PDA

View Full Version : Which tires?

Ajilon
01-15-2007, 03:25 AM
So I brought my vert out today. Great day for it too. It's been a little while since I've REALLY driven the car. It's been sitting in my garage under a cover (smells like it too! UGH). I noticed that I'm about in need of new tires, not because of wear, because of age. I noticed a little dryrotting. Bummer. I have BFGoodrich g-sport 205/40/17 on now. Since Snake is shaving my bank account this month for his 90 celi, I can't afford to replace them with the same. Are there any others out there that'll give me the same performance at a lower cost? Raking out another $800 this month in tires ain't a happening.

Thanks
Ajilon

Futant3
01-15-2007, 07:21 AM
Well I've got the Firestone Wide Oval 205/40/17 on my vert and they have been great. Though they were $600-$800 tires, if you do some searching you should be able to get them for cheaper. I got an awesome discount at tirerack.com and paid about $250 for mine.

So jealous that you got to drive yours today. Mine is outside covered with a tarp to protect it from all the sleet/freezing rain we've been getting. :thumbsdow

Ajilon
01-15-2007, 01:37 PM
yeah. it was like damn near 80 yesterday. We're supposed to get some colder weather moving in today sometime, so I figured it was my last chance to drive it for a while. I hate having to put it up. Compared to everything else I have laying around here, it's the most fun to drive. I love the looks people give me. It's been lowered and sounds tough as hell. If they only knew!

I got my Fittipaldi 5 spokes from tirerack. I'm not even going to mention how much I have into them. I bought 5 of them because I wanted a spare just in case!

In cleaning out my garage yesterday I managed to locate an extra tonuea cover for the top. I don't even remember buying that. What the hell would I need 2 for? *sigh* Ebay!

2kSnakEater
01-15-2007, 01:59 PM
NOOOOO!!!! I NEED THAT TONUEA COVER! is it the factory one? Iv been trying to track one down for my wife's Vert with no luck!

and post up engine specs, unless your pushing 300-400hp those 205 should be just fine.

Also, I got some used tires put on the GTS but the only one my buddy had were Pirelli P6 and they were $$, so maybe we could trade the cover for the cost of these tires?

oh and this is the only place I get my tires from:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do

KoreanJoey
01-15-2007, 02:04 PM
www.edgeracing.com has some pretty good deals on tires, there and like they said, www.tirerack.com would be the places I'd check.

Gary
01-15-2007, 02:48 PM
discounttiredirect.com has 205/40/17 Falken Ziex ZE 512 W-rated for $62 each, shipping included. I have these on my V6 Solara. They are pretty good except thread life. If you don't drive your car much, these are perfect.

They also have the BF Goodrich g-Force in the same size for $82 included shipping.

Ajilon
01-15-2007, 02:49 PM
NOOOOO!!!! I NEED THAT TONUEA COVER! is it the factory one? Iv been trying to track one down for my wife's Vert with no luck!

As I remember, they're QUITE difficult to find. That may explain why I have 2. I have so much crap in my garage that I don't even know what I have anymore.

and post up engine specs, unless your pushing 300-400hp those 205 should be just fine.

No way am I pushing that. I just want something that will weather better than the ones I have. I have about 70% tread, but they're starting to dryrot some. I only need 3 since I have a spare that's never been mounted on my garage wall.

Also, I got some used tires put on the GTS but the only one my buddy had were Pirelli P6 and they were $$, so maybe we could trade the cover for the cost of these tires?

Hmm we can work something out, but I'm pretty sure the value of a factory Tonuea cover in good condition is slightly higher than the cost of 2 used pirelli's. :hehe:

2kSnakEater
01-15-2007, 03:59 PM
mmm, if you spray some tire shine on the tires it should keep the tires from dry roting. That reminds me, I need to spray the All-Trac's tire down with that stuff.

Im about to sell my body on the street corner im so broke, so lets please keep the working out to cost as few $$ as posible.

Ajilon
01-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Im about to sell my body on the street corner im so broke, so lets please keep the working out to cost as few $$ as posible.

Hmmm.... now that makes me wonder just how much I can get for your body?
I'll do my best, but do me the justice of not taking me across. I can hold it for you till you have some extra $$ too. I have no probs with that.

2kSnakEater
01-15-2007, 04:36 PM
my body? lol, I think $10 would be generous.

well, as much as it would be nice to get a tonue cover for my wife's car it will have to wait. I wont have any extra money for at least a few months. I need about $400 +/- for the Trans Am and probably $3,000 for the All-Trac witch I want done asap.

DarkSideCelica
01-15-2007, 06:35 PM
falken ziex are the best bang for the buck imo... hankook ain't bad either

Futant3
01-15-2007, 10:58 PM
I'd be definitely talking about that cover if I hadn't already bought one off ebay before christmas for $96 including shipping and insurance, and mint condition.

If you do put it up on ebay make sure you take very good pics and have a well written description. I've seen them swing from $150-$400 just on the ad quality.

85gtsblackman
01-16-2007, 01:59 AM
put these on a friends modded v6 tiburon 2 weeks ago, they grip like a mofo

yokos (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVID+H4S&partnum=14HR7H4S&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=26)