PDA

View Full Version : Anyone??

DrPaine
01-26-2005, 04:55 AM
Am i the only person in the 7th gen forum?

CelicaGT4
01-26-2005, 07:31 AM
unfortionately it appears to be so my friend!

mukalicious
01-26-2005, 08:17 AM
i just registered. been a lurker for a while.

DrPaine
01-27-2005, 03:14 AM
awesome, this is so wierd. I am soo very bored. I guess im going to type up some reviews and how too's now.

badceli
01-27-2005, 11:31 PM
Give me a couple weeks, I'm going to see how many people I can get to join this site.

badceli
01-28-2005, 04:45 AM
Wow, this forum really is like standing in an empty room talking to myself.

DrPaine
01-28-2005, 06:53 AM
I know man, its pretty depressing man. Oh well, Im still mod'in my celica and workin for a shop!!

badceli
01-29-2005, 03:04 PM
Well, it looks like it's just me and you until I can get more people to join.

Tell me what kind of plans you have for your car. Maybe you could help me with the project I have going right now.

DrPaine
01-29-2005, 06:34 PM
Sure, right now i just got it back from an accident. lol But i just spoke to someone about buyin parts for a gts rear disk conversion, then my lambo tail lights get put in and then body kit on, rims back on from winter, fender flares and then we paint my car in may for shows starting in april. WHile Im fiberglassing the interior of course and other small shit. How bout you man?

badceli
01-30-2005, 12:37 PM
Outstanding. I finally have somebody to talk to that's into car shows. Sounds like you have a great project going. I have never heard of lambo tail lights on a Celica. I would really like to see that.
About the rear disks, would it be cheaper to get disks from a gts or the kit from http://stainlesssteelbrakes.com for $740? I was going to go check on that as soon as I get back from Iraq.
So what kind of body kit are you going with? It was a hard decision between fender flares on my TRD kit and the APR kit, but I went with the APR kit. Had to have it. Loved that kit since the first day I seen it a couple years ago.
Right now my car is about to come out of the shop with the custom turbo kit, then the APR kit will get molded on, then the interior. I have about a 7000 watt system going in the back.
I'm putting one 18" Treo sub in place of the back seat, then the three Zapco amps and two NX bottles will be held with chrome bars to match the chrome roll bar.
Next year is the 1zz-fe racing engine from MWR and a tranny from c2power. Should be able to put me around 400whp. I hope.
I was hoping to get your help with the turbo kit. I don't know much about turbos and mine is the first 7th gen this shop has done.

DrPaine
01-31-2005, 05:56 AM
yea man, I can help ya the best I can.

With stainlesssteelbrakes's kit, There is quite a few reasons i dont like it. First the price. Its cheaper to buy parts off a gts, they are already fitted and guaranteed to fit. And the worst part of the kit is that if u look at the slotted rotors. They are the terrible immitation that doesnt even stretch to the end of the caliper. That doesnt even release the gas buildup which is the whole reason behind slotted.

What kinda info do u need as far as turbo setup? Im pretty familiar with the 1zzfe engine, i work on it myself, I havent dont extremely extensive stuff yet, I put my header on, i'd done a few gts lift bolt replacements, umm, valve cover gaskets, exhaust gaskets and some other basic stuff but its not hard to get it..

badceli
01-31-2005, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the tip on the brake kit. I will definitely look for a gts set instead.

The help I was hoping to get with the turbo kit is...If I told you all the parts that the shop is putting into the kit, would you be able to tell me if they the parts that you would use?
Thanks again for your help.

badceli
02-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Ok, I give up. I was going to try and get more people on here, but people just don't want to and it sure as hell isn't fun talking to my damn self in this forum.

So I found a site where you actually get a responce when you ask a question. www.importunion.net Hope to see all of you there. Bye.

DrPaine
02-04-2005, 03:56 AM
nice, I'll be here forever man. Maybe i'll check out that site then. You can always PM me the parts or post it here. I now work 70 hours a week and its crazy for me to check in here alot. But i have a computer in my room again so it will make ti easier.

carlosfandango
02-04-2005, 04:05 AM
it must be love. lol.

badceli
02-04-2005, 11:13 AM
Thanks DrPaine,
I just have way too much time on my hands with nothing to do. As soon as I get home, I won't have time to be online either.

DrPaine
02-04-2005, 03:19 PM
yea man, its crazy, full tiem for comcast and it was part time each night at the garage but lateley its been every night till like 3am working on cars.

Anyways, guess where i'll be today on my day off, lol, at the garage, I just got my stainless steel brakelines. so they are goin in. Then we are molding a kit on an altima then repainting it which means pulling the engine and cleaning the engine bay. Thats such a pain in the ass.

anyways, I am turboing my car soon. but instead of the normal turbo setup, I am using a remote turbo which is a replacement where the muffler goes. Then I am running the filter into a box in the trunk and putting air fins to suck in forced air on the sides of each hatch. It will be a unique design.

