PDA

View Full Version : Celica vs. Neon

zak062
01-17-2007, 04:26 AM
Vid. of my 90 Celica GT-S vs. a 97 Dodge Neon.

Enjoy
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JnWatwssRM4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JnWatwssRM4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

*Note- I was having major traction issues in first and second.

burnyd
01-17-2007, 04:32 AM
you are going on my ignore list

kthanksbye

zak062
01-17-2007, 04:40 AM
why?

91 celica st
01-17-2007, 06:23 AM
battle of the 17 second cars

BEAMS
01-17-2007, 06:25 AM
You guys are lucky some old lady didnt pull out in front of you. At least find a track or something other then a public road.

ciento44
01-17-2007, 07:24 AM
Ya'all don't want none of teh GT.

zak062
01-17-2007, 03:39 PM
I guess i am lucky some old lady didn't pull out infront of us. This vid is just to show how a celica with a ram air compares to a neon.

17 seconds.....yea probobly true, lol.

ciento44
01-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Was the neon auto or manual?

StylusGuy1
01-17-2007, 05:04 PM
How much slower could you guys have gone? The chase car almost overtook you!

What that video needed was a police cruiser busting you at the end...

Neons with altezzas = :laugh:

zak062
01-17-2007, 05:08 PM
neon was manual.

I hit well over 100, the chase car was a 05 mustang gt. Thats why it almost overtook us.

ciento44
01-17-2007, 05:31 PM
neon was manual.

I hit well over 100, the chase car was a 05 mustang gt. Thats why it almost overtook us.

He must not be a good driver... (Neon.) That car should have ripped you a new one.

extremeskillz
01-17-2007, 06:49 PM
So who won? Im thinking celica but can't tell from the shitty video! :hehe:

burnyd
01-17-2007, 06:52 PM
sorry I fell asleep watching this vid

andy
01-17-2007, 07:00 PM
I couldnt tell when it actually started.

Idiot Stick
01-17-2007, 07:16 PM
sorry I fell asleep watching this vid
Where they still going when you woke up?

evolution
01-17-2007, 07:30 PM
was that blue smoke coming out of your car?

zak062
01-17-2007, 08:10 PM
The neons a fine driver, my celica just kicks ass. My celica pulled through and won. That was not blue smoke comming from my car, its just the shitty video. Im gonna post a better one when i get a better camera. The one used was a piece a shit.

The video started as soon as i launched. He should of started it earlier, but then it stoped recording if you didn't notice. I got a good car length ahead after the vid stoped.

KoreanJoey
01-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Where they still going when you woke up?
:laugh: :laugh:

Cavanagh
01-17-2007, 10:00 PM
The only thing i could hear was the Mustang hehe

burnyd
01-18-2007, 06:49 AM
this is definately worse thread of 07

Chris
01-18-2007, 07:29 AM
He must not be a good driver... (Neon.) That car should have ripped you a new one.

Neon's, the SXT's aren't all that fast when compared to a 2.2 Celica.

Murgatroy
01-18-2007, 08:00 PM
We don't support street racing here at Celicatech. As a matter of fact this thread and the video link should be turned over to your local law enforcement authorities.

Only you can prevent being a dumbass.

vip09
01-18-2007, 08:24 PM
We don't support street racing here at Celicatech. As a matter of fact this thread and the video link should be turned over to your local law enforcement authorities.

Only you can prevent being a dumbass.

I wouldn't support street racing either if I were driving an n/a 1st-6th gen celica. What's the point?

T-spoon
01-18-2007, 08:38 PM
I wouldn't support street racing either if I were driving an n/a 1st-6th gen celica. What's the point?

Let's be fair here, most NA 7th gens aren't worth street racing either. But then define what is worth it? At least cars with a lot less power tend to be easier to handle with less skill. Both being slow FWD was probably a good thing with that much snow/ice nearby.

Murgatroy
01-18-2007, 09:55 PM
I race on a track.

I race on a track because then if the person in the lane next to me, or myself fuck up, there are EMTs to pull me out of my car and make sure I am still breathing.

