwise, we can't do it, right?

This is interesting....

Yes exactly. And yes it is substantially less than dealership cost.

RallyK
01-26-2007, 01:21 AM

Co-driver? do you rally?

KoreanJoey
01-26-2007, 04:27 AM
As in we both drive the car.

KoreanJoey
02-07-2007, 07:28 PM
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/3/6/5/IMG_0762.jpg

Yay Toyota Motorsports!

Shadowlife25
02-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Sweetly done Joey! I'd do this if the AllTrac wasn't me and the wife's daily driver :(
You know, don't race if you can't replace = $$$$ :)

KoreanJoey
02-10-2007, 04:57 AM
Well... I understand that.

MrWOT
02-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Participation requirements might help

KoreanJoey
02-10-2007, 10:49 AM
You race with whatever organization... doesn't matter.

Sean
02-11-2007, 12:27 AM
Very Cool Joey, now order me some door panels :hehe:

KoreanJoey
02-11-2007, 02:44 AM
Umm... just register and start racing, god... you've got tires now, you can do it.

Sean
02-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Umm... just register and start racing, god... you've got tires now, you can do it.

I am a registered member with the drag racing squad, think that counts?

KoreanJoey
02-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Nope, they don't count drag racing... it's autox or road racing. Sorry Sean, just reaffirms what I've been saying all along. :)

Sean
02-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Nope, they don't count drag racing... it's autox or road racing. Sorry Sean, just reaffirms what I've been saying all along. :)

My life is one big race ;)

And sorry, the car is in build mode again :)

Trance4c
02-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Where do I sign up? I've been tracking my car.. need some parts.

KoreanJoey
02-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Did I send everyone that emailed me the info?

Hiko
02-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Just outta curiosity, how long did it take you guys to become part of the program after you sent in the info? I sent mine in like 10 days ago and have heard zip. Maybe it's because I e-mailed it? :shrug:

KoreanJoey
02-23-2007, 07:29 PM
I haven't gotten my stickers or stuff yet, I just called to order parts like the day after and they said I was good to go.

Denver_whiteST185
02-23-2007, 08:33 PM
im interested. im going to be autoxing my car this summer when its running better.

KoreanJoey
02-23-2007, 08:43 PM
email me @ toyotamotorsnw@hotmail.com

Denver_whiteST185
02-23-2007, 08:48 PM
what do you want to know?

Trance4c
02-26-2007, 02:20 AM
I'll be sending you an email requesting info.

KoreanJoey
02-26-2007, 04:39 AM
I need a mail to send you all the info.

Trance4c
02-26-2007, 05:56 PM
I need a mail to send you all the info.

I emailed you, you should have the address.. or are you requesting a snail mail mailing address? If so, please reply to my email so that I can send it back in private.

KoreanJoey
02-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Did you get my reply?

Trance4c
02-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Yep.. got the reply, I will have to take some time later to read over the attachments. Thanks :bigthumbu

skippi66
02-27-2007, 12:19 AM
Do you think TRD will will have 3gen spring retainers?

KoreanJoey
02-27-2007, 12:37 AM
Ummm... maybe not TRD but you can get stock Gen 3 parts... just need a part number.

Trance4c
02-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Ok.. so get me if I'm wrong, you have to be in the SCCA for this?

KoreanJoey
02-27-2007, 11:39 PM
No, not SCCA specifically, if you read through the paperwork they say you can also race through other organizations not listed.

Slider
03-02-2007, 03:57 PM
I go autocrossing with a local car club during the summer. Could you send me the info? I PMed you my email address.

Thanks

Rio_Cyber
03-02-2007, 05:28 PM
is this a toyota usa only deal ?

KoreanJoey
03-03-2007, 07:03 AM
is this a toyota usa only deal ?

As far as I know yes.

Slider
03-04-2007, 05:31 AM
Thanks, I'm gonna read it through it all.

KoreanJoey
03-04-2007, 05:42 AM
Alright, let me know how it goes.

Trance4c
03-05-2007, 07:51 PM
No, not SCCA specifically, if you read through the paperwork they say you can also race through other organizations not listed.

Well.. I don't race through any organization currently, I just go to the local open track days. I once did and will again with Chin Motorsports, but currently I'm not apart of them.

So.. for those of us independently tracking our cars, there is no organization.

