PDA

View Full Version : Battery = drained

zmile06
01-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Ok thought i would post up another of my numerous problems with my celica. I have actually fixed just about everything on my celica now except for a few...

My problem is my battery seems to die, not every day but often enough to piss me off.

I have a alarm/remote start, with a blinking LED light on the dash.

I also have 900 watt amp 2 400 watt subs.

The LED light blinks when the car is off(but dosent use enough power to drain the whole battery im sure)

My problem is every couple weeks ill try to start my car and it will be dead, not completly dead but enough not to turn over.

Today i had my rear defroster, full heat, and stereo on. To my surprize some of my interior lights were dull, and behold my battery light turned on for about 10 seconds until i started moving my car again.

My battery is a crappy autozone brand battery, and its leaking battery acid out the plugs on top.

Does it sound like a crappy battery or an alternator problem?

And whats a good brand battery to buy? And what size should i get since im running extra equipment?

Thanks

1993 toyota celica ST

Gary
01-23-2007, 05:27 PM
My battery is a crappy autozone brand battery, and its leaking battery acid out the plugs on top.
That's the problem.

hobbie2k
01-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Definitely replace the battery. I'm not sure about brands or sizes (though I'm sure a stock recommended one should work fine, just get a couple capacitors to help out with the hits), but if it's damaged like you say, then replace it ASAFP. You might also have an alternator/regulator issue, but change the battery first the test it again.

NDMstang65
01-23-2007, 05:37 PM
pickup a yellow top and upgrade your ground wires

DarkSideCelica
01-23-2007, 06:54 PM
pickup a yellow top and upgrade your ground wires

optima ftw!! :bigthumbu

your blinking LED light might be the prob too... my friend had tht on his car and it would drain the battery out if i didn't drive for a week

hobbie2k
01-23-2007, 08:06 PM
optima ftw!! :bigthumbu

your blinking LED light might be the prob too... my friend had tht on his car and it would drain the battery out if i didn't drive for a week

A blinking LED uses so little power, though, that it should take years to kill a car battery on it's own...There was probably another issue with the electrics and whatever device the LED was attatched too was just making the problem worse...

KotahGTS
01-23-2007, 08:36 PM
i had the same problem. it just kept dying on me, like every other day it seemed. it turned out the terminals were loose. i need to get new ones, but it's an easy enough fix now.

also, i had the issue of my door lights staying on. so that drained the batt completely, so i had to get jumped. but after driving around for a while i had enough power to start it up again. i just have to make sure my door light stays off now.

if your batt is leaking, i'd definately say to replace it. keep an eye on your terminals as well.

DarkSideCelica
01-23-2007, 08:42 PM
A blinking LED uses so little power, though, that it should take years to kill a car battery on it's own...There was probably another issue with the electrics and whatever device the LED was attatched too was just making the problem worse...

th's what we thought... but after all the trial and error testing, we were 100% sure it was tht... prob my friend was using a bulb instead of a LED