PDA

View Full Version : Impressions of my Motoria DP and Mid-pipe after 3k miles

Shadowlife25
12-31-2006, 11:32 PM
Well I purchased one of those SS Autochrome or "Motoria" stainless DP and Mid-pipes in the 3 inch size. Been on the car for a little over 3000 miles and the one problem that I have run into is clearance issues.
Initially my exhaust guy didn't put in the top section bolt because, well I don't know why. It initially was rattling against the tranny so the pipe needed to be bent just a bit to give it that extra bit of clearance. After this it was fine until the 4k mark then the rattling began till about 5k.
After it finally got on my nerves enough I brought it back and he tried to move it a bit. After I left it sounded like a jack-hammer on the front cross-member section from 2800rpm on up. After inspection I found that it was hitting the front cross-member, the tranny, and the flex section was hitting on the area right next to the driveline.
Went to my buddy's place cause he has a lift :)
Took us about 2-3 hours, but now no more rattles. Apparently if you tighten it completely at the DP flange section where they meet = jackhammer rattling and vibration. So we loosened it up just a hair to where it was still tight but gave a little extra play, and now it doesnt rattle at any rpm.
Overall I probably wouldn't recommend this kit unless you are looking for a real low-buck solution. especially since unlike their claim it is NOT a complete bolt on. I had to fab up a section of 3" pipe and weld it to the mid-pipe section to get the correct length.
Overall cost =
$220 DP, MP
$85 labor for initial install
$30 for section of 3"
$50 for AC recharge kit after install of DP
apprx 3 hours of messing with it to get it to sit right
apprx 1 full day to remove original DP and broken MP

So I'll leave it to you as to whether it's worth it or not. IMHO it's really not, but again I didn't have to shell out $1500 for an Aussie setup. You get what you pay for.

Regards,
Mario

alltracman78
01-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Aussie DP/MP shouldn't be even CLOSE to $1500.
The whole kit maybe. Not just those 2.
Did yours come with a brace?
Does it have a high flow cat?

FYI you didn't have to remove the ac to get rid of the stock DP.
Even if you have to move the compressor, the lines are flexible so you can move out of the way and zip tie temporarily.
Less contaminates in the system. And you won't have to pay for a recharge.

Shadowlife25
01-01-2007, 04:54 AM
I was referencing the kit, and no mine did not have any cats at all nor a brace :(
I unfortunately found it easier to just remove the compressor, but again I was frustrated as hell and tired out of my mind. lol.