Is this still possible? Would anyone care to just get me the rear control arms I need if I spend payment? hehe :hehe:

KoreanJoey
03-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Well... on a side note they FINALLY sent me a bill. Control arms turned out a little less than I estimated at $63.12 a piece.

Trance4c
03-13-2007, 02:03 AM
I take it that from all the forms supplied I should be filling out the -

TOYOTA MOTORSPORTS/TRD USA

2007 CONTINGENCY AWARD REGISTRATION FORM

? Seems like the 'contingency award registration' is also the registration needed to supply a credit card for application to get the discount on the parts for those of us tracking our cars.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, my understanding is that the actual contingency program is an award program herein further to this membership that awards those lucky enough in this program to make a placement and win prize money. Correct? If so, then just to be apart of the program and get a discount on parts, it is not necessary to fill out the contingency award program, correct?

KoreanJoey
03-13-2007, 02:23 AM
Um... just read through it, I don't really know more than you do.

Trance4c
03-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Um... just read through it, I don't really know more than you do.

uhrmm.. your the one already registered and received parts, I'm sure you know more than I. This is what I have been trying to get at but any answer I get is always vague. You need to be able to explain my above questions regarding the organization, signing up, being apart of and the seperate (or non seperate) contingency award program.

If not, then I'll email someone on the forms and try to find out, but I would think since you have already gone through this process you'd know.

Trance4c
03-23-2007, 02:35 PM
I have sent an email to the address given in the paper work about how to sign up but not enroll in their Award program. I'm not looking for award wins from racing, I'm just looking to enroll in the Toyota Motorsports program for parts discounts.

We will see where this leads with hopefully better information for the future participants.

KoreanJoey
03-24-2007, 05:29 AM
Yup now you're set to call them up with parts numbers.

Trance4c
03-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Yup now you're set to call them up with parts numbers.

Now i'm set? i haven't even sent in an app because of the confusion about the papers.

What are you talking about? Have you even read what I have posted?

Hiko
03-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Clayton, I have yet to go through the process of ordering parts from this program, but have already signed up. If I'm reading your question right, then the answer is that there is no distinction between signing up for the parts program and signing up for the award contingency money, on the forms that we have. They are really the same program. The parts program is sort of the bonus of being part of the awards program (in their eyes) due to the advertising they get from us putting the stickers on our cars.

With that said, I too am only going off of what the forms that Joey sent out, and I haven't had any real contact with them. They just sent me my stickers without a word. I'm going off the information I have managed to ween off of those forms, combined with looking at other companies contingency forms.

I hope that toyota has a more exact answer for you.

Trance4c
03-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Clayton, I have yet to go through the process of ordering parts from this program, but have already signed up. If I'm reading your question right, then the answer is that there is no distinction between signing up for the parts program and signing up for the award contingency money, on the forms that we have. They are really the same program. The parts program is sort of the bonus of being part of the awards program (in their eyes) due to the advertising they get from us putting the stickers on our cars.

With that said, I too am only going off of what the forms that Joey sent out, and I haven't had any real contact with them. They just sent me my stickers without a word. I'm going off the information I have managed to ween off of those forms, combined with looking at other companies contingency forms.

I hope that toyota has a more exact answer for you.

Much appreciate, thank you for understanding my issue between the award money program and the parts program.

I'll see what they have to say, regardless, if that is the case then I'll just send in the form for the Contingency program if that is what is needed to enroll me in the parts program.

Thanks again.

Hiko
03-24-2007, 07:37 PM
De nada :)

KoreanJoey
03-26-2007, 03:22 AM
Oh I'm sorry Clayton, I thought you said you emailed the information. I was mistaken. Yeah I the parts program and the contigency program is one in the same. It's basically registration for Toyota Motorsports in general.

Trance4c
04-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Sooo... how long did it take for them to get back to you guys? I submitted mine, hopefully its all good and they take it as I just run an open class track at GIR, no real sanctioning body. BUT, we'll see, really need those rear control arms! hehe

Hiko
04-06-2007, 12:21 AM
They never really got back to me. I just kinda got the stickers in the mail about a month and a half after I e-mailed in my registration. Seems like it really goes in quite fast, as Joey says he called the next day and he was already good to go.

BTW, I ordered my bushings the other day and I started chatting with the guy on the other end. Turns out that we get parts for 20% less than the dealerships can buy these parts for.