I race on a track because I don't have to worry about some girl talking on her cellphone pulling out in front of me.

I race on a track because I don't have to worry about Jonny Law pulling me over for speeding.

I race on a track because I am not a dumbass.

I have gone over this time and time again, there have been countless threads regarding this, and in the end, we decided that we would self police as long as the thread wasn't completely ignorant.

This thread was completely ignorant.

If you feel like arguing about the whole Street Racing versus Not Street Racing, take is up in this thread that is from when this first came up. It covers both sides and points and maybe you too will understand why we don't support it.

http://celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9134&highlight=Banning

2kSnakEater
01-18-2007, 09:58 PM
and why isnt Murg the mod of this forum?

Murgatroy
01-18-2007, 10:18 PM
It was discussed and decided in the end that it would not be productive to put a Nazi in charge of this forum. Sean does a good job in here, and it is not active enough to warrant two mods.

Because of my views on street racing it was felt that my feelings would override my judgement and I would lock almost all the threads.

And I would.

zak062
01-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Murg, i read your previous post and the topic linked in it. I now understand why you do not condon street racing. I understand your reasoning & i understand why you want it banned from the forums. But this is a public forum and you yourself are believe in freedom of speech.

When i made that video, i went down that street before hand to make sure nothings would cause a problem. I made sure a friend blocked the entrance for that 30 seconds. That steet had a 50 mph limit and did not have any residantal property off of it. You see houses in there but they are a ways away.

The majority of people have/has street raced one way or another.

celicatrd93
01-18-2007, 11:20 PM
sorry to say i had a 1991 gts and i raced a 1998 gsr vtec and i beat him one car in third i hit 110. if you have a hard time beating a neon your car needs rebuılt or clutch because gt-gts are pretty quick 2.2 if you know how to drive it. they have 140-145 torque and gsr has about 140-150 torque and neon has come own on 100-120 torque 2.0. thınk about it but good luck get it fixed up its a nice car.

zak062
01-18-2007, 11:27 PM
sorry to say i had a 1991 gts and i raced a 1998 gsr vtec and i beat him one car in third i hit 110. if you have a hard time beating a neon your car needs rebuılt or clutch because gt-gts are pretty quick 2.2 if you know how to drive it. they have 140-145 torque and gsr has about 140-150 torque and neon has come own on 100-120 torque 2.0. thınk about it but good luck get it fixed up its a nice car.

thx, my clutch isn't the best. Its still the original. My motor isn't the best with 193k miles on it. Thats proboly why i had so much trouble beating him.

Fuelish
01-19-2007, 01:05 AM
Because of my views on street racing it was felt that my feelings would override my judgement and I would lock almost all the threads.

And I would. And I'd support you in your lockings ;) Street racing is for fools, plain and simple. Now, "spirited" solo driving on Tennessee back-country/mountain roads may warrant a different opinion, as solo drivin' ain't no "race " ;) :cool:

andy
01-19-2007, 03:18 AM

There is no way a N/A gts 5sfe beat anything with a b18c1 im sorry. Also third gear at redline is 86mph, you can consult your owners manual for this. Please stop posting BS. PS your 91 gts has 130hp and 140ftlbs the Gsr has 175hp and a 128lbft. so uh yeah. you are incredibly misinformed.

andy
01-19-2007, 03:23 AM
GSR info

http://www.edmunds.com/used/1998/acura/integra/13216/specs.html

BlueDragon
01-19-2007, 04:27 AM
all the hate... oh the hate...
I might be more inclined to agree with murg if i could race more then 2 or 3 times legaly in a year... and if retarded honda morons wouldnt try to race me daily.
But ya street conditions are unpredictable even when your driving normal, if your a good driver just pushing your little 5sfe to the limit isnt very dangerous to me, given no heavy traffic residential area etc yadda... Specialy on a 2 lane divided road, looks decently safe a race to me. So nice vid hope you drive safe and keep outa tickets.

burnyd
01-19-2007, 05:22 AM
this makes celica owners look bad... lets be honest here... Na celicas racing is prolly the lamest thing ever. Unless you really have a fast car street racing is like ughh well pretty weaksauce...

