PDA

View Full Version : CS bumper fitment.

GT4SOM
01-06-2007, 04:38 AM
Hey I've been meaning to make this thread for a while. I installed the cs bumper on the 5th gen but i have one major issue. The one bar that goes on the top of the bumper doesn't fit the CS bumper right. I haven't seen anyone post any issues with this. The car I put it on was a 93 gts its after the face lift. I'm guessing maybe if I was to get that metal bar that goes under the carbon fiber grill from a 90-91 it may fit better? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Tristan
01-06-2007, 04:51 AM
As far as i know you need to order the CS bumper reinforcements to make it fit.
Also i have read that you dont need them at all but if you get into a H/O collision your car will look like swiss CHEESE.
Tris

GT4SOM
01-06-2007, 04:54 AM
Doesn't anyone know which reinforcement I would need? part number and pic anyone?

insomnak8702
01-06-2007, 05:21 AM
you need bumper re-enforcement #1 buddy who sold me system 10 panels.
Reinforcement #1 52021-20210

PhillyDRFT
01-06-2007, 06:12 AM
No don't go buying that flimbsey reinforcement for the CS. Go back and get the bottom metal piece from your old bumper hanger, it wont fit perfect you might have to drill another two holes for everything to fit, get some hardware from home depot and use it the same way it was on your stock bumper, The bottom piece has a slight lip you can cutoff wheel this off, or just overtighten the bolts your using to hold the bumper and hanger together, It will work fine this way, its the way I did it, I had to set my crashbar back 1/4 inch to fit with the CS but ive heard of other celica owners who didn't even have to.

GT4SOM
01-06-2007, 11:17 PM
No don't go buying that flimbsey reinforcement for the CS. Go back and get the bottom metal piece from your old bumper hanger, it wont fit perfect you might have to drill another two holes for everything to fit, get some hardware from home depot and use it the same way it was on your stock bumper, The bottom piece has a slight lip you can cutoff wheel this off, or just overtighten the bolts your using to hold the bumper and hanger together, It will work fine this way, its the way I did it, I had to set my crashbar back 1/4 inch to fit with the CS but ive heard of other celica owners who didn't even have to.
Well my crash bar fits perfect its just that hangar peice thats hurting. I didn't tighten it up but the bumper buckles and the bottome didn't fit good. I'm going to look up that part number and see how much it runs me. THanks guys!

insomnak8702
01-30-2007, 07:39 AM
just ordered my cs bumper and thinking about ordering the re-enforcement bar but before i spill $150. i got a question. has ne one got the bumper to fit on without any modifications to the stock bar? if you had to do modifications. please explain the process. pictures would be nice. thanks.

Cavanagh
01-30-2007, 03:18 PM
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17605&highlight=RC+Bumper