PDA

View Full Version : How Many 2000--2005 Celi-gt-S owners here??? Post in on this thread.

RedWing
01-18-2007, 09:35 PM
I asked a question on the forum a couple of days ago about a 2004 celi-gts
and was refered to the 7th generation sub forum , so I went there and except of some stickys about teck info (glad they are there,BTY) no a single post.

So I was wondering how many 7th generation owners are here. Drop a post on this thread and then we will have some idea of at least those that answer
this post.

BTW -newcelica.org board still down.
I'm suprised you have not seen more guys from there come here, but then, maybe they did and I don't know about it.

22degrees out & snowing. I went to Ct. dept mv to turn in my temp plates and get my metal ones & it too damn cold and wet to even screw the plates on.

I wait 4 tomorrow to do it. Maybe it stop snowing and warm up. This first snow we have in CT all winter. I think we broke 3 or 4 --records going back 200 years for not having any snow and being the warmest winter ever on record. Just last week it was 72 degrees out in Jan. in New England.

Big shock to the body to go from 72deg several days last week to 8 degrees last night. You got to work up to that kind of cold slowly to thicken your blood to it.

Not get wacked up the side of the head by it when your blood is all thinned out and used to 72deg.

Now I have to go out to the wood pile and bring in a wheelbarrel of firewood.

:ugh:

extremeskillz
01-19-2007, 01:21 PM
i guess to answer your question is "NO ONE"!!! :hehe:

hobbie2k
01-19-2007, 02:30 PM
There are a few...they just don't hang out in General or OT very much...try the 7th gen specific forum...

2kSnakEater
01-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Redwing you could be our ambasador on the other forums! let them know that this site NEVER goes down and we are the best. Luni has a 7th gen GTS, I kinda wanted one.

RedWing
01-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Worth checking out. Now lets see if I can upload it.

This windows player movie of voodoo celica gtx supercharged putting out 320 whp. I hope it uploads.

I send the bites ,3,185k,
but where did it go???

vip09
01-21-2007, 07:52 AM
I have an '01 GT-S. Normally if anyone needs any 7th gen info on this forum I provide it... I also end up defending the 7th gen as most of the people on this forum have a grudge against it, but I don't know why.

andy
01-22-2007, 12:01 AM
because they are slow, hehe j/k :wiggle:

Cavanagh
01-22-2007, 12:07 AM
I have an '01 GT-S. Normally if anyone needs any 7th gen info on this forum I provide it... I also end up defending the 7th gen as most of the people on this forum have a grudge against it, but I don't know why.
Yea, i its weird, they really do. I like 7th gens and dont have a problem with them. I sure woulndt mind rocking a 7th gen GT-S 6Spd.

celicatrd93
01-22-2007, 01:19 AM
buddy of mine just sold his civic and purchased a 02 gt-s and he is a member here also. he has some bolt ons ıntake headers hks catback it goes really nice i would want one myself. really nice car too bad no more being made in the u.s that sucks. in the end its a toyota celica too. just newer. a true celica lover would love every style celica no matter what....

GT4SOM
01-22-2007, 08:09 AM
Welcome aboard. I don't think theres too many 7th gen owners. Whats funny though is the few that own 7th gens also own some other generation celica.

Hookecho
01-22-2007, 01:53 PM
most 7th gens i see are driven by women.

hobbie2k
01-22-2007, 02:44 PM
I actually see a fair number of 7th gens on the streets of Minneapolis, as many, if not more than, 5th and 6th gens. But none seem to make it to this site. Why, just this morning there was one weaving in and out of lanes and using exit lanes to force their way an extra two cars ahead.... :rolleyes: He also followed my wife and I into the carpool lane despite being alone...That irks me to no end.

Idiot Stick
01-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Hobbie, my boy. Can't you see? He's driving a race car! Duh! He can do what he wants!

:lol:

BEAMS
01-22-2007, 04:33 PM
I think they are great cars and would buy a 7th GTS my self if my current celica wasnt so dam reliable.

hobbie2k
01-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Hobbie, my boy. Can't you see? He's driving a race car! Duh! He can do what he wants!

:lol:

Idiot --> :slap: <--Me

hyoctane
01-22-2007, 05:46 PM
I have an '01 ZZT231 6 speed... It seems to me that the 7th gen crowd on any Celica based message board is pretty thin (with exception to nc.org.) I love my car and I don't understand why there is a bias against it, even with non-Celica owners... But to each is his own.

I rarely drop in the 7th gen forums -- as with many of us.

nuclearhappines
01-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Luni has a 2002? Red GT

He also used to own a GTS way back in the day, and sold it for his mr-duece.

Our forum host GMage owned a 2002 GTS that ran a 13.8 1/4 (intake,header,exhaust,SAFC, rims, CF hood, suspension mods...etc) ...but he sold it and bought a supra... i think he just sold a supra and has a volvo now

the 7th gen owners are around, they're just not very active on here for some reason

vip09
01-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Our forum host GMage owned a 2002 GTS that ran a 13.8 1/4 (intake,header,exhaust,SAFC, rims, CF hood, suspension mods...etc) ...but he sold it and bought a supra... i think he just sold a supra and has a volvo now

the 7th gen owners are around, they're just not very active on here for some reason

Can you link me to that track time? I seriously doubt an '02 GTS ran a 13.8 without a Power FC. The '02 and '05 are the slowest 7th gens because of the lower rev limiter. SAFC doesn't even work on a 7th gen...

The 7th gen crowd isn't very active on here because newcelica.org is the holy grail of technical information for the 7th gen.. hence why most of the 7th gen owners on this board also own another gen celica.

celicatrd93
01-22-2007, 07:24 PM
vipo9 is right, have you checked out newcelica.org there is almost 3-4 times as many members then us, go check some of the members rides out then tell me if you do not like new celica, if you don't then i don't know what to tell you, if i did not have a older celica i would purchase a 7th gen tomorrow.

Dustin Hines
11-09-2008, 03:40 AM
having a (2000) GT doesn't count, really, so I myob. sad but true, I do see mostly chicks (at least they were chicks 10 years or so ago) driving these cars. I don't care I still like em, after the rims and dark tints, etc.