I do agree with murg on a level about street racing... theres one location here in pittsburgh where I live where we pretty much get chased by the cops every night in the summer. But its a abandon highway... where its blocked off at oe end so there is no through traffic. There has only been one accident in the past like 7 years... do I promote street racing still .... no. Is this a video fo street racing no.. is street racing two cars roll racing that together do not put down 200whp... absolutely not.

ciento44
01-19-2007, 05:45 AM

Ermmmm..... No. To all of it.

burnyd
01-19-2007, 05:52 AM

:lolhittin :thumbsdow :brick: :wtf:

91 celica st
01-19-2007, 09:56 AM
dude i beat a viper inm my stock st

true story

andy
01-19-2007, 05:09 PM
dood, i did too, but i had to spray a 500 shot of NAWzzzzz, to beat him by 50 cars.

celicatrd93
01-19-2007, 05:27 PM
what do you mean stop bs. how do you know why would i lıe. and look at the torque dıfferences. i beat him off the 15 punch and third gear hıts more then 86 ıf yours does your car has a problem. so don,t tell me what i beat and what i didnt beat. watch you you are tellıng they bull shıtıng. why would ı lıe. ıt doesnt matter i dont have to impress nobody i know what i beat also he had some wheels on the car which made him a lıttle slower. ıf you can not beat ıntegras you have a problem driving or your car has problems also the celica has 200k mıles. ı sold the car to my buddy and he stıll drıves ıt no problem ok andy10899

burnyd
01-19-2007, 06:06 PM
what do you mean stop bs. how do you know why would i lıe. and look at the torque dıfferences. i beat him off the 15 punch and third gear hıts more then 86 ıf yours does your car has a problem. so don,t tell me what i beat and what i didnt beat. watch you you are tellıng they bull shıtıng. why would ı lıe. ıt doesnt matter i dont have to impress nobody i know what i beat also he had some wheels on the car which made him a lıttle slower. ıf you can not beat ıntegras you have a problem driving or your car has problems also the celica has 200k mıles. ı sold the car to my buddy and he stıll drıves ıt no problem ok andy10899

holy grammar!!!!!

andy
01-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Im not doubting the integrity of your car, I also had 200k on my 5s and it ran great. Im telling you with what you listed, stock for stock. the integra will beat you hands down. The specs on both cars prove this. Also there arnt any problems with my car. It now has a 3sgte in it. and unless your way overevving your engine you cant get to 90 something in third, apart from having larger than stock rims.

zak062
01-19-2007, 06:10 PM
i might of believed you celicatrd if you didnt' seem act like you where 10. The way you phased & spelled that last post lead me to believe you can barly see over the steering wheel.

I would also like to point out the fact that my job is to deliver pizza. Now to some people that doesn't matter but think about the fact that i easily work 40 hours a week & i drive 90% of the time. I've been doing that for 5 months now, think about how much experiance i have behind the wheel before you judge my driving skills.

Thx for the props bluedragon.

celicatrd93
01-19-2007, 06:21 PM
so what about my grammer ı lıved ın amerıca for 5 years. you can stıll understand ıt rıght. i know a gsr b18c1 could beat me but off a 15 punch to 100 ı took hım ı really dont care of what you goes think. i am actıng lıke i am ten why dont you go check out my celica pızza boy then we see who acts lıke they ten. and plus i am sayıng a ıntegra will beat me but if you know the right gears and how to drive you can get him 5sfe is not that slow you goes act lıke a gsr is all that. you can not even beat a shitty neon thats smoking oil how about that. look who ıs talkıng check your grammer too zak

burnyd
01-19-2007, 06:34 PM
^^ I thik its time for the fast and the furious quotes.

andy
01-19-2007, 06:41 PM
5SFE IS that slow. You have no idea what your talking about. The B18c1 is a much better "performance" engine. Also a few periods wouldnt hurt your cause.