BlueGT
02-05-2005, 09:22 PM
hey all been a lurker for a while as well, but I have had a serious misfortune, I blew the motor taking on a 2.3 focus, I thought i had him till I misshifted and putt...putt........putt.........nothing. There is coolent in the top part of the head and one spark plug is stuck and will not unscrew. SO........i have to use my saving and choose an option either build up the motor or do the 3sgte swap. since u all are fellow 7th gens I would like your opions as well

BlueGT
02-05-2005, 09:42 PM
ohh and how do u set up a signature with a pic?

badceli
02-06-2005, 04:38 AM
DrPaine,
That sounds like a really cool idea with the turbo. I have never heard of anything like that before. Can't wait to see how that comes out.

BlueGT,
That sucks man, but don't try the 3sgte swap. Way to expensive and a complete pain in the ass. People always think they need to put a 3sgte in the 7th gens to get that big hp. Not true.
A 1zz-fe will handle 600hp and weighs a lot less. Making your car faster and will handle better. You can get all the parts you need to build your engine and do it yourself or have MWR drop a fully built racing engine in for you. About 4k is what that would cost. I plan to buy one from them. Check them out at www.monkeywrenchracing.com Hope this helps.

BlueGT
02-08-2005, 02:38 AM
but what about the tranny, I dont think a gt tranny can handle anything beyond 200 hp. Right now i can get a 3sgte= 200hp and the mr2 tranny with with everything but the intercoller for around 1700. But that is before labor, the only thing that sux is I will have to wait till april before I can get the parts. I did not look that detailed into the site yet, but do they have a complete kit that can get me to 260hp and 210 torque. I want to equal it to the SRT4. Since the 7th gen is light I should be able to get by with that kind of torque............and thanx it is nice to know there are people that still believe in all motor.

DrPaine
02-09-2005, 05:44 AM
BlueGT, a 3s into a 7th gen is a really bad idea unless you have quite a bit of money and time to play with. There is one swapped already into a 7th in the US. I had talked to the guy a while back. With the engine, tranny, parts and labor it cost him a little over $10k to complete the swap. Terrible waste of money in my opinion. Dont get me wrong, I love the 3sgte, its my favorite toyota engine besides the 2JZ but its def not worth it here.

Look to build the 1zzfe up. Replace pistons, rods and get a metal head gasket. Upgrade the fuel system a bit and you will have a great performing fast car.

badceli
02-10-2005, 08:39 AM
Good advise DrPaine.

BlueGt,
Everything DrPaine told you is the truth. 10k is the norm for a swap. You can't just throw a 3s in there. Way more to it than that. Plus a stock 3s will make your car slower. The little bit of hp gain doesn't make up for the extra weight of the engine. Plus it will handle worse with the extra weight.

MWR does not have a complete kit to get you 260hp. You can either build your engine to handle that power or buy a complete racing engine from them for about 4k. This will not get you the hp you want. It will just make it so your engine can handle the extra power you add.

I do not believe in all motor. I have a turbo and nitrous on my GT. A turbo, SC or nitrous is the only way you will get close to 300hp. The tranny on a GT will handle 300hp, but you would need a tranny from c2power.com if you want to go higher than that.

If 260hp is your goal, plan to spend a few thousand. No cheap way to get there. Trust me, we have all tried.

Blackcloud
02-10-2005, 09:06 AM
Im gonna try to get one once i get my taxes back

badceli
02-10-2005, 11:30 PM
PC,
Not that you would want this one because it's a damn auto, but check out the year and the miles....http://www.autoextra.com/vehicledetail/adid-10736026/2000/toyota/celica/hollywood/fl/do-basic Some other good ones on that site though. I wish I would have bought a used one instead of spending 20k on a new one.

Blackcloud
02-10-2005, 11:36 PM
Ive found a few around this area for the 10-15k range

all GT's tho..

I would like a red action package GTS if i could find one

badceli
02-10-2005, 11:49 PM
I couldn't tell much difference between the GT and GT-S. Plus the GT is better to turbo and less insurance.

I'll make you a good deal on the action package coming off my car if you want. I know you wouldn't want it now, but just keep me in mind if you ever want it. I'll probably just put it in one of my sheds when it comes off my car this month.

badceli
02-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Oh, and mines red and in perfect condition.

DrPaine
02-11-2005, 06:03 AM
Im headin to Atlantic City tomorrow to gamble but I will be back into the garage on sunday back to work. I've been drawin up some designs on my remote turbo setup. Once I get it finished I will post it here and prolly in the Custom Fab section aswell.

