PDA

View Full Version : Honda Forums...arrgh

Cavanagh
01-09-2007, 06:03 AM
Now, im not going to name the forum, but i asked a simple question on one for my friend in relavance to swapping. 1st, i did a quick search, couldnt find it, so i made a thread, 5 min. later. i got a response: "this has been covered many times do a search" and locked my thread. So i PM the dude who locked it and told him that i did. He said that if i searched hard enough, it's there.I JUST SEARCHED! :wtf: then he added: "there IS other honda sites if you do not like this one" :brick: Almost 90% of the threads there were closed saying the same thing. :hehe: mmmmm no forum is like C-Tech. :Ban1:

david in germany
01-09-2007, 06:21 AM
Locking thread.. We have been loved enough...
Do a search.
"Ctech love"
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=201667

;)
:bowdown:

burnyd
01-09-2007, 06:30 AM
could of asked on pittspeed theres tons of honda people there

mtp_69_i
01-09-2007, 06:37 AM
can we lock this shite? :evfinger:

please?

91 celica st
01-09-2007, 09:04 AM
thoruhgout the years i have built a general consesnsus that most poeple on honda the average iq for poeple on honda forums is 50. the only reason why i state it taht high is becuase u get those occasional few who arent stupid assholes

Idiot Stick
01-09-2007, 10:31 AM
thoruhgout the years i have built a general consesnsus that most poeple on honda the average iq for poeple on honda forums is 50. the only reason why i state it taht high is becuase u get those occasional few who arent stupid assholes

I like to say that the IQ of a honda owner is about the same as their Torque.

But thats just me ;)

NDMstang65
01-09-2007, 02:21 PM

But thats just me ;)

:laugh: :D

hobbie2k
01-09-2007, 02:35 PM

But thats just me ;)

161?

DarkSideCelica
01-09-2007, 05:39 PM

But thats just me ;)

:squint: okayyy...

anyways, which forum did u go to? lots of them are messed up, but there are some good ones... try everything-honda dot com..... lots of swapped and boosted cars on there

Cavanagh
01-09-2007, 09:36 PM
www.preludepower.com

Hookecho
01-09-2007, 10:32 PM
damn, they have as many locked threads as they do open.

DarkSideCelica
01-09-2007, 10:35 PM
never heard of tht one.... prob a ricer forum for all i care... check out the link i gave earlier

VikingJZ
01-09-2007, 11:02 PM
I have a friend that has a Prelude and is on Prelude Power. He showed me some forums and it's amazing how dumb people are on there. I mean, there are dumb people on every forum.

BUT DAMN!

ciento44
01-10-2007, 12:14 AM
The issue, much as i hate to make stereotypes about cars/owners, is that there are so many of the damn cars around, so the stupidity will natrurally be more widespread.

If you really read between the lines, most of these forums will have good information in them, but buried between those same lines. The other problem, which is detrimental to the whole scene, is that for you to know who knows what they're talking about, you have to have a certain level of knowledge, yourself.

With our cars, the only people that actually join the forums, are people who genuinely care about them, because they aren't so common, and there isn't as much knowledge about the floating around in the streets.

You can ask any Joe off the street what kind of engine is in a honda after you pop the hood, and they'll be pretty damn close. Try the same thing with a Celica, and they'll just look at it, and ask, "Why is it leaning back so far? Is it broken?" (5sfe)

The majority of the honda "tuners" just throw fart cans on their cars, then post around on websites acting like they know everything there is to know about it.

I'll be honest.... i love hondas, and i have a decent amount of knowledge about them, but then again, that's because of the people that i hang out with, and coincedentally, almost none of them are part of these websites. The true Honda guys tend to hang out in person, work on their cars together, and not bother with the bullshit on the websites.

Because there's no real concentration of our cars around, we don't have that option.

And i'm rambling, and probably making no sense.

Cavanagh
01-10-2007, 02:53 AM
I understood :P Yea, well they really sounded ignorant in there threads and all of them are all locked...lol mabye i should search beyond the 1st posted prelude forum on google. :hehe: I do like hondas, but some people are bogus. Im not
"hating" on hondas, im mostly showing how much better ctech is and setup compared to the other sites.

