PDA

View Full Version : air flow problem

zmile06
01-16-2007, 12:42 PM
So after i replaced my heater core(it had a leak by the tubes i just had it hard sodiered). Oh and advanced auto parts sent me the wrong heater core so hats off to those jerks.

I dont get air out of my dash vents, the defroster vents work fine, but my dash vents in the middle and sides dont work. Got any idea what i might have done wrong guys? Oh and it wissles a little lol.

amx
01-16-2007, 11:48 PM
Did you get the ready-aire heater core? $60 or whatever, looks like this (http://studentpages.scad.edu/~jsmith50/celica/twocores.JPG)?
If so that's the same one I got and there's no effing way the thing fits. What gets me is that's the same part sold on like every other site. I checked about 5 of them.

Best thing I can think on the vents is to make sure all the ducts are lined up exactly right. I didn't take my whole dash out when I pulled my heater core, but I had blowing problems in the past when the defroster duct wasn't aligned properly.

zmile06
01-17-2007, 03:55 AM
Ya exactly like that, im going to go down to advanced and give them the online reciept and ask for my money back.

Is the defroster duct the plastic piece that sits on top of the heater box?

I'm just pissed people cant sell the right products this is stupid.

RedWing
01-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Yes, heater core replacement nasty job. I just finished doing one on my 87 olds cutlass ceria paid 24.99 for a new core. When I asked my mechanic to install it 4 me ,
he ran away screaming , I dont do that anymore, ever again, not even for 600.oo

So,I spend 1 hr a day 4 the next week, playing at it & finally get it done, but now ,I'm always looking down at my shoes for some reason.
Probably has something to do with spending too much time upside down under dash.

amx
01-18-2007, 07:12 AM
Yeah, that's the defroster duct. I think it's white, kinda sits on top and back of the heater box. Check the other ducts too. There's the big grey one behind the center register and the heater register ducts behind the passenger side dash.

I called partsamerica and they said the aftermarket core is actually a universal part and the one for our cars is the $150 one, of course. Nice of them to mention that on the website...

Ya exactly like that, im going to go down to advanced and give them the online reciept and ask for my money back.

Is the defroster duct the plastic piece that sits on top of the heater box?

I'm just pissed people cant sell the right products this is stupid.