PDA

View Full Version : Another " Shoulda Got a Front Clip" thread

Keoni
12-26-2006, 09:20 PM
My friend has been wanting to do the 3SGTE swap ever since I finished my swap a couple of years ago so I told him to get a front clip no matter what because I learned the hard way doing my swap with just the motor. Unfortunately he did not get a front clip, he got a engine package off of ebay which I had looked at first before he bought it but the pictures they showed on the ebay site looked good and it said actual pictures of motor.

So, I had my friend call up the company to make sure that they send pictures, give us the compression readings, and guarantee that the wiring harness is complete and un-cut before we bought the engine package. Well I think that I should have handled that part because I probably would have said no and moved on to the next company.

When the motor showed up at my friends house I immediately called up the company to complain. The coil,fuel injector resistor pack and turbo pressure sensor are not inlcuded even though on the ebay site it stated that all sensors are included. At least they sent the ECU and the AFM.

The wiring harness was hacked up all over the place. The guy from the company tells me that the wiring harness was complete before the engine left to be shipped off. So, I am trying to explain to him that there are vital portions of the harness missing/cut but he thinks that as long as the harness "Looks" whole its okay to use. He tells me " It is complete to the ECU." So i tell him, "That is great! But tell me how am I suppose to use the wiring harness when all along the harness there are chunks of wiring cut or missing?" So the guy tells me to send him pictures of what I need and he will send them to me. So I send him pictures but I tell him that all I need is a harness that has not been cut anywhere along the harness. The guy said, "Okay, send me back the harness you have and I will send out a complete harness to you immediately." So I take off the throttle body and a few other parts to carefully take off the harness without completely destroying the harness so they will see what I mean by missing chunks of wiring along the harness. i box up the harness and send it back to them.

About a week later the company calls me up saying that they got the harness but they do not understand what is incomplete about it. So I tell him, "take a good look at it, do you see wires that have been cut along the harness?" Still the guy thinks that the harness is complete. He says, "What exactly is missing from the harness?" I tell him, " The little grey diagnostics box is missing, the fuse box wiring bunch has been cut, the AFM connector is missing, etc." So he tells me, "Was the fuse box and all that other stuff advertised on the ebay site?" I tell him, "No, but you did advertise a complete and un-cut harness which includes these areas of the harness." Still the guy tells me that all their harnesses look like the one I sent back to them. I just hung up on the guy at that point because I was frustrated. So now we need to find a wiring harness that is complete USDM or JDM.

Shoulda got a front clip.

Here are some pictures of the motor/harness...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/Keoni90gts/101_0781.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/Keoni90gts/101_0783.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/Keoni90gts/101_0784.jpg
The high pressure fuel line going from the fuel filter to the fuel rail
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/Keoni90gts/101_0787.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/Keoni90gts/101_0788.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/Keoni90gts/101_0789.jpg
Here is one of the interior connectors
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/Keoni90gts/101_0793.jpg
Coolant temp sensor
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/Keoni90gts/101_0794.jpg
Cut intake manifold stays/braces
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/Keoni90gts/101_0785.jpg

So yeah... do you guys think that the wiring harness is useable or complete?

GT4SOM
12-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Wow that company is full of jackasses. I wouldn't even put that engine in my car. If your friend bought that engine with a visa or mastercard go ahead and call them to open up a dispute. Save that ebay page etc... When I ordered my first clip, this company kept saying they already shipped it and kept lying for 2 weeks. Untill finally i gave up, called my Bank of america debit card and they disputed it, I had my money 24 hours later and never herd back from that company. Dude just don't settle for something that was advertised as something else. That motor is just plain unacceptable for a swap.

Disco Dan
12-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Threaten them with the Better Business Bureau!

But seriously. Either you need to get what was advertised, or you need to get your money back. It's that simple. You made good on your end of the deal (or your friend's end) with the money, and he hasn't made good on his. Tell him simply: regardless of how he views the usability of the harness, the product you received was not what you ordered. Explain that if you can't get either a.) what you paid for, or b.) the money you spent, that you'll be reporting them immediately to eBay, to PayPal, and to the Feds (it constitutes as Grand Larceny since the amount is over $200 and he hasn't delivered on his end of the deal, but has taken your money).

My 4.7

Keoni
12-26-2006, 10:14 PM
That company is a bunch of jackasses. I am debating on calling them up and telling them that I will put the name of their company on this thread and alot of people will know how they do business.

