PDA

View Full Version : windows media player movie of 7th gen celica blitz supercharged 320 hp

RedWing
01-19-2007, 05:54 PM
This windows player movie of 320 Hp blitz supercharged 7th gen celica GTS.

It 3.11 meg download but worth the time.

I play it over and over , to hear & see what my ride could be if I spend $10K on mods. I start saving up for it already.

http://teamsadistic.net/VoodooGTS_BlitzVideo.wmv

Enjoy!!!

Cavanagh
01-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Wow thats sweet as hell, i love that crazy supercharger sound.

RedWing
01-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Iknow, it just too cool.

Now I want to do it to my ride, but I have issues with spending all the $$$ for it.
And where could I find anyone in waterbury ct even know how to install it without screwing up the whole car.

I hear of people start mod their cars , spend lots of $$ and time , then the job dont work out & they end up with expensive busted butt car that sit in backyard & they look at it and shake their heads.

PhillyDRFT
01-20-2007, 12:07 AM
Iknow, it just too cool.

Now I want to do it to my ride, but I have issues with spending all the $$$ for it.
And where could I find anyone in waterbury ct even know how to install it without screwing up the whole car.

I hear of people start mod their cars , spend lots of $$ and time , then the job dont work out & they end up with expensive busted butt car that sit in backyard & they look at it and shake their heads.

Problem is easily solved, don't dive in if you don't know what you're doing. Or unless you have the money to throw at the car for having a C class tech do all the work 3 times over, or pay 3x the price to get an A tech. Sick SC though. I would slay for an engine that nice.

alltracman78
01-20-2007, 12:13 AM
Moving to multimedia forum.

hobbie2k
01-20-2007, 03:05 AM
Iknow, it just too cool.

That's the problem with modifying your car, there's always the risk you'll break it accidentally, or just make the car worse. Unfortunately for you, the 2zzge motor in your car has a very high compression ratio. High compression ratio is bad for forced induction, it has a tendency to blow motors, that's why so few people attempt it with that motor. I read an article about a pro tech who blew up three motors trying to turbocharge his 7th gen Celica.

If you want to modify your Celica without risking blowing it up every time you start it, I'd recommend you start with intake and exhaust systems, then tires and suspension, then maybe make an effort to lighten the car. If you want to do any tuning beyond that I'd aim for mods that will augment your engine's low and mid range. Since you live in a mountainous region and are using the auto tranny, torque will be your friend.

Lagos
01-20-2007, 03:14 AM
im not a big fan of chargers, but that sounds nice.

vip09
01-20-2007, 07:01 PM
That's the problem with modifying your car, there's always the risk you'll break it accidentally, or just make the car worse. Unfortunately for you, the 2zzge motor in your car has a very high compression ratio. High compression ratio is bad for forced induction, it has a tendency to blow motors, that's why so few people attempt it with that motor. I read an article about a pro tech who blew up three motors trying to turbocharge his 7th gen Celica.

If you want to modify your Celica without risking blowing it up every time you start it, I'd recommend you start with intake and exhaust systems, then tires and suspension, then maybe make an effort to lighten the car. If you want to do any tuning beyond that I'd aim for mods that will augment your engine's low and mid range. Since you live in a mountainous region and are using the auto tranny, torque will be your friend.

I don't know who that "pro tech" was, but there are SEVERAL people that have been running turbo kits on their GT-S for 1-2 years with no engine trouble. I don't think your "pro tech" you read about was a "pro tuner". Monkeywrench Racing was putting down 415whp on a stock 2zz-ge with their turbo kit. It was daily driven until the owner took it to the track and turned the boost up 1psi without tuning for it. They encountered some detonation and cracked the ringland on one of the pistons.

Also, that supercharged 7th gen IS NOT putting down 320hp.. try 244whp. It belongs to VoodooTRD at newcelica.org. That car is a SHOW CAR. Here are the performance mods on that car and dyno sheet.

244.8 whp
177.2 tq
mods.
Trial Header
TWM Performance Short Shifter
Optima Yellow Top
Evolution spec custom exhaust
NRG Ground Wire Kit
NRG Innovations Volt Stabalizer
NRG Oil Catch Can
MWR Valves
MWR Valves Springs
MWR Fuel Injectors 440cc
Fidanza Performance Flywheel

http://teamsadistic.smugmug.com/photos/54642693-O.jpg

BlueDragon
01-20-2007, 08:34 PM
it sounds like it revs for like 2 seconds? was that redline??? Maybe im just used to my sluggish reving 5s.... but my car sounds alot like that around 5-7 grand and all i hadda do was mod a 200 amp alternator to fit lol
its funny shit, and ya high comp = blow up with boost, wouldnt be suprised if that guys car is blown by now, if not carefully maintained.... uhh ya

hobbie2k
01-20-2007, 09:06 PM
I don't know who that "pro tech" was, but there are SEVERAL people that have been running turbo kits on their GT-S for 1-2 years with no engine trouble. I don't think your "pro tech" you read about was a "pro tuner". Monkeywrench Racing was putting down 415whp on a stock 2zz-ge with their turbo kit. It was daily driven until the owner took it to the track and turned the boost up 1psi without tuning for it. They encountered some detonation and cracked the ringland on one of the pistons.

...so he goes 1psi over the tune and breaks stuff almost immediately...if 1 measly psi is enough to cause damage to the motor, then it's overboosted in the first place. It would have started breaking shortly after even if he hadn't turned up the boost. Also, the tech I read about was one of the first I'd ever heard of to make a serious effort at boosting a 2zz, this was more than 4 years ago.

415whp on a stock 2zzge bottom end? It's a rare 3sgte can reliably make that much on a stock bottom end, and that motor is designed for boost. If he did actually do it, then I bet he hit it on one or two dyno runs, then turned the boost WAY down for daily driving.

Rix86
01-21-2007, 02:33 AM
Axis engineering blew 3 or 4 1zzfe's in the mr2 spyder turbo.
lots and lots of zz engine blow when boosted.
some from tuning, some from being what they are.

I have a brand new 1zz shortblock, who wants to buy it?

vip09
01-21-2007, 05:41 AM
...so he goes 1psi over the tune and breaks stuff almost immediately...if 1 measly psi is enough to cause damage to the motor, then it's overboosted in the first place. It would have started breaking shortly after even if he hadn't turned up the boost. Also, the tech I read about was one of the first I'd ever heard of to make a serious effort at boosting a 2zz, this was more than 4 years ago.

415whp on a stock 2zzge bottom end? It's a rare 3sgte can reliably make that much on a stock bottom end, and that motor is designed for boost. If he did actually do it, then I bet he hit it on one or two dyno runs, then turned the boost WAY down for daily driving.

Nope, it was running 16psi daily until the boost was turned up at the drag strip. This was also on 93 octane pump gas.

It ran 11.98 @ 122.7mph.. not bad for a stock engine celica gt-s.

http://monkeywrenchracing.com/images/Dyno/mwrcelica412whp.jpg

Specs:

MWR manifold and pipes

Garrett GT3071R turbo

Large MWR FMIC

GReddy Type RS BOV

MWR 630cc injectors

MWR 255lph fuel pump

Power FC standalone ECU

Performance:

412hp at the wheels @ 16psi

273ft-lb at the wheels @ 16psi