KoreanJoey
04-06-2007, 01:30 AM
Yeah basically we pay half list for all the parts. So if you look at 1sttoyotaparts.com and you see the list price just half that and that's around what we pay (actually it's a little less). But yeah I called and ordered parts the day after I emailed my registration stuff and haven't had any problems.

Trance4c
04-06-2007, 02:19 PM
hrmm.. i'll try ordering my rear control arms then and see what happens.

w00t!

Trance4c
04-16-2007, 06:40 PM
KoreanJoey - how long did it take you to get the control arms? So far, no billing and no parts.

:(

KoreanJoey
04-16-2007, 06:55 PM
It took about 2-3 weeks for me. But I did finally get the stickers I'm supposed to run.

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/3/6/5/Picture.jpg

Shadowlife25
04-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Hey fellas :)
any updates on this would be great. Also if someone could send me a copy of the forms necessary, that would be awesome.

Thanks again,
Mario

KoreanJoey
04-16-2007, 07:05 PM
You've got mail.

Hiko
04-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Took a little less than two weeks for me to get my wheel bearings. Still no bill yet, it seems.

Shadowlife25
04-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Thank You Joey!!

KoreanJoey
04-17-2007, 02:56 AM
Thank You Joey!!

No problemo.

Trance4c
04-23-2007, 06:14 PM
*sniff* *sniff*.. still nothing... I need those rear control arms.. waaaaaaaaaaaaaa

KoreanJoey
04-23-2007, 08:04 PM
How long has it been now?

Trance4c
04-23-2007, 08:25 PM
How long has it been now?

Over two weeks now, 12 full business days so far.

Playfortoday
04-24-2007, 02:39 PM
I read this whole page, and I really don't want read everything... quick question... do I have to be actively competing to get in? What is the minimum participation requirement?

jason
04-25-2007, 07:18 PM
I've got an issue that I'm hoping somebody can help me with. I want to sign up for the program. I've got the forms, Joey sent them to me yesterday. I'm not currently competing. If everything goes as planned I might be in summer. I just got hit the other day and I need some fenders. I really only need one but I'm going to go with a set of GTS fenders now for the widebody.

1. I read through the forms and it doesn't seem like there's any upfront cost, right? I just supply my cc# for billing of the parts?
2. Do I need to be competing currently to successfully register for this? It doesn't seem like they would have any way to verify whether or not I'm currently racing.
3. If I DO need to be racing currently, is anybody out there willing to have me give them the money to order the fenders and have them shipped to me?

Thanks-

Playfortoday
04-25-2007, 08:52 PM
I read this whole page, and I really don't want read everything... quick question... do I have to be actively competing to get in? What is the minimum participation requirement?

Thanks for answering this. :bigthumbu

Trance4c
04-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks for answering this. :bigthumbu

Its hard to answer.. as I don't necessarily compete, I go to Gainesville International Raceway once a month for an open course test & tune.

So.. even though I'm tracking my car, I haven't seen the parts or a confirmation on my membership.

Exactly where the line is drawn on participation is yet to be seen.

KoreanJoey
04-26-2007, 12:38 PM
I race, I haven't been asked to verify... but I do, it's stated in the paperwork that it IS for people currently involved in motorsport (SCCA/Club Racing).

I don't know what would happen if you weren't a racer and signed up anyways, don't know if they'd find out but I do know you'd be taking advantage of a program setup for people who DO race. *shrug*

I just send people the forms, everything else is up to you guys I guess...

I guess Hiko and I are the only ones who've gotten our stuff?

Playfortoday
04-26-2007, 05:53 PM
I don't know what would happen if you weren't a racer and signed up anyways, don't know if they'd find out but I do know you'd be taking advantage of a program setup for people who DO race. *shrug*

I would race if this fucking car and Toyota itself would stop raping my modifications fund with general and super-expensive shit breaking. Don't work, I don't plan to exploit this program. Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

Luni
04-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Send me info Joey.

Ill race your mom :p

No really tho, send me info, I wanna pine over this, and see whats up. I plan on tracking my MR2, once I actually finish it, and I wanna see what this hullaballoo is all about.