Yups, I told my friend to send the motor back or sell it locally and cut his losses. I did a compression test also which turned out bad at first but when I talked to a engine rebuild shop they told me to put some ATF into the cylinders and let it sit for a few days then do the test again. The test came out good after that. But we are still missing alot of things that would be expensive if we got it from toyota if those parts cant be sourced anywhere else.

I think that he should just sell the motor here and get a front clip.

BEAMS
12-26-2006, 10:19 PM
That sucks, let us know what company so others can stay away from them. I would never buy from a company overseas, dont know if thats your case. Good luck with getting the engine running.

Shadowlife25
12-26-2006, 10:51 PM
Unfortunately thats just how so many of these flea-bay companys work now. I think they figure that they have the market cornered with these things so they can get away with bad business practices. Remember though: If YOU let them, THEY WILL. Take action like Disco Dan said and hopefully you can recoup your loss.

By the way 'Sup BEAMS :) Been busy as hell lately. gimme a call.

CollapsedNut
12-27-2006, 01:13 PM
ahh hell no, there wouldnt be no phone calls just me staright up kickin the company owners ass. I hate people who do stuff like this on ebay

andy
12-27-2006, 08:58 PM
One of the best for engines and front clips- JARCO go there and speak with matt for a front clip. He was awesome to me and delivered everything he said and more (two free tshirts-score!). There engine runs great. Even if it doesnt say instock on there site give em a call. I hade my clip in a week, seriously orderd friday and matt, the same guy that sold me the thing, showed up at my house to deliver. Simple easy trouble free, I will always to anytype of engine bussiness with them. Sorry for the f-up, but all we can say is told you so. Oh and yes do call whom ever it was that you paid with and dispute the hell out of it. later

Keoni
12-27-2006, 10:24 PM
That sucks, let us know what company so others can stay away from them. I would never buy from a company overseas, dont know if thats your case. Good luck with getting the engine running.

The company is Nagasaki JDM Motors in Canada. The guy Mike that I talked to the first time when my friend just received the motor was cool, it seemed like he wanted to set things right. But when I sent out the harness and got that phone call a week later I talked to a different guy who had no idea what was going on. I asked to talk to Mike but I was told that Mike would not be back untill January.I am hoping that they will refund my friends money or at least the amount it will take to get a new wiring harness from toyota.

andy10889... Jarco would be my first choice but they do not ship front clips to Hawai'i. It is like deja Vu for me, samething happened to me with my swap and I ended spending alot of money to source parts that were missing or broken. And to top it off the piston rings were fried in Cylinder No.2. I am hoping that this motor does not have that problem.

Thanks for the help guys. I think a good better business bureau threat will get this company to wake up.

tankd0g
12-28-2006, 02:34 AM
Wonder if there's a pole out front you can hang the motor from and just swing it into the front door...

MightyAl
12-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Yup I don't buy engines from anyone but Jarco. I have purchased at least a dozen 1jz's from them and had a few minor issues which they addressed quickly and sent out replacement parts. None of their engines ever had compression problems and the harnesses were always intact. I think most of these companies get away with this crap because they arent used to selling engines to people doing swaps and have no idea what is involved. They mostly sell replacement issues to people so they dont need all the ancilliary pieces. I deal with a salvage yard here in STL that is used to that and if I want more then just the engine I have to go down there and look through what they have to get what I need. When you go with a front clip you know everything is there except from some companies which will remain nameless.

TheNefariousOne
12-28-2006, 06:34 PM
I think this is more a "Shoulda dealt with a reputable company" Provided you know what you're doing, engine sets can work fine as long as they have all the parts.

T-spoon
12-28-2006, 06:38 PM
I think this is more a "Shoulda dealt with a reputable company" Provided you know what you're doing, engine sets can work fine as long as they have all the parts.

Sure that's true, but the point of the thread is that "as long as they have all the parts." can be a huge pain in the arse, even if they company isn't trying to screw you.

GT4SOM
01-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Jarco ftw. Got my clip in excellent condition, even got a nice blitz turbo timer off my clip with untouched harness. :D

Cavanagh
01-03-2007, 03:55 AM
Ya, im deffinatley going to Jarco when im ready.

VikingJZ
01-03-2007, 04:19 AM
Jarco all the way. Sure it may be expensive, but everyone knows that they are reliable and have minimal issues that are always addressed promptly and properly.