for sir burnyD
"Not a bad way to spend 10000" <==ff quote

celicatrd93
01-19-2007, 06:44 PM
also i have raced stock integras with a 4afe and they beat me in third gear. so it is posibble for 5sfe to compete with gsr i am not saying will beat them but they will compete with them. and when i said i hit 110 that was in 4th gear. duh not in third any way this thread is for zaks gts barely keeping up with neon. makes us celicas look bad just because he can not beat a neon does not mean all celicas are slow you guys have no faith in celicas everybody is thinkıng a gsr is super fast. come on and before any body makes fun of my spelling go look at all of your posts nobody is prefect.

vip09
01-19-2007, 06:48 PM
GSR= mid 15's
5th and 6th gen Celica GT = deep 16's

End of story. Have a nice day.

andy
01-19-2007, 06:53 PM
You have that wrong, stock for stock, the gsr is faster, much faster than any stock 5sfe celica. But arnt incrediably fast, for instance my brother has a 93 civic hatch with a b18c1 and he can barely keep up with my swap. All celicas arnt slow, just most with a 5s or 4a. Pressure2's celica is proof that a modded 5s can be quite fast. But usually to get a moderatly fast celica an engine swap must be performed or some sort of forced induction. A 4afe is worse than a 5s in terms of performance (although both enigines are labled as "economy engines") but a result is good gas milage. In conclusion if you can keep up with a "gsr" someone has lied to you about there car or the cannot drive, at all.

celicatrd93
01-19-2007, 06:56 PM
i raced stock integras with a 4afe and they beat me in third gear. so 5sfe can compete with gsr i am not saying they can beat them but they can compete with them. why is everybody acting like a gsr is super fast nobody has faith in celica here. and when i said i hıt 110 it was in fourth.duh not third. any way this thread is about zaks gts barely beating a junk neon. just because his celica cant not beat a neon does not mean all 5sfe are slow. and before any body starts making fun of my spelling look and everybodys posts seems like nobody is prefect. sorry guys i am not trying to fight i agree but you guys are acting like i said i beat a mustang gt it only a gsr. and why would i lie there is no point. so guys i am not looking to argue.

celicatrd93
01-19-2007, 07:06 PM
i know my cars. he also had wheels which made him slower and he knows how to drive. you guys most not understand when i said i beat him at 10-15 punch to a 100 thats all not a full race. they are shitty engines but not that slow.its fine you guys think gsr is superrrrr fast.go ahead and th.ink that

celicatrd93
01-19-2007, 07:15 PM
lets just drop it you guys just want to hear gsr is faster then it is faster but i am stıll not lieing. who cares anyway nobody owns a gsr here. who give a shit about gsr. if it so fast why did you guys buy a celica go buy a gsr if it is super fast

burnyd
01-19-2007, 08:41 PM
your arguing about two vehicles that make 200whp combined...... worse thread evar

andy
01-19-2007, 08:51 PM
indeed.

Hookecho
01-19-2007, 10:04 PM
look goes, you goes are getting celicaturd all worked up. you goes are the craziest goes i know!

T-spoon
01-19-2007, 10:30 PM
so what about my grammer ı lıved ın amerıca for 5 years. you can stıll understand ıt rıght. i know a gsr b18c1 could beat me but off a 15 punch to 100 ı took hım ı really dont care of what you goes think. i am actıng lıke i am ten why dont you go check out my celica pızza boy then we see who acts lıke they ten. and plus i am sayıng a ıntegra will beat me but if you know the right gears and how to drive you can get him 5sfe is not that slow you goes act lıke a gsr is all that. you can not even beat a shitty neon thats smoking oil how about that. look who ıs talkıng check your grammer too zak

No. No. Also....

No. Have a nice day. :wedge:

zak062
01-19-2007, 10:33 PM
i am actıng lıke i am ten why dont you go check out my celica pızza boy then we see who acts lıke they ten. a you can not even beat a shitty neon thats smoking oil how about that.

How is being a pizza boy acting like 10, im getting about 15 dollars an hours. I need that money for college, so how is that immature? Thats not smoke coming out of the cars dip shit, thats how crapy the camera was. O, and by the way, my spelling may be off a little, but at least i can phase a sentance right.