BlueGT
02-11-2005, 05:05 PM

BlueGT
02-11-2005, 05:31 PM
i took the advice that was given, I am going to check what needs to be changed and what I can keep from my motor, but if I get high compression pistons is there a turbo for them or if i get low compression can I run on them for a while till I get the turbo Kit

BlueGT
02-11-2005, 05:36 PM
also I found out there was a correction on the shifting for the 2000 and 2001, I not sure if it was a recall but they changed the design for the shifting set up. Does anyone know what I could do to fix mine with out changing trannys. I can not afford to misshift again........and have fun dr paine, win that money

badceli
02-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Sure, lot's of people get the pistons without getting the turbo just to make their engine stronger. Once that is done, a shot of nitrous is a cheap way to add hp.

Not sure about the tranny problem.

DrPaine
02-13-2005, 07:18 AM
Well, I ended up not gambling, me and my friend went down and just got real fucked up on all dif kinda shit.

Anyways,

BlueGT, As far as the shift change in 00-01, they changed the shift gates on the tranny. Unfortunately no recall since it wasent a big deal. It shouldnt really affect ya two much unless you try to powershift thru every gear. It was more of a GTS problem. And with the pistons, I wont be getting all my shit at once. Im goign to probably start with a metal head gasket and look for pistons that handle lower compression. Right now the stock 1zzfe runs 10:1 compression, turbo cars like lower compression so. i want to drop it to 8.5:1 or at worst 9:1. You usually drop the compression by larger headgasket and/or pistons.

BlueGT
02-22-2005, 02:18 AM
well it is in the shop, but I am still not sure if I should machine the block. I hope this new job is weekly so i can get more money to fix the body.....................ohh and how is everyone doing

DrPaine
02-22-2005, 04:06 AM
Goin great, got my CF hood on, still waiting for the lambo tail lights to come in, the paint to be mixed, waiting for the blue flake to come in the mail, umm, and need to figure out what im doing with the back bumper. I have a razzi kit rear and also a Veilside Version 1 rear. I dont know what to do. The razzi is a lip kit. Which means I have to add it onto a bumper. Well the stock is urethane and the razzi is FG. I have to mold it. Which doesnt work for long with molding fiberglass to urethane. We shall see..

Hows ur car comin man??

CeliGirl
02-27-2005, 04:20 PM
am i interrupting a dinner date or something? i think i might have a 7th gen.... :squint:

Luni
02-27-2005, 05:44 PM
am i interrupting a dinner date or something? i think i might have a 7th gen.... :squint:

I dont think anyone minds if you "interrupt" their date.

I know I wouldnt ;)

DrPaine
03-04-2005, 05:21 PM
I dont think anyone minds if you "interrupt" their date.

I know I wouldnt ;)

haha someone's tryin to get some booty.. hahah j/k rob. :hehe:

Swing Fixer
03-11-2005, 11:04 PM
What's up everyone, I just found this place.

DrPaine
03-12-2005, 05:12 AM
Whats goin on buddy, welcome!!!!

Swing Fixer
03-12-2005, 06:12 PM
DrP.

I see you are from Hershey. While I'm in Houston now, I grew up in Lancaster County. Went to high school at L-S (Lampeter Strasburg). then college at Penn State.

Thought you might be interested.

Work pulled me out of PA to Denver and now to Texas.

DrPaine
03-15-2005, 03:22 AM
nice, i grey up in Hershey, Went to Lower Dauphin High and then to Harrisburg Area Community College. My work is still keeping me in the area working for Comcast Cable.

Thats pretty cool, if u ever come back into the area, pm me or hit me up.

Swing Fixer
03-15-2005, 04:48 PM
I'll keep that in mind, I make it back like once or twice a year to visit family and such.

BlueGT
03-24-2005, 06:06 AM
hey all I finially got my car back, yes a long 3 months it was. Since money was short I could only get another GT motor. I am back on the road and now I need to fix my exhaust, it might be clogged..........................SWEETNESS!

BlueGT
03-24-2005, 06:06 AM
what has everyone been up to?

CeliGirl
03-29-2005, 02:26 AM
nice, i grey up in Hershey, Went to Lower Dauphin High and then to Harrisburg Area Community College. My work is still keeping me in the area working for Comcast Cable.

Thats pretty cool, if u ever come back into the area, pm me or hit me up.

hershey sucks ass...nothing but cows and empty space. the only thing good about my trip there besides seeing you jared was that my car hit 1k on the way home. :bigthumbu

DrPaine
03-29-2005, 06:58 AM
ha, thx B, oh well. This place rocks now, harrisburg!!!!!!!!!!!