1990CelicaGT-S
01-10-2007, 03:55 AM
CelicaTech is the best forum theres next to no hating. Many other forums I've been on for anything was horrible.

mtp_69_i
01-10-2007, 03:57 AM
:kissass:

all of this virtual ass kissing is making me :puke:

andy
01-10-2007, 07:50 AM
my bro has a swapped 93 hatch b18c1 and i was looking for some info on FI for him, because after he rode around in my 3s celica and felt the power of boost he decided to look into it. hahah. popped a quick google search and can say that all of the 10 honda forums sites i looked at had 1 out of ten posts that was not about freakin fart mufflers or ebay intakes. good lord honda people (i know some are good) you drive awesome cars treat them as such. Freaking tards.... I also agree with the IQ statement. I <3 Ctech so much.

Cavanagh
01-10-2007, 03:25 PM
:kissass:

all of this virtual ass kissing is making me :puke:
We dont have to stop....

DarkSideCelica
01-10-2007, 05:29 PM
what can i say.... hondas are too common, thus the probability of having more ricers is higher.... i'm on a couple of boards, and let's say tht each has its strong points... if u want tech related stuff, everything-honda dot com is the place to go, esp if u want info on h22 builds and stuff

Cavanagh
01-10-2007, 09:23 PM
K, ill check it out thanks.

NDMstang65
01-10-2007, 09:59 PM
my bro has a swapped 93 hatch b18c1 and i was looking for some info on FI for him, because after he rode around in my 3s celica and felt the power of boost he decided to look into it. hahah. popped a quick google search and can say that all of the 10 honda forums sites i looked at had 1 out of ten posts that was not about freakin fart mufflers or ebay intakes. good lord honda people (i know some are good) you drive awesome cars treat them as such. Freaking tards.... I also agree with the IQ statement. I <3 Ctech so much.

Last one of those i saw didnt like 10 pounds of boost...snapped the cam once, then after that ended up eating some valves in the #1 cylinder...

Poor real type-r integra lol :(

trah
01-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Last one of those i saw didnt like 10 pounds of boost...snapped the cam once, then after that ended up eating some valves in the #1 cylinder...

Poor real type-r integra lol :(

thats not a type r. Tyoe R motor is b18c5 =) b18c1 is GSR. Their good motors but 2 over rated. Slap a SOHC non vtec accord motor in a civic hatch and here comes the torque and btw IQ rises LOL :lolhittin

Also many of the forums that I get on for Honda just a bunch of kids who really don't what there doing just making BS. But there are some out there knowlegable. Like for instance no one would know that the Prelude Rear Disc Brakes can fit on a 90-93 accord using ITR rotors and 95-97 Oddessy Bearings. but yeah there are some useful information out there but majority of the forums don't. In my opinion.

trah
01-10-2007, 10:45 PM
what can i say.... hondas are too common, thus the probability of having more ricers is higher.... i'm on a couple of boards, and let's say tht each has its strong points... if u want tech related stuff, everything-honda dot com is the place to go, esp if u want info on h22 builds and stuff

for REAL H22 Build Made for the REAL car it was made for Go to CB7tuner.com 90-93 accords :Ban1: great sight for accord motors boosted and NA and everything for H22 F22 H23 and no other

Chris
01-10-2007, 10:58 PM
I've only been to one honda forum, I was bored and decided to do a search for Celica. I found a thread with some kid talking about how he was gonna race a celica and how he'd do. I can't remember what type of car he had, but the 1st or 2nd reply was "Don't worry, Celicas are pretty slow, you'll have no trouble." I found it pretty humorous, and then promptly left.

DarkSideCelica
01-10-2007, 11:11 PM
for REAL H22 Build Made for the REAL car it was made for Go to CB7tuner.com 90-93 accords :Ban1: great sight for accord motors boosted and NA and everything for H22 F22 H23 and no other

tht's a good site for, esp for the f22 build.... everything-honda is hands down better at h22 and f23 builds imo