BTW, the neon had the D4RE engine. DOHC with 150 hp and 133 ft·lbf. Thats more than a celica with a 5sfe

2kSnakEater
01-19-2007, 10:44 PM
no way a Celica ST beat a GSR

celicatrd93
01-19-2007, 11:15 PM
look guys i am not looking to argue with anybody alright i am wrong you guys are right ok you guys know everything. sorry and hey hookecho celicaturd whats you deal with me you have a problem or something let me know. we are arguing over nothing guys who cares about what car is faster lets just worry about our own car.
and hookecho dont even start with me .

BlueDragon
01-19-2007, 11:36 PM
didnt know we had so many honda loyalists here either... I think racing slow cars is safer, not to mention how funny it is to beat some stupid honda kid with fake nos stickers and 20 inch chrome dubs with a NA old ass celica. Thats all I have to say, and if u guys knew more honda owners you would know what shity drivers and total knobs they usualy are.

oh ps... F the GSR and there B series.
Honda Hate forever
lol

Hookecho
01-19-2007, 11:41 PM
look guys i am not looking to argue with anybody alright i am wrong you guys are right ok you guys know everything. sorry and hey hookecho celicaturd whats you deal with me you have a problem or something let me know. we are arguing over nothing guys who cares about what car is faster lets just worry about our own car.
and hookecho dont even start with me .

that made me lol! :laugh:

91 celica st
01-20-2007, 12:13 AM
GSR= mid 15's
5th and 6th gen Celica GT = deep 16's

End of story. Have a nice day.
i hit a 15.9 in my st i/h/e 16 btc stripped weighed 2350 with me in it
he could beat a gsr in a 5sfe from a roll i have beatn one starting in 2nd (as was ) from a roll and hes not a shitty driver. the powerband on the b18 blows, not to mention it weighs around 2850 stock

91 celica st
01-20-2007, 12:14 AM
no way a Celica ST beat a GSR
read above

an st can beat a gsr from a roll. not from a dig
do i think he beat one? no

andy
01-20-2007, 01:15 AM
taken from edmunds.com

4afe specs in a 91 celica ST
Base Number of Cylinders: 4 Base Engine Size: 1.6 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline 4 Horsepower: 103 hp
Max Horsepower: 6000 rpm Torque: 102 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 3200 rpm Drive Type: FWD

b18c1 specs in a 98gsr
Acceleration (0-60 mph): 7.1 sec. Braking Distance (60-0 mph): 122 ft.
Road Holding Index: .87 g Base Number of Cylinders: 4
Base Engine Size: 1.8 liters Base Engine Type: Inline 4
Horsepower: 170 hp Max Horsepower: 7600 rpm
Torque: 128 ft-lbs. Max Torque: 6200 rpm
Drive Type: FWD Turning Circle: 34.8 ft.

5sfe 91 celica GT
Base Number of Cylinders: 4 Base Engine Size: 2.2 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline 4 Horsepower: 130 hp
Max Horsepower: 5400 rpm Torque: 140 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4400 rpm Drive Type: FWD
Turning Circle: 36.1 ft.

please pick a winner.

Murgatroy
01-20-2007, 05:25 AM
This thread is on the fast track to being locked.

zak062
01-20-2007, 05:50 AM
This thread is on the fast track to being locked.

Why is that, i dont see anything that violates the terms.

sloceli
01-20-2007, 06:01 AM
A few things. I don't know why all of you have to hate on Honda all the time. Grow the fuck up. Honda has produced and shipped more tuner cars in the last 9 years than Toyota has. Just because there are few "ricers" (Honda boys with fart cans on their stock civic) doesn't mean that Honda doesn't make a great car. With that said on to the locking.

We here at Celicatech let a lot of things slide. For the most part we are not Nazi's. We do not condone street racing. We all know and we all do it BUT this is not the place to post/talk about it.

Blackcloud
01-20-2007, 09:58 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00004SQKO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg