PDA

View Full Version : Bass tubes

Colossus20v
01-25-2005, 11:52 PM
I was thinking about putting 2 10" base tubes in the car. I am not looking to win any competitions, just want some more sound and bass. I am planning on doing a whole audio setup but am just trying to get an idea of what I want to do as far as audio setups go. Any insight?

Blackcloud
01-26-2005, 12:16 AM
I dont know how well they work today. but several years ago when i had one they sucked

Colossus20v
01-26-2005, 12:50 AM
maybe i will buy one and if it sux then take it back...thanx pc.

MrWOT
01-26-2005, 01:33 AM
I remember bazooka bass tubes... they sounded like ass

Playfortoday
01-26-2005, 01:44 AM
Why not just go will a sealed, dual-chambered 10" sub box at .5cuft per side? It will sound better and take up less space.

InitialD93
01-26-2005, 06:20 AM
OH OH.... get the ones that look like NAAAAAWWWWWWZZZZZZ bottles :D

Colossus20v
01-26-2005, 02:19 PM
OH OH.... get the ones that look like NAAAAAWWWWWWZZZZZZ bottles :D
sounds like a great idea. Because then I can perp like i have Nawz too. /sarcasm. Just want some more sound thats all. Trying to get some ideas.

Tommy91GT
01-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Go with a small ported box. 10" will give you the best sound quality overall. No need for anything bigger. If you are just looking for a little kick you could even go with 8". There are a million different types of speaks out there. Personally for the price I recommend Infinity Subs. Real nice sound and not overly expensive. You can usually find them at Curcuit City for less than a 100 each, and they always have buy 1 get 1 free specials. I put a set of "Pawnshop" speakers in the wifes car awhile back. Think they were Q-powers. Had a nice sound to. Think I paid 130 for 2 10s in a decent looking ported box. Didn't take up too much room either. Granted they were no where near competition level, but they sounded good.

Playfortoday
01-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Go with a small ported box. 10" will give you the best sound quality overall. No need for anything bigger. If you are just looking for a little kick you could even go with 8". There are a million different types of speaks out there. Personally for the price I recommend Infinity Subs. Real nice sound and not overly expensive. You can usually find them at Curcuit City for less than a 100 each, and they always have buy 1 get 1 free specials. I put a set of "Pawnshop" speakers in the wifes car awhile back. Think they were Q-powers. Had a nice sound to. Think I paid 130 for 2 10s in a decent looking ported box. Didn't take up too much room either. Granted they were no where near competition level, but they sounded good.

There is no reason to port a box with two tens for regular use. I think what you had was a cheezy, showie, bandpass box(a couple of ports, maybe some plexi?). If you just want some punch, go with a 2 tens in a sealed box like we said. That way, you are not limiting bass reproduction or creating flat spots or peaks. Please make up your mind so I don't have to correct newbs in the mean time, :hehe: . j/k

Blackcloud
01-27-2005, 12:11 AM
I got a digital design 12 that i can sell you. :hehe:

Playfortoday
01-27-2005, 02:29 PM
I got a digital design 12 that i can sell you. :hehe:

:lolhittin That's like taking a drink form a fire hose.

Tommy91GT
01-27-2005, 02:44 PM
There is no reason to port a box with two tens for regular use. I think what you had was a cheezy, showie, bandpass box(a couple of ports, maybe some plexi?). If you just want some punch, go with a 2 tens in a sealed box like we said. That way, you are not limiting bass reproduction or creating flat spots or peaks. Please make up your mind so I don't have to correct newbs in the mean time, :hehe: . j/k

No its a ported box, I'm pretty sure I know the difference. A ported box should take up less space, and he is just looking for a little extra bump. Sealed will be a cleaner sound, but the box most likely will be bigger. Overall it's his opinion. He may even like the look ove a bandpass box, but that would take up even more room. Most people aren't looking for Competition quality, and most don't want to sacrifce there whole trunk/hatch area. They just want a better sound that will take up the least amount of space.

Colossus20v
01-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Once i get things together I will post up my design of how i want my system. I will be using the back seat area and some of the trunk space. This car is will still my daily driver. Thank you for all of the suggestions though. I guess i just have to full figure out what i want to do.

Playfortoday
01-27-2005, 10:25 PM
^^
In the case of taking up less space, then he wants sealed. I know you are about the bling, but I am about my shit sounding good. It is hard to get the two to mix without a lot of $.

Blackcloud
01-28-2005, 12:04 AM
:lolhittin That's like taking a drink form a fire hose.
:D

Tommy91GT
01-28-2005, 07:54 AM
1 - I am not about the bling. I use two custom SEALED enclosures that contour the interior of my hatch and mp amps and cap are in a drop floor to maximize space.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/385000-385999/385633_25_full.jpg
2 - I can find a lot of ported boxes that are smaller than sealed boxes that sound good.

Playfortoday
01-28-2005, 01:33 PM
I can find a lot of ported boxes that are smaller than sealed boxes that sound good.

Wow, man. I give up.

Edit: And when you choose that ported box, I will show you a sealed box the is even smaller and sounds better.

Tommy91GT
01-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Deal for a 12" speaker

http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/vinyllust/2waysubbboxfrontview8_12in.jpg

http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/vinyllust/2waysubboxrearview8_12inch.jpg

david in germany
01-28-2005, 04:53 PM
Deal for a 12" speaker

http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/vinyllust/2waysubbboxfrontview8_12in.jpg

http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/vinyllust/2waysubboxrearview8_12inch.jpg
:lolhittin :puke: :eek: :ghey: :getto:
David

85gtsblackman
01-29-2005, 03:25 AM
hey shut up i have 2 ported 10 boxes like those

wait i am ghetto :thefinger

but i had one in my trunk, took up hardly any space and worked well

Blackcloud
01-29-2005, 05:13 AM
ive never seen a smaller ported box.. :laugh:

Tommy91GT
01-30-2005, 08:48 PM
hey shut up i have 2 ported 10 boxes like those

wait i am ghetto :thefinger

but i had one in my trunk, took up hardly any space and worked well

little space, decent sound, bland looking

Dave, I didn't say it would be show quality, I just said you could get one small. :D

would I put that in my car, well if I just wanted some thump and didn't have to worry about what a judge was going to say, sure why not. When I was young and my car was a multi-purpose vehicle (locker, bedroom, diningroom, empty cigarette pack holder, etc) I would have been happy as hell to have something like that.

Playfortoday
01-30-2005, 09:20 PM
empty cigarette pack holder

The system ten door pockets can holder like a carton's worth of empty pack. :D

85gtsblackman
01-31-2005, 12:13 AM
come to think of it i have a 8 in bass tube in my room but i want to put a decent sub in it. one that can handel about 200 watts . ill put ill use it in my room or in a beater