Send it to the email address you have for me on MSN beeottCHH!

kthx

RedCelicaTRD
04-30-2007, 04:14 AM
You don't have to currently be active as far as I know. I have ordered a few parts through this program and my SCCA club hasn't even had there first event yet. I've never been asked to verify membership or give any contact information for anyone but myself. If did take a few weeks for my part to get in, but you need to remember, its three guys that run the parts ordering and they are out of the office every now and then. Just keep it honest, don't try to cheat and you will be ok.

RedCelicaTRD
04-30-2007, 04:17 AM
Oh, and on a side note, I never got a conformation letter or anything like that. My stickers showed up a month or two after I registered and then I ordered some parts.

Trance4c
04-30-2007, 08:22 PM
w00t.. good sign, I got my stickers in the mail today! Lets see if my order comes.

Trance4c
05-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Badass! My rear control arms came! Very nice, I hope everyone signs up for it and just puts something down. I just club sprint on a close course, its not a sanctioned SCCA event or anything, but they do accept it! Anyone with any local or near by events should at least attend and use this service.

Much kudo's to Toyota for doing this!

KoreanJoey
05-02-2007, 05:05 AM
Hurray!

Hiko
05-02-2007, 07:29 PM
http://www.performanceimagery.com/events/scca/29apr07/STS/84/images/070429-0000204031-GP5B3761.jpg

Decals look a little goofy, but hey, saving $70 is nice :)

KoreanJoey
05-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Um... why did you leave the white on "TOYOTA"?

Murgatroy
05-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Makes it more obvious for contingency purposes?

I abhor all the stickers, but for this I might do it. I need to get into some club racing, even though my prefered choice is mountain running.

Hiko
05-06-2007, 05:31 PM
I put the toyota decals on a white background because that was how the magnetic sheet came, and was easiest for me. In short, because I'm lazy :hehe:

KoreanJoey
05-06-2007, 06:43 PM
I need to get into some club racing, even though my prefered choice is mountain running.

www.scca.org

Go check out some hillclimbs.

Did you know that your road racing vehicle likes to get away from the track sometimes? We did. Thatís why SCCA made Hill Climbs the fourth and top level of the Time Trials program. There are no more fences and no more grandstands. Full safety gear is mandatory as itís just you, your car and a mountain road. Hill Climb events are run on paved mountain roads over short distances, and in the true spirit of racing, fast time wins.

rallyst165
05-09-2007, 05:12 AM
I'm very interested in this, could someone send the forms for this to rallyst165@msn.com. Thanks

93cc
05-09-2007, 05:32 AM
Joey, do you think I could get a new rear Diff? Stock or LSD?

Slider
05-09-2007, 07:22 PM
So the "stickers" are actually magnetic? Originally I didn't sign up because I don't want to drive around with those big stickers since my car is a daily driver.

Hiko
05-09-2007, 07:30 PM
No, the stickers are...well, stickers. But you don't need to have them on all the time, so I just stuck them to magnetic sheet so I could put them on at the race, and take them off when I was done.

Slider
05-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Oh I see, that's a good idea. Where'd you get the magnetic sheets?

Hiko
05-09-2007, 10:53 PM
I got the magnetic sheet at hobby lobby, but it kind of sucks. I'd recommend looking at any local sign shop, see if they have any.

KoreanJoey
05-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Joey, do you think I could get a new rear Diff? Stock or LSD?

Probably...

grayscale
11-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Okay I'm sold. Send me the info at cannongts@charter.net if you would please. I do fun runs at Road Atlanta and Atlanta MS every so often so it shouldn't be hard to find a group to get with.

grayscale
11-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Anyone, anyone, Bueller...

cms-gt4
11-28-2007, 05:28 PM
I forgot all about this. I had a friend who used to autox his MR2 and used this to get cheaer parts and all the free trd stickers yo can stand. I think I am going to look into this again.

Can you send the info to iliketoplay@hotmail.com

grayscale
11-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Still waiting...

KoreanJoey
11-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Ummm... again... EMAIL ME!

j.sim@celicatech.com

grayscale
12-01-2007, 01:26 AM
Ummm... again... EMAIL ME!

j.sim@celicatech.com
Done, thanks again:)

KoreanJoey
12-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Ok guys the new year is coming fast and there are new decals and rules for Toyota Motorsports! Email me for info @ j.sim@celicatech.com

KoreanJoey
12-25-2007, 05:29 AM
Damn maybe have to start a new thread...