PDA

View Full Version : Heater control lights

daddyo
01-22-2007, 09:04 PM
I have recently soldiered the heater controll module on a 1989 gts. The problem I currently have is there are no lights on the module. But it has not worked in so long I cannot recall what is suppose to illuminate. Any thoughts?

davmac
01-29-2007, 01:39 AM
I assume this is the one with the auto temp control. The whole deal has backlight and buttons light when selected. I had such a lovely controller on an 89 GTS I once owned. I actually bought a new one from a dealer for ~$200. Assuming yours works after resoldering you can gently pry off buttons to reveal small bulbs, but don't know where you would find replacements. You might be able to get a new working controller shipped from a salvage yard try www.car-part.com. Good luck.

.aaron.
01-29-2007, 01:48 AM
bulbs are 15 bucks from toyota
i had a toyota tech help me rip out a tercel tranny and heater control thing last night
i was ripping the thing out for a good 10 mins and after i was done he told me all i really needed was the bulb (prick just wanted to watch me f with it haha)he said its a 3 dollar bulb but theres a little blue condom thing on it to make it green light instead of white so you might beable to find a cheap bulb at radio shack or something and then put the old cover on it if you can take them off
good luck:)

extremeskillz
01-29-2007, 02:21 AM
superbrightleds.com is your source for LED replacement bulbs no matter the size.