PDA

View Full Version : Intro: Tristan

Tristan
01-04-2007, 06:34 AM
Hello all my name is Tristan. I just scored a celica a few weeks ago for FREE... Seeing as free is a good thing. I figured i'd try to tune it a bit and see what i can make happen.

the car:
1991 Celica GT coupe
Silver
sweet action 14inch hubbies
Crackes LED in wing
No radio
and a leak in passenger floorboard somwhere.

More about me:
I've been building or tuning cars for the better of 10 years
worked for several shops and now managing a restaurant. More of a GO guy than a show guy. Not much for wild kits and crazy paint. If it's not lighter, more areodynamic or gonna make it go faster. I usually dont do it....

Cars i've had my grubby little hands on long enough to extract some powers:
(all time are on the 1000ft not a full 1/4 mile, Arkansas is wierd)

1994 Honda del sol S model:
d16z6 SOHC VTEC motor swap
nitrous (50-125 shot)
I/H/E
12.9@79mph
(sold)

1995 honda del sol S model:
d16y8 SOHC VTEC motor swap
DSM t25
DSM SMIC
DSM injectors
custom charge pipes
VAFC for tuning
5-10PSI
11.3@92mph
(SOLD)

2001 VW Beetle 1.8TAPH
KO3S turbo
Diode mod
MBC
Custom intake
Custom intercooler set up
TT-225 BOV
2.5 into Magnaflow-oval, hidden with turndown
Autometer Boost and Oil gauges in custom mount
10.9@91mph @ 17 PSI
Never tested @ 26 PSI
(RIP)

2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro (wifes ride)
Maganflow exhaust
ITG intake

Other than that i've wrenched on just about all the jap and euro cars out there. I know tons of info about everything but toyota's...

So onto the learning again.

thanks for reading
Tristan

(please excuse any grammer or spelling errors, Its late and i just got off work. and i have poor spelling and grammer preoblems.... AHAHAHAH)

hobbie2k
01-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Welcome! It's always nice to see a new member with some real experience. Your opinions are sure to be invaluable, and I hope we're able to give you something in return.

trah
01-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Hello all my name is Tristan. I just scored a celica a few weeks ago for FREE... Seeing as free is a good thing. I figured i'd try to tune it a bit and see what i can make happen.

the car:
1991 Celica GT coupe
Silver
Crackes LED in wing
No radio

More about me:
I've been building or tuning cars for the better of 10 years
worked for several shops and now managing a restaurant. More of a GO guy than a show guy. Not much for wild kits and crazy paint. If it's not lighter, more areodynamic or gonna make it go faster. I usually dont do it....

Cars i've had my grubby little hands on long enough to extract some powers:
(all time are on the 1000ft not a full 1/4 mile, Arkansas is wierd)

1994 Honda del sol S model:
d16z6 SOHC VTEC motor swap
nitrous (50-125 shot)
I/H/E
12.9@79mph
(sold)

1995 honda del sol S model:
d16y8 SOHC VTEC motor swap
DSM t25
DSM SMIC
DSM injectors
custom charge pipes
VAFC for tuning
5-10PSI
11.3@92mph
(SOLD)

2001 VW Beetle 1.8TAPH
KO3S turbo
Diode mod
MBC
Custom intake
Custom intercooler set up
TT-225 BOV
2.5 into Magnaflow-oval, hidden with turndown
Autometer Boost and Oil gauges in custom mount
10.9@91mph @ 17 PSI
Never tested @ 26 PSI
(RIP)

2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro (wifes ride)
Maganflow exhaust
ITG intake

Other than that i've wrenched on just about all the jap and euro cars out there. I know tons of info about everything but toyota's...

So onto the learning again.

thanks for reading
Tristan

(please excuse any grammer or spelling errors, Its late and i just got off work. and i have poor spelling and grammer preoblems.... AHAHAHAH)

i was about to call BS on the del sol's lol but i continued reading its called a 1/8th of a mile.

Slider
01-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Welcome :wiggle:

TheNefariousOne
01-04-2007, 06:29 PM
i was about to call BS on the del sol's lol but i continued reading its called a 1/8th of a mile.

Not exactly 1/8th mile...19/100 of a mile actually haha. The numbers are still impressive regardless.

hobbie2k
01-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Not exactly 1/8th mile...19/100 of a mile actually haha. The numbers are still impressive regardless.

Indeed, I did some quick calculations and came up with rough quarter mile times of less than:

15.6 for the '94
13.6 for the '95
13.3 for the '01

Those numbers were calculated assuming you accelerated the same over the 1000 feet then maintained speed for the remaining 320 ft for the 1/4 mile. Of course, in real life you'd continue accelerating after the 1000 so real times would be somewhat less than these, but to calculate that would require more math than I've used since college...

Fuelish
01-04-2007, 10:00 PM

the car:
1991 Celica GT coupe
Silver
Crackes LED in wing
No radio

Welcome, and wish ya the best w/ yer GT .... these cars don't lend themselves to "tuning" as easily as Hondas, perhaps....Go for it !!! :cool:

mtp_69_i
01-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Hello all my name is Tristan....and a leak in passenger floorboard somwhere.....

I think the heater core has shat itself.

welcome :bigthumbu

Tristan
01-05-2007, 06:40 AM
"I think the heater core has shat itself. "

Is that common in these cars? Reason I ask is:

A: I dont have that tell-tell smell of maple syrup (coolant)
B: Its been cold here latley and the floor only gets wet when it rains.....

As for the rest of ya, Thanks for the warm welcome.

To the gentleman that doubts the times of my cars. I have ZERO need to impress people VIA the INTARWEB. I just wanted people to know that i may be a noob to Toyota's but not new to the game..... Plus i woulda came up with some much better numbers like 6 second 1/4 miles @ 1meeelion MPH to impress you guys.

So i was reading in some other forums. The 3sgte and the 5sfe share the same exhaust manifold flange?

Tris

mtp_69_i
01-05-2007, 07:48 AM
Hey Tristan,

yeah the heater core leak is common enough but maybe yours is simply a leaky windshield seal. Are you sure it has coolant in it? Welcome to celicatech anyway dude, new people always get a bit of a quiz/scrutinization if they tout drag times and hp numbers. Enjoy your stay.

Cavanagh
01-05-2007, 08:45 AM
:waveoz: Welcome to Celicatech. You wont find better people or information on anyother celica site. And i can bet you that. ;)

Tristan
01-05-2007, 04:58 PM
thanks agin for all the warm welcomes.

I will make sure it has coolant in it, when i got the car it had coolant. I changed the oil a couple days ago and it had coolant, but i'll check again to make for sure...

plus the car has yet to overheat and i've been driving the PISS out of it.

Tris

TEAMFaint
01-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Hahah sounds like you are driving it like I drive my GTS..I seriously have ran the nuts out of the car since I have owned it, never has caused me a problem..ever.

You'll soon learn the 5SFE is bullet proof :)

Welcome to the site by the way!

Tristan
01-06-2007, 04:46 AM
Yea i hope to maybe give her some more juice. we'll see what happens.

Again thanks all for the warm welcome.

Tris