PDA

View Full Version : painting my celica, want help with ideas (pics)

lavy_gts
01-21-2007, 05:47 PM
So the new girlfriends dad is big on restoring cars, nothing too special on his accomplishment list, however he does exceptional work.

Anyways, here is my only chance to paint my celica for very good $$$. I think im leaning towards actually getting a paint scheme. Nothing to flashy, definatly no flames.

Something along the lines of this. Obviously this isnt my celica, and to be honest I can't remeber whose it is, I just know its sexy as hell, thanks to the owner of it.

anyways, carve this design up if you like, i took the idea from a chip foose mustang.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/Lavy_gts/lav_gtsnewpaint.jpg

like i said im pretty set on getting a 2 tone paint scheme, so all suggestions of keeping it one colour will quickly be disregarded.

thanks naggers

edit - the colours are not concrete as of yet, but i would like silver, red and black incorporated somehow.

BEAMS
01-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Im not big on the 2 tone paint scheme....
But i do like what u have in the pic.

Cavanagh
01-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Yea i guess if i HAD to get a two tone, I would get the red/black, mabye silver/black silver/blue would looks alright.

lavy_gts
01-22-2007, 03:24 AM
Thank you for both of your replies. And yeah, I was contemplating blue with silver and black, personally i think it might even look better, but seems I won't be doing the door jams, i want to keep some red so it doesnt look to bad...

does anyone think the black should be on top of the pin stripe/red, i see this on talons and integras quite often, I think its just as tasteful. any opinions?

91 celica st
01-22-2007, 03:49 AM
mi phtotchopped my celica awhils back
black on bottem fading to gray on top looked sick

gt4wannabe
01-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Holy crap that Red in the picture IS FREAKING SWEEEEET what kinda red is on that Two TONE?

lavy_gts
01-23-2007, 12:17 AM
that colour red is 6 layers in itself .. I recently purchased adobe sweet with CS2, illustrator, bridge, and image ready.

I manipulated the orignal colours, mixed the channels, changed the sat, hue, darkness, monochromed the original black surface, reversed it... think thats about it?

lavy_gts
01-23-2007, 12:22 AM
mi phtotchopped my celica awhils back
black on bottem fading to gray on top looked sick

dont understand your language sorry?

but that does sound pretty cool.

91 celica st
01-23-2007, 04:52 AM
dont understand your language sorry?

but that does sound pretty cool.
lol

i photochopped my celica and made it black on the bottem fading to gray i used the doorhandle as the middle point

Cavanagh
01-23-2007, 05:04 AM
We DO need a 91 celica st translator....:hehe: